The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need help asap Eventing Barns/trainers near Scott AFB (East St. Louis) area

OK fellow COTHers... need your help asap. Just found out (no joke, like 10 mins ago) my husband got orders to Scott AFB, we report in March. Oh crap!!!! This will be my first PCS and I know NOOOOOOOOthing about that area. I really need recommends for eventing barns & trainers in the area but any info general would be very much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!
    "Your horse can only be as brave as you are"

There was actually another thread recently about a person's husband PCSing to Scott. Here's the link.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...eventing-scene

I hope you enjoy Scott - I liked it there. I was stationed there for about 4 years, then did 5 years in a Reserve unit there. I didn't do any eventing while stationed there so I can't really help. Good luck with your move!

MKV you are Amazing!!! Thank you so much! I haven't been on here in a while (since our last scare about orders to TX) so I really really appreciate your help.

I used to be stationed there, too! But it was 15+ years ago so I sincerely doubt the names and places are the same. The Queeny Park Horse Trial is only about a 30 minute drive from SAFB, and the park was, at the time I was there, open for schooling year-round with decent jumps from the BN-P level. There is a good indoor H/J scene in nearby Midway, and the Bridlespur Hunt used to host a lot of shows as well. Good luck! I enjoyed my years there.
    Click here before you buy.

You're welcome! I moved away from there in '09 so I don't know how much help I could be, but if you have any questions about barns or whatever feel free to PM me. I still have friends in the area so if I can't answer something I can try to find out for you.
    Last edited by MKV; Dec. 10, 2012 at 03:23 PM.

HoneyBadger,
    Think you'll find a lot of useful links on the QPEE site: http://www.qpee.org/docs/links.html The majority of the Queeny volunteers also are members of Bridlespur - as I said on the other thread, a PM to Painted Wings probably would give you a lot of current information.

The Area IV website & Facebook page also have a lot of local information (Queeny will be hosting the 2013 Area IV Championships).
    Brock
    Brock n. (Anglo-Saxon) badger as in Brockenhurst, Brocklebank etc www.area35.us

Exclamation Thank you

I would like to take a moment to thank all of the amazing people I've come in touch with over the past few days due our new circumstances. I have never met a more supportive, helpful and genuinly caring group of people than I have since I dipped my toe into eventing over this past year. While I'm very sad to be leaving the family of friends we've made here in Delaware, I'm looking forward to meeting and getting to know some of the lovely pepole I've talked with this week. Thank you again for all of your gracious help and I look forward to joining Area IV

2 members found this post helpful.