The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That was lovely. Thank you for posting it.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

When we had to turn my dad's machines off in February, I took great comfort in knowing that Willem would barge past everyone and be the first one to greet him. He had good manners, did Willem, but that would have been too much for him, waiting his turn to see his my dad. And I have to say it has made me smile, imagining the two of them together.

A fine horse.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreene View Post
    Willem has been gone over nine years. Still miss him. This, too, it be right.

Nine years? Holey cow! I can't believe it's been that long. I still think of him when I'm on COTH.

Beautiful tribute. Glad I'm vacation today because it made me cry. I hate to cry at work. Everyone there thinks I'm completely hard heart-ed.

Gosh... The sun is seriously in my eyes or something. My popcorn is all soggy too.

That was beautiful!

OK, I put my absolute favorite, awesome cat down two months ago & now I am bawling. I did it while he was still purring and coming around to sit on my lap, and I keep wondering if I should have waited, to have one more day or week with hi. Reading the words in that video just now really, really struck home & made me feel better (?) about my decision.

Thanks for posting, I wasn't around for it the first time

This video gives me goose bumps and tears.

Thanks to the folks that made it and shared the horses in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippolyta View Post
    OK, I put my absolute favorite, awesome cat down two months ago & now I am bawling. I did it while he was still purring and coming around to sit on my lap, and I keep wondering if I should have waited, to have one more day or week with hi. Reading the words in that video just now really, really struck home & made me feel better (?) about my decision.

Thanks for posting, I wasn't around for it the first time
    Same here, my old ranch horse's stifle problems were past draining and re-injecting one more time, so were his knees and pain medication was not helping at trimming time the last go round.
    He was dropping a bit of weight, laying down a lot and had more and more problems getting up now.
    The vet came one more time to evaluate him and we decided it was time, rather than waiting for a crisis to come soon, probably in the coldest days of winter.

The memories is all is left now, like in this video ...

Ach, I had forgotten about that too. Seeing my Star mare right at the beginning just makes my heart clench a bit.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

I can't watch this right now. Had to put down my kids' pony, who was of course also my pony, Tuesday night. We had Vegas for 11 years, and she was a very special little mare. My daughter is working on a video tribute for her.

When I bought Nomad I met the girl that owned him prior to the owner that I bought him from. She showed me many photos of him including one of him jumping 3'9" in the Dixon Oval, BEAUTIFULLY. Another was of him driving and he was trained by her grandfather. Before he died he told her that he was the best horse she ever had and that it was a mistake to sell him. He was right. She said she wanted to find a horse to go further and challenge her. But she never went further, Nomad was her pinacle. When her grandfather died they buried him with a photo of her and Nomad in the casket. I imagine that they are also reunited, a man who truly appreciated him and taught him to drive by simply hitching him up and said, "Let's go!" LOL