The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I would tow my brenderup with a flex so I don't think a rice trailer would be that much different. 4corners - you got a GREAT deal on your rice. I tow with a 6 cyl. Trailblazer which would be similar to the ford flex. Personally, I wouldn't tow any steel trailer with my truck and I would have to look at the overall weight of aluminum trailers carefully. It hauls my brenderup just fine and I'm very happy with the combo.
    I know! People keep asking to buy it. But I love it. It's really too small for us though, we need a three horse. I'm holding out for a Rice Treble. Wish I could import one!

Quote Originally Posted by 4cornersfarm View Post
    I know! People keep asking to buy it. But I love it. It's really too small for us though, we need a three horse. I'm holding out for a Rice Treble. Wish I could import one!
    You could go with a Fautras Oblic 3. A lightweight, Euro trailer that is a three-horse bumperpull.

I like that Bockmann Master polyester trailer because it looks like a thermos. The price is astronomical though. I got my Featherlite for $7500 new. I think the Bockmann was close to $20,000. I don't use my trailer enough to justify the cost of one.
    You are what you dare.

You could go with a Fautras Oblic 3. A lightweight, Euro trailer that is a three-horse bumperpull.
    Do they have a website? I did a google search and couldn't find one.

Edited to add - I see it's a slant load, I hate slants. May end up with one, but I'm trying to find a bumper pull 2+1.

I found an older Brenderup for a decent price. If it's in good shape, I'd be all over this:

http://lexington.craigslist.org/grd/3487669011.html
    That's a very good price! Walls on Brenderups of that year were made with a different material than the newer ones - a very sturdy wood composite with preservative - but which can degrade over time whereas the later stuff is basically impervious to weather & time (they changed in 1992ish I think). It looks like someone has been very careful to preserve the original walls & has reinforced it with aluminum skin in places, maybe? And it looks like they painted it white. I'd check that it's as well done in person as it looks in the pics, but even if it still needs some work someone is going to get a great deal on that!