The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I have that Lami Cell gel pad and it is very bulky, I don't think its at all what the OP wants. I would recommend a Thinline, something doesn't have to be thick to be effective.
    Interesting, because I don't consider the Lami Cell to be bulky at all.. I have it too, and it's nothing compared to the beval sheepskin half pads.. I consider that bulky

Default "Non-slip?"

Some of the pads being discussed here are advertised as non-slip. Do they perform as described?

Thank you.

I have the Lami-Cell pad and I love it, but I use it for a saddle that is too wide and tends to sit too low on the withers. It might be a little too thick and stiff/structured for you if your saddle already fits well. Something like a ThinLine or gel pad would probably work better for you.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

Quote Originally Posted by AlterHalter123 View Post
    Okay like I said earlier.. maybe I don't understand the mechanics behind a thinline pad, but how can a piece of deli meat absorb shock and cushion.. I'm pretty sure if I were to put that thing on my back and you sat on me, I'd still feel your bony butt in my back the same as if I didn't have one on... I know a saddle goes on top of it when on a horse, but I just don't see how it does anything but take my money.
    I don't really know what makes this pad different than others but I can say I see a difference in my horse using the thinline pad.