The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What should I do..... (Spinoff)

Whilst merrily rolling along in Photobucket I happened upon an album of a certain COTH'er....

And what do you know.... it's FILLED with Copyright infringed show images.

Huh. Wow. How shocking to see such careless disregard for ownership. Lacking some ethics and gee... I think I will be sending these along to the photographer.

What a real surprise. To find that someone who can complain bitterly online about another COTH member not behaving well, actually doesn't behave well themselves.

Oh well. Bring on the Red Thumbs!! I at least have proof to go with the pudding.

http://s761.beta.photobucket.com/use...Down?start=all

Oh and fyi.... the last couple pics in that album that aren't stolen, show the horse at JBRP's farm.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

17 members found this post helpful.

The subject just reminds me of those cocky commercials about LeBron James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK1FPMDjLzs

Maybe that chick has the same entitlement issues.

ETA: Yay! Mission: Accomplished. I finally got a negative rating!!!
    Last edited by circus peanuts; Dec. 11, 2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Celebrating ill will!

6 members found this post helpful.

Clearly they are one of those people who feel they are entitled to such things and are not hurting anyone.

5 members found this post helpful.

Bush league all around.
    Click here before you buy.

7 members found this post helpful.

Why would someone want to keep pictures with watermarks all over the image?

9 members found this post helpful.

Ahh. So that's one of the pieces of junk that JBRP sells,huh?

Nice horse. Not nice to steal pictures. Or post horrendous stuff on the internet.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

8 members found this post helpful.

Double Down JC name Devils Victory..ridden I believe by Devon DePhillips and owned by Michelle Goldberg of Bernville PA.
    Last edited by judybigredpony; Dec. 12, 2012 at 09:15 AM.

10 members found this post helpful.

Threads like this confuse me. Why post about it on here? Why not just contact the photogs and let them deal with it?
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

22 members found this post helpful.

Because this is Jr High.

And it is perfectly possible that she bought the pictures.

24 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    Because this is Jr High.

And it is perfectly possible that she bought the pictures.
    Fyi Saje,

Still not allowed to use proofs of copyrighted images, even if you bought them, for your own personal use. Here's why, and photographers will tell you this also, allowing people to post proofs even if they've bought the image condones the infringement. That's not something that any photog wants because one person sees another doing and it and thinks "well Jane did it, I can too."

They're are tons of people who use proofs for personal use without buying images. And many photographers have been led to many new twists on their business plans. Why? To try to keep up with infringers. But I digress...we've already had tons of threads about that. But to stay on point, even if those pictures were purchased you still are in violations of your usage by posting a proof.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Quote Originally Posted by kookicat View Post
    Threads like this confuse me. Why post about it on here? Why not just contact the photogs and let them deal with it?
    Ahh, you must read the other thread where Concetta tried to besmirch the name of judybigredpony. People in glass houses and all that.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Emily, I'm going to support you on this subject again just so I can get a red feenga. I haven't gotten one since the last off topic day
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kookicat View Post
    Yeah, exactly. For that matter, *I* just sent an email to the photographer linking them to this thread and the Photobucket. It took about 90 seconds. Cove Creek Photograph can decide how they want to proceed.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by judybigredpony View Post
    Double Down JC name Devils Victory..ridden I believe by Devon DePhillips and owned by Michelle Goldberg of Bernville PA.

Very nice horse..hope Concetta remembers I told her he was a cribber.....
    Yes Pat Dale...you did tell me Devil was a cribber, and yes you also told me up front...as in before I purchased him that somebody else passed on buying him bc he had a bone cyst that was found on his PPE xrays....I didn't care as Devil is my forever horse-not ever for resale.........big difference.......you never once told me squat about the big greys feet.....nor did I ask....my mistake.....however it's funny or rather ironic that when I first came to you and told about the condition of his feet a few months ago....your response was that whatever issues he's got with his feet I caused them bc I owned him long enough for laminitis to develop...hmm...then your next line of defense was he has "wb" feet and was born that way ....hmm....now after he's been fully vetted and xrays revealed ding ding ding laminitis from a long time ago...before myself or even you owned him...suddenly you concur and agree...and said that the same vet agreed and passed and xray'd him last year by your buyer, and you went and got second and third opinions deeming it a non issue...which it very well might never be....however you didn't feel the need to tell me any of this prior to me buying him???

Boy, you don't learn do you? I hope this thread insures he is stuck with you forever.

3 members found this post helpful.

Do you people have lives? . . . oh, well here I am I sure hope ya'all can find some Christmas spirit soon. Santa is watching and yes!!! he does exist.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

11 members found this post helpful.

Clearly the theme here is - the best defense is a good offense.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Boy, you don't learn do you? I hope this thread insures he is stuck with you forever.
    Why for speaking up?? ....yeah I learned not to trust anybody

6 members found this post helpful.

If that other thread didn't convince you that this is not the way to handle this matter then nothing will. You aren't solving anything and are making sure that everyone knows to steer clear of you and your horse. I wouldn't be surprised if this got you banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Laurierace....I remember not too long ago Pat Dale was TRASHING you about Promoting your own horse at her coth get together at her farm, and what an awful race trainer you were, and a terrible horseman....funny that you're sticking up for her all of a sudden