The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yes you can click on the link to see your post that received a "thunb". I see them as short cuts as well, to agree or disagree.

One red thumb that stumped me was on a post where I basically wrote what I gave my farrier for Christmas, quoting said farrier as saying that she received way too many home baked cookies and fudge... So I am assuming that the person giving me the red thumb enjoys giving home-baked goods for Christmas, and was offended at my farrier's remark?
    lol
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    My comments on this thread have generated around 20 ratings of good or bad (did Frankenstein design the rating system?) and I can tell exactly which post got the rating. The notification gives a post number, which is a link to the post. Have you tried that?
    Ah, you have to click on that number and it takes you to the relevant thread--got it, thanks! Not worth my time--I just want to read my PMs, not sort through valentines to see if any of the boys in my class like me. If someone wants to tell me they hate what I have to say, that's what PMs are for. (not PMS, PMs)
    Click here before you buy.

3 members found this post helpful.

I like the green thumbs because it saves various posters from having to copy the post or do ^^ to signify. I do find it handy and I like to let people know that I enjoyed their post or found it helpful, etc.

I think they could do without the red thumbs. If you disagree with someone, you should state why. Otherwise it does look childish retaliation on some of these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I have to agree with this. Someone (and their alters) enjoys just thumbs downing every post by certain people.

If the thumbs are going to stay I think they should not be anonymous.
    Agree, and there is kind of a creep factor to the anonymous thumbs down. If you want to flick me the bird, Own It!!!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

6 members found this post helpful.

I haven't gotten any lol. Guess that's a good thing. I have given thumbs up just because I agree and don't need to write the same thing over again. I would like it not to be anonymous, I'd like to see who likes or doesn't like m post but then again it may start a war like said above.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Only one? You need to apply yourself.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

Default value of Greenies

If you get a certain amount of Green thumbs do you think the mods will erase the demerit I got years ago for advertising when no one else got banned even for totally blatant advertising.

My was a joke and barely called advertising by today's liberal standards. . . no sense of humor, thanks!

Wow! Just what the forum needed -- another thread bemoaning the red and green thumbs! Yay! Maybe we'll get another naming thread, a "what should I wear" thread, and a Rolkur thread too!

I love me some read and green thumbs, but do so wish (as do many others) that we also had a "bird" to click as well. Sad blue face.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by loshad View Post
    Wow! Just what the forum needed -- another thread bemoaning the red and green thumbs! Yay! Maybe we'll get another naming thread, a "what should I wear" thread, and a Rolkur thread too!

I love me some read and green thumbs, but do so wish (as do many others) that we also had a "bird" to click as well. Sad blue face.
    Blue

Quote Originally Posted by rabicon View Post
    I haven't gotten any lol. Guess that's a good thing. I have given thumbs up just because I agree and don't need to write the same thing over again. I would like it not to be anonymous, I'd like to see who likes or doesn't like m post but then again it may start a war like said above.
    Someone gave this post a thumbs down!

I had 23 more notifications from this thread alone, and all I'm trying to do is defend the English language.

Also, some is going along and giving every post a raspberry.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by loshad View Post
    Don't forget what do you think of this saddle?
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

Quote Originally Posted by ahbaumgardner View Post
    Helloooooooooooo Red Thumbers!

testing, testing.

Too bad you weren't around when we had our "COTH Roast" thread, you would have given me some great material!
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Someone gave this post a thumbs down!

I had 23 more notifications from this thread alone, and all I'm trying to do is defend the English language.

Also, some is going along and giving every post a raspberry.
    I gave you a red thumb for this one just to add to your collection. I don't really have any red thumb feelings about your post. I just want you to know someone is reading.

I have a few red thumbs for two different posts: one insisting that horses don't need blankets & one for saying that I used to ride at Morgan /Saddlebred barns where a lot of owners didn't ride their own horses.

to those, I just want to say: pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbltt: pbbbbbbbbbbbblllllltt.

pls humor me & click red thumb for this post: want to see how many I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    I think when you get 100 red thumbs the COTH mods send you cookies. Not sure though.
    I prefer chocolate chip. And I'm sure I qualify for free cookies
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I got Red Thumbed just for posting this Thread and someone has systematically gone thru and Red thumbed almost every post/thread/comment I have made in recent past...

Which is why I wondered where the Bad n Good ultimately lead to..a pot of gold or a muck pit...
    Last edited by judybigredpony; Dec. 14, 2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Clarification

1 members found this post helpful.

Hiss, boo, JBR. Not cool for others to downrate you for asking a question!

I wish there was a rating that said something like "unconstructive". Cuz there is oh so much of that around here, on certain threads.
    Last edited by Lori B; Dec. 16, 2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: clarity!
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

Quote Originally Posted by Lori B View Post
    Hiss, boo, JBR. Not cool.

I wish there was a rating that said something like "unconstructive". Cuz there is oh so much of that around here, on certain threads.
    Why are you booing her for mentioning that someone else has been red thumbing her posts??

Since it's a thread about the thumbs... how is this "un-constructive?"

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Man, this topic has unroofed some serious psychological issues, it looks like. Not necessarily among individual posters, but the collective COTH psyche, perhaps. But that's OK, nothing unexpected.
    Click here before you buy.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by judybigredpony View Post
    I got Red Thumbs just for the topic post and someone has systematically gone thru and Red thumbed almost every post/thread/comment I have made in recent past...
    You're obviously an overachiever as opposed to the poster who needed to "apply" herself more for not having any red ones

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    Man, this topic has unroofed some serious psychological issues, it looks like. Not necessarily among individual posters, but the collective COTH psyche, perhaps. But that's OK, nothing unexpected.
    I only thumb the posts that the voice tells me to.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

5 members found this post helpful.