The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I've never let animals on the furniture- until this dog i have now. My GSD is so comfortable jumping onto our bed that when I lay there and read my Nook, many times he's jumped up, lain down beside me, put his head on a pillow, gave a big sigh and thrown a paw over my shoulders!!!!! LMAO
    Kerri

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by goodhors View Post
    I did put a chair by the French doors for her to sit above the screen door guard, so she can watch the birds at the feeders. Kitty TV, same birdy channel all the time, which gets her quite excited.
    Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one with CatTV! Aka...the very large window that faces the back yard and numerous bird feeders I put up just for my kitties....the finch feeder hung a mere few inches from the window itself seems to be their favorite.
    “Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of Solitaire. It is a grand passion.” ~Emerson

2 members found this post helpful.

I fell asleep 2 nights ago watching some movie on the Halmark channel. When I woke up I had all 4 dogs squished up next to me ( no wonder I was hot and sweaty and no DH around ) on both sides with my cat at my head. I had BCx to my left a JR and an all American to my right and a laso apso at my feet. I imagian I must have looked a sight.. I am glad no one had a camera Still working on my hair the cat must have worked hard to get it just right.
    Oh yeah this was on a king size bed.. and they where all on my side with DH's side empty..
    Friend of bar .ka

Atr, how does one make friends with a porcupine?

4 members found this post helpful.

Laminitic moose. Who'd thunk it. If you have a foundered moose, is there a Smart Pak with Remission or Quiessence for it?

6 members found this post helpful.

Now I have to confess that I want a humming porcupine. I can't bear how cute that must be!

And the pics of the Siamese Mafia at mac's place are gorgeous!

4 members found this post helpful.

how does one make friends with a porcupine?
    very carefully!

12 members found this post helpful.

I give him a raw egg about ...once every 2 weeks. He is not a morning dog, but if he does not eat he will vomit bile, so mainly its to encourage him to eat before I leave in the AM.

Egg is also good for their coat and is packed with omega's and its a good source of protein, but because they are packed with omega's the fat content is a bit high so I limit him to 2-3 a month. He is a 65 lbs mutt (boxer/pittie/black mouth cur/American bulldog cross) to give you an idea of size.

He coat is super soft, shiny and has super muscle tone (you could bounce a quarter off this thighs)

The eggs I get are fresh from the farm and still have their 'bloom' on them. AKA unwashed, they are rinsed but will still have bits of hay stuck to the shell. He loves them and can tell when I give him a store bought egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    Totally OT, but what is the purpose of the egg? I thought that raw eggs were bad?

1 members found this post helpful.

That's interesting! I'll have to look into eggs for Dixie! Thanks!

Back to regular programming.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

atr, I swear I have seen that vid of your porcupine somewhere before. Maybe icanhazcheezburger.com?

LOVE the Siamese mafia, alzo!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Not sure this will work. It's my first time trying to link pictures. These are my piggies.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...giestoday2.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...denForrest.jpg

A couple of weeks or so ago, I started a Thread in Around the Farm about feeding eggs to horses. Go there, so as not to turn this happy thread into a war. That Thread also discusses feeding eggs to dogs.
    Closest thing to a sauna around here would be tarping over a few cows, hold a bucket of water & light a match.

My little dog will be seven years old in three weeks and today I saw her first grey hair on her black head.
    Does that mean she is not a puppy any more?

Quote Originally Posted by spotteddrafter View Post
    Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one with CatTV! Aka...the very large window that faces the back yard and numerous bird feeders I put up just for my kitties....the finch feeder hung a mere few inches from the window itself seems to be their favorite.
    Since the Siamese Mafia are strictly indoor cats we screened off the big porch so they can have an 'outdoors'. We used to feed the birds right there next to the screen--cat tv.
    But the red squirrels then found the feed...then the gray squirrels...they then all moved lock stock and aunties into the attic thru a hole so small on the 3rd floor eaves I could not see it ( they got there by highwiring on the electric lines!)
    So...no more bird tv for them. Instead I grow them mighty strong catnip...and they chase them in their dreams

PS It is dam near impossible to rid yourself of attic dwelling squirrels...and the cats won't help
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    My little dog will be seven years old in three weeks and today I saw her first grey hair on her black head.
    NO she is still a puppy. Quit looking for gray hairs will ya?
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by macmtn View Post
    NO she is still a puppy. Quit looking for gray hairs will ya?
    That's it, I was not looking, it was a surprise to see it there.

I think those porcupine stories are about little English porcupines, surely not our huge tree trimmers we have here.
    Those would not be anyone's "nice" pet, I don't think.

Don't tell her! Do. Not. Tell. Her. She may not notice and will keep on acting like a puppy for years to come!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    atr, I swear I have seen that vid of your porcupine somewhere before. Maybe icanhazcheezburger.com?

LOVE the Siamese mafia, alzo!
    That video is not my porcupine... Mine do not come in the house, much against their better judgement!

That's it, I was not looking, it was a surprise to see it there.

I think those porcupine stories are about little English porcupines, surely not our huge tree trimmers we have here.
    Those would not be anyone's "nice" pet, I don't think.
    No porcupines in England--those are hedgehogs and entirely different. My porcupines here are indeed the tree trimming kind... They aren't pets, just rather tame and interactive. They do smell dreadful though

I have another confession.

My dogs, a large lab and large standard poodle, fancy themselves good bedmates. With us. In a king bed, I find that I am often squished into a teeny tiny spot on the outskirts whilst my husband and the dogs sleep comfortably stretched out. Sometimes, I get up and go sleep on the couch rather than disturb anyone. I really like happily sleeping peeps and dogs. (they're all a lot easier to deal with when they're asleep!)

Seriously though, hubby is always saying "Why don't you just make them MOVE?"

I can't. They're so cute and happy when they're sprawled all over my half of the bed.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...