The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov. 8, 2012
    gulf coast

    Default What is the thing the Dr looks in your ear with called?

    And can a non-medical person get one? where? My freind's baby(6 months) just went to the ER, sooo expensive! It would be so much easier to look in his ear every A.M. and know what's what, than to wait for the crying and ear pulling to start...usually at10:00P.M.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2001
    It's warm


    Sure you can get one. It is called an otoscope and Amazon sells them.

    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #3


    Just be careful not to puncture the ear drum when you look in there. (That per our family doc who commented he is surprised he and his partner haven't ruptured more eardrums using them.)
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

    1 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Can anyone tell me what this bit is called?
    By alabama in forum Off Course
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov. 22, 2012, 10:09 AM
  2. Sucking on bit a good thing or bad thing?
    By cyberbay in forum Dressage
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug. 16, 2012, 10:35 AM
  3. She won't come when called.
    By Sport in forum The Menagerie
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Jul. 28, 2012, 10:40 PM
  4. Ever Called The Vet Out And...
    By IdahoRider in forum Off Course
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Jul. 26, 2009, 10:25 AM
  5. What do you want to be called on a BB??
    By TheJenners in forum Off Course
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: Mar. 9, 2007, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts