The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society Christmas Donation Plea

I try not to post these often here as I don't want to be a pest (I always hate being constantly bombarded myself!). And I did make my own donation today as I don't want to ask others to do something unless I'm willing to!

I’m reaching out to you today on behalf of neglected, abused and abandoned horses who cannot speak for themselves.

Although I know you are busy with the Christmas and the holiday season, I hope you’ll take just a minute or two to read over this note and help us help a bunch of needy horses.

If you aren’t familiar with Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society, we’re a nonprofit horse rescue and welfare organization that works with law enforcement officials across the state of Texas to help abused, abandoned, stray, and neglected horses and other equines. We also offer advice to rescue organizations, animal shelters, and law enforcement agencies around the country. Since we first opened our doors in 2005, we have taken in almost 700 horses and placed many of those horses into loving homes.

Pilgrim is one of the lucky Bluebonnet horses this year – although his story nearly had a tragic end. Pilgrim was discovered roaming on a deserted road in a very rural county. He was emaciated and injured. No one claimed to own Pilgrim, so the sheriff’s department asked us to take him. He’s a friendly horse who is going to be gorgeous once healthy, but he has a tough road ahead of him. He first has to gain weight and then must undergo surgery to deal with the untreated injury he suffered before he was discovered. I am confident that this sweet horse will recover and will find a loving forever home, but I fear that his story would have a very different ending if we weren’t here to help him.

We have so many horses with stories similar to Pilgrim’s: horses who were unloved and unwanted, horses who were starving, and horses who were abused and terrified. Thanks to the wonderful, giving efforts of our foster homes and the generosity of our donors, many of those horses have recovered from their past and are now show horses, kids’ mounts, endurance and competitive trail horses, ranch horses, and pleasure horses.

In order to help more horses in the coming year, we need your help. I know times are tight for many people right now, but if you can spare a small amount, it can make a world of difference for a needy horse, donkey or mule. And if you can’t make a cash donation, donations of new or used horse tack, farm/ranch items, horse-themed home décor, art or jewelry are always appreciated. These items can be sold at our 2013 Bluebonnet Horse Expo to help raise the funds Bluebonnet needs to take care of many needy horses. Or consider becoming a foster home or volunteer. Whatever your talent, Bluebonnet has a place for you and you can help many needy animals.

During this holiday season, we’re offering you three donation options. You can send a donation to BEHS, PO Box 632, College Station, TX 77841 or you can click on the Paypal link to make a donation via credit card:

General Fund
    This helps pay for veterinary care, costs of assisting law enforcement with neglect complaint investigation, costs of assisting law enforcement with seizures, and miscellaneous other expenses:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=WTK78ZXUGGUNG

Rescue Horse Training Challenge Fund
    A donation to the Training Challenge Fund will help cover the costs of the Bluebonnet Rescue Horse Training Challenge, a training competition in which professional trainers and foster homes work with a foster horse for three months and then show their horse at the Bluebonnet Horse Expo. Horses who participate in the training challenge are adopted more quickly and have successful jobs:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=HSZ2YSDS56PCJ

Sponsor a Specific Horse
    Funds donated for a specific horse help cover his costs from veterinary care to reimbursing the horse’s foster home for hay, grain, and other expenses. You can visit our website to get a complete list of horses in the rescue at http://www.bluebonnetequine.org/. Be sure to list the name of the horse you wish to sponsor:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=NQS7DBMNQJQ8Q

Bluebonnet is a 501(c)(3) organization which means that your donation is tax-deductible. We’re grateful for any size donation and consider all donors members of the Bluebonnet family. As a special bonus, anyone who donates $25 or more receives a complimentary one-year membership to the rescue.

Please help us help the horses who need us. Thank you for your consideration.

Jennifer Williams, Ph.D.
    President, Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Thank you to those who donated - we've made it to nearly half my goal (of $5,000). I'm sending out thank you emails today and thank you notes will go out in the mail this week. You all are wonderful!

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Jenn,

I have a box to ready to go of stuff I picked up this week. Nothing special, a few wormers, some vet wrap, treats, 2 draft halters, some animalintex. I would like to add a halter and fly mask for Daytona if you can get me the size.

I can't get to my pm's so you can e-mail me from my profile.

Thanks
    Susan

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud To Be Spotted View Post
    Jenn,

I have a box to ready to go of stuff I picked up this week. Nothing special, a few wormers, some vet wrap, treats, 2 draft halters, some animalintex. I would like to add a halter and fly mask for Daytona if you can get me the size.

I can't get to my pm's so you can e-mail me from my profile.

Thanks
    Susan
    You are WONDERFUL! I got your email and answered it this morning - if you don't see it, check your junk mail and then let me know and I'll try again. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    You are WONDERFUL! I got your email and answered it this morning - if you don't see it, check your junk mail and then let me know and I'll try again. Thank you!
    Found it in the spam box. Thanks I'll get on it tomorrow.

Susan