The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default A PSA regarding Simon's Cat calendar

I love Simon's Cat on youtube. Recently, I discovered there's a website. Not only that, but THINGS you can buy, too! I bought a t-shirt and a calendar. The calendar was for my office. When it arrived, I took it straight to work. I started showing it off to my boss, who asked, "When is President's Day?" Leafing through the calendar, I realized that since Simon's Cat is from Great Britain, so is the calendar. I had to admit they didn't have President's Day on my brand-new, adorable calendar!

It is really cute, though. So is the shirt!

2 members found this post helpful.

Hubby & I just bought our Xmas tree, but haven't yet put it up. This will be the first Xmas tree for our dump/recycling-center-trapped Siamese kitty "Ming the Merciless", & after watching his destructive antics for a year now, we're dreading the destruction & looking forward to kissing a lot of ornaments goodbye. Gotta love this video; can't wait to live it out in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2h3...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    Gotta love this video; can't wait to live it out in person.

Weight the base of your tree stand! Or if you get a live, potted tree, make sure the dirt is well covered up (so kitty doesn't think its a litter box).

I don't put up a tree at my place (no room), but I help my parents decorate theirs. Mom and I have learned to put all the ornaments with no dangle embellishments, are non-breakable, have non-interesting-chew-textures, etc, within stretch reach of the floor so her cat can't do anything stupid. So far, in 10 years, Kiki's been behaving herself.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    Hubby & I just bought our Xmas tree, but haven't yet put it up. This will be the first Xmas tree for our dump/recycling-center-trapped Siamese kitty "Ming the Merciless", & after watching his destructive antics for a year now, we're dreading the destruction & looking forward to kissing a lot of ornaments goodbye. Gotta love this video; can't wait to live it out in person.

This is so accurate with my dad's cats that it's scary!

The tree stand is a honking big cast-iron baby, so that ain't going anywhere. But we're still going to use high-test monofilament or wire or something & tie the darn tree (at least 8-1/2 feet tall) to the wall or sliding deck door handles or something. "Ming the Merciless" is as insidious as his old-time movie serial villain namesake.

Oooh I'd love to get some Simon's Cat stuff! I love him! In fact I want to get a Simon's Cat tattoo (the cat clawing and looking over his shoulder). It would be more appropriate to get this image but I'm just not going there!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Re the cat and Christree thing....years ago ex-DH and I had moved back home after he out of the Navy. Actually had our own furniture now, etc. We bought a real live Christmas tree and plunked it the metal stand. The cat we had acquired in CA took one look and launched herself across the room and into the tree. No lights or ornaments were on it though. Took a length of tow chain and wrapped it like a jelly roll around the legs of the stand. Did that for many years.

Was in Sams Club and recently and saw a container of shatterproof ornaments that looked pretty close to real ones. About a 100 for $30. Walmart has 50 for
    $17. Next year, my tree may rise again....it's so buried in the workshop, it would
    take til New Years to dig it out. Haven't had a tree up since we moved here due to all the foster kittens and cats.

OT: my dream house will have a Christmas tree closet. You can just roll the tree
    into said closet, drape a sheet over it and roll it out each Christmas. Think of the time it would save for baking cookies, shopping, etc. We actually looked at a house here that a bookcase in the dining room. The bookcase swing inward to a
    very small room/closet that would have been perfect for stashing a tree. The owner was a policeman with small children and that room was where he stashed his guns, extra uniforms and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    Oooh I'd love to get some Simon's Cat stuff! I love him! In fact I want to get a Simon's Cat tattoo (the cat clawing and looking over his shoulder). It would be more appropriate to get this image but I'm just not going there!
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! That's the t-shirt I bought! SO CUTE!