The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by judybigredpony View Post

No I did not buy any of the Rads....and OP was fully disclosed what I heard observed @ 1st PPE on information I do not own....including front feet issue where the word Lamanitus was NEVER said..

Back to the bunker
    Edited above to reflect this clarification.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndyrgal View Post
    I'm not sure it's possible for anyone to behave any worse about a horse purchase gone wrong than I did, but you have.
    LOL!
    Why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?
    ~ Dave Barry

3 members found this post helpful.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

It's ok Debbie. I just don't like them much at all. Which is probably a good thing for my diet since folks tend to bring in KKs to work more than any others and I can avoid them.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndyrgal View Post
    I'm not sure it's possible for anyone to behave any worse about a horse purchase gone wrong than I did, but you have.
    LOL...and you have an awesome sense of humor.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

I think it would be relevant to me, if I was the OP:

1. Whether JBRP has owned the horse all its life, i.e., had the horse when it had a laminitic episode? To me if you've treated a horse for laminitis, then you clearly should disclose that. If some buyer's PPE showed some changes and you never had noticed a thing wrong with the horse, I can see not feeling a need to make an issue of it.

2. Whether JBRP had any explanation of how a four year old horse could possibly have ever had laminitis in the first place, and how this might affect the horse long term. I have never heard of a horse this young having laminitis. How does that even happen? Isn't overfeeding a baby a big no-no that can lead to other issues like OCD? I think it's odd to do stifle and hock x-rays on a horse this young at this price anyway, unless you're...I don't know...looking for OCD lesions?

I guess what I would have done was ask JBRP THOSE questions! Then I would know more about the horse's long-term prognosis. If he just had minor changes for no apparent reason and was never an obese, dead lame baby, and since he is still so young, why not just turn him out for six months and take new x-rays in the spring? He is coming five, right?
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tle View Post
    Only one thing left to add to this train wreck...

Why would anyone voluntarily eat Krispy Kreme donuts much less want an app to tell you when they're coming out of the oven? Yuck!
    OMG, Tie, have you ever had one hot out of the oven? The only word that comes to mind is not fit to print here!!

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MandyVA View Post
    I think it would be relevant to me, if I was the OP:

1. Whether JBRP has owned the horse all its life, i.e., had the horse when it had a laminitic episode?

2. Whether JBRP had any explanation of how a four year old horse could possibly have ever had laminitis in the first place

1 - JBRP specializes in selling horses that have come off the track. OP knows this, and knows that she probably did not have the horse through any laminitic episodes

2 - it's probably more common than you'd think. Racehorses especially pound the ground very hard, and as a result can get inflammation in their feet. They may also have reactions to different medications or (gasp!) performance enhancing drugs. Or injury to other limbs/feet may cause them to not move enough and rebalance oddly, causing inflammation. Even systemic, non-foot-related infections can cause laminitic inflammation. All of those things can cause "changes" which can be seen on rads later, while not necessarily causing the horse any major lameness or long term issue. Even when it was occurring, the horse may have acted footsore or uncomfortable, but not acted drastically lame/foundered. In this case in particular, the horse is having no functional issues as a result of the old inflammation, so the only real issue is that the OP feels it will be harder to sell the horse.

(I'm not a super expert but have seen a few horses from the track that had laminitic type changes visible upon x-ray, without being classic "obese overfed" founder cases, so did some research on that front)
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

11 members found this post helpful.

Hopefully anyone who does a search for Pat Dale or Three Plain Bays will look at the OP's other posts... the one that comes to mind is her breeding thread on the racing forum, it speaks volumes to how professionally the OP behaves. Don't remember the last time Pat got that nasty on a thread, including to people she hadn't met like Laurierace (who people also told her awful things about, boy does she get the insiders scoop on people!)

4 members found this post helpful.

What about Illegal Copy did the OP not understand? I hope the photographer prosecutes her.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?379494-What-should-I-do-(Spinoff)

EDA: Look I got a thumbs down...poor form Concetta. Rules and ethics are only for others, I guess.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

14 members found this post helpful.

I'm really shocked that nobody has asked who (Concetta) is?? UNLESS everyone already knows her??She mentioned getting several PM's about Pat. Obviously these are friends of hers who also are in hiding...Get a BACKBONE and come forward and stop the CHILDISH RANTS!!!

I sincerely doubt there were any PMs from anyone else ranting about Pat. People like to say that when things aren't going their way.

You'd think they'd stop since it's an old, tired ploy, and just as transparent as alters and house guests joining a thread in order to bolster an OP's 'righteousness'.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Riorider View Post
    I'm really shocked that nobody has asked who (Concetta) is?? UNLESS everyone already knows her??

I think several of us know who she is...I do now (and no, I'm not going to out her (or ever buy or sell a horse from her)--but it wouldn't be hard for anyone to figure out if you wanted to waste some time.). She is not an event rider....so I wonder why she posted this thread here....when it has NOTHING to do with eventing, and she is not an event rider. Only reason I can think of is because she knows Pat sells a lot of horses to event riders and she was purposely trying to do damage to her business. As she could have gotten responses to her questions without naming names if all she really wanted was suggestions for what she should do.

Honestly...I'm pretty surprised the mods have not shut this one down...even though it has been entertaining. Only eventers could have turned a thread like this into a discussion of panties, riding comando...and krispy kream donuts
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; Dec. 11, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    What about Illegal Copy did the OP not understand? I hope the photographer prosecutes her.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?379494-What-should-I-do-(Spinoff)

EDA: Look I got a thumbs down...poor form Concetta. Rules and ethics are only for others, I guess.
    Hey I gave you a thumbs up!!! :-) Fwiw.. she's gonna get more than a thumbs down from the photographers. They're pretty happy with my emails right now.

~Emily
    Last edited by Xctrygirl; Dec. 11, 2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

11 members found this post helpful.

Thanks Caffeinated, that's good to know.

2 members found this post helpful.

I missed the part where this horse had raced...makes sense why you would do x-rays in the PPE now. Actually $7,000 for a re-sale with racing mileage and the OP didn't do a PPE? That is nuts. I was assuming we were dealing with an unraced big grey 4 year old, which I wouldn't have PPE'd either. But I also wouldn't drop 7K on it expecting to flip it, even unraced.

As everyone has had ample opportunity to weigh in, we're closing this one down with our best wishes for a positive outcome for the parties involved in this personal business dispute.

Thanks,
    Mod 1