The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 6 gorgeous WBs/Hackneys, giveaways in NY

***ETA: All are placed now except Carousel... beautiful Hackney/TB... extensive driving experience, but has arthritis. Could be rehabilitated to drive, but a retirement home would be ideal. Very sweet horse who deserves a good home!***

My friend and her mom are caretakers for six carriage horses at the Wethersfield estate in downstate NY, and the owner of the estate has decided he no longer wants horses on the property and wants them gone. Here is info she posted and links to pics (they're from her FB page, but hopefully the pictures will work):

ALL 6 Wethersfield Horses need new homes. If you know of anyone that would foster one, two, or more of these wonderful older horses, some of whom are in good usable riding and or driving condition please contact for more info. Any good home will be considered. No horse dealers please. Please forward this on to anyone who might help. Below are photos with descriptions. Contact: 845-373-8589 Ask for Sandy or Cerice. Or, email pangaeaequestrian (at) live.com for an email with photos and descriptions.

Romino- 1997 “Romeo” Hungarian Warmblood. 17 hh. Bay with white face and leg markings. Rides and drives- single, pair, four in hand. Seasoned wheel horse. Has been used in pair with Loutano and Carousel. Has been ridden extensively on trails. Calm and level headed. Not spooky. Best for a confident rider or experienced driver. Laminitis in front hooves, still sound. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...92258600_n.jpg

Loutano- 1995 “Louis” Holsteiner. 17.2 hh. Bay with white face and leg markings. Rides and drives- pair, four in hand. Wheel horse. Was in a pair with Romino. Has been in retirement for the past four years due to Lyme related symptoms. Arthritic in hind end, especially left stifle. Could probably be rehabilitated to ride and drive. http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...51440365_n.jpg

Carousel- 1995 Hackney/TB cross. 16.3 hh. Bay with white leg markings. Superb driving horse. Single or pair. Intelligent, willing to please, great work ethic. DOES NOT RIDE. Very arthritic in hind end. Might be drivable again with supplementation or injections. http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...71715366_n.jpg

Lesanto- 1994 “Old Man” Holsteiner. 17 hh. Bay with white face and leg markings. Has been ridden extensively on trails. Lovely floating movements. Super trail horse. Sensitive but sane, level headed. Not spooky. Bowed tendon in Right Front 2 years ago. Has residual swelling. Sound for light riding, walk/trot light canter. http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...80634289_n.jpg

Mambo-1994 Hungarian Warmblood. 16.2 hh. Dark bay/brown with white face and leg markings.
    Rides and drives- pair, four in hand lead horse. Has been in pair with Nobility. Has been ridden extensively on trails. Sensitive but sane. Iberian build, super athletic, lovely mover. Could be dressage horse. Best for an experienced rider or driver. Has had lymphingitis in Left Hind leg. Has mild residual swelling in that pastern. Sensitive back, goes great in treeless Ansur saddle with gel pad. Sound for riding and driving. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...15285953_n.jpg

Nobility- 1995 Warmblood. 16.3 hh. Dark bay/black with white face and leg markings. Rides and drives- pair, four in hand lead horse. Has been used in pair with Mambo. Has been ridden extensively on trails. Could be a very versatile riding horse. Light build, could do x-country. Very affectionate, sensitive but sane. Best for a confident rider or experienced driver. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...93900223_n.jpg
    Last edited by SarahandSam; Dec. 12, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

I hope these guys get homes. Those are some gorgeous horses. Wish we were closer!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Default Lesante/Nobility

Can you send a little more info by email. Apexfarms@sasktel.net.

Looking to see if dressage lower level capable for Senior rider with good experience. Clinic and general dressage riding, occassional show. Rider has Gran Prix mare, so capable of teaching a little to the boy(s). Looking for fun companion to do stuff with. Also, will depend on cost of horse and cost to ship to mid-canada.

Charmaine
    Charmaine
    Apex Farms
    www.apexfarmsandappraisal.com

Romino and Lesanto have found homes... Charmaine, you would want to contact the phone number or e-mail above. I have only met these guys once and can vouch for their looks and general good temperament, but haven't seen them in action myself. (:

I wish shipping wasn't so much' would love to get Nobility for my husband. Anyone headed to WI?

How sad, I had called about Mambo and was very interested in him and today I go on horse clicks and there he is for sale for $5000, I just wanted a horse i could trail ride and have fun on, not make money off of.
    My Answered Prayers**Daisy
    Willing to Please - Hero 5/10/87-7/14/09 My Life will never be the same

Quote Originally Posted by threehearts View Post
    How sad, I had called about Mambo and was very interested in him and today I go on horse clicks and there he is for sale for $5000, I just wanted a horse i could trail ride and have fun on, not make money off of.
    So Angelica Aversa got him for free and now his flipping him for $5,000? I guess she "pulled the wool" over someone's eyes.

Unless the original poster was wrong, the new seller also subtracted a few years off Mambo's age as well.

SarahandSam - your inbox is full...
    Carousel still available? Mentioned him in passing today to someone who might have an interest.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

http://www.horseclicks.com/mambo_5_p.../horses/319002

Oy. And she's marketing as bombproof and for beginners when the OP says he's sensitive and needs and experienced rider.

3 members found this post helpful.

Late to this thread. Weathersfield is about 10 miles from my farm!

The estate is owned by a trust, no one (except caretakers etc) lives there. There are phenomenally deep pockets -- I am not sure why they could not pay for Carousel's retirement. That makes zero sense to me.

I realize the OP's friends are the farm manager etc and not the decision makers, but the person making the decision is probably worth in the hundreds of millions.