The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Holsteiner mare available to lovely competent home

1998 AHHA registered gray MMB Holsteiner mare. I need to find her a home outside of Florida as she has sweating issues in this state. Image is sound and was my show horse - both eventing and in the jumpers. She cannot carry a foal but might be an ET candidate. Her sole daughter is a 49pt premium Holsteiner mare that was sought out by Kyle Carter. Image is bomb proof on the trail, can fox hunt and do lower level dressage. She has riding maintenance ( back injection that is about $100 a year). Unfortunately the person I let her go too has run into some financial difficulties so I am actively seeking a win-win solution for everyone. The yearly injections needed to keep her pain free for riding were lapse so it's been 2 yrs since her last injection. She's now starting to buck under saddle, which is no surprise given the the injection is well overdue and she's apparently been at running barrels. She might also be sore in her SI area as she is probably compensating as she has in the past. She is my heart horse but I cannot relocate north so am looking for a long term situation- NOT a flip home. No vices, loads, clips, good for vet, dentist and farrier.

With regards to the back issue I have mentioned above. She had some sort of trauma years ago that has caused some narrowing between L4 & L5. She was "tense" under saddle yet was never lame. A scan as well as a large x-ray showed the issue. I had it injected and all tenseness disappeared as her pain disappeared. Due to using herself in such a way as to protect that part of her back for years she did cause a bit of soreness to her SI area but again, has never been lame. I had it injected as well. She's been seen by top vets and I've maintained her religiously once we had a diagnosis. She is NOT for a beginner rider. She is sensitive yet sensible. Think sports car! I bred, raised, backed and competed her so am going to be very critical of who I place her with. It needs to work for all parties involved.

She is currently in the MS/TN area.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Sent you a PM