The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

So many American and International riders are sponsored by Amino. I doubt the coats will be gone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyPenny View Post
    So many American and International riders are sponsored by Amino. I doubt the coats will be gone soon.
    I dunno... all fads pass. There was a minute when everyone under the SUN was sponsored by GPA too...
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I dunno... all fads pass. There was a minute when everyone under the SUN was sponsored by GPA too...
    GPA is still in vogue though.

The Leyla!
    I have this one. Its lovely, I use it for dressage. They don't make it anymore. I bought mine at WEG 2010. It seems like their jackets have gotten more radical year by year. The first line they released was more traditional but glamorous. Now some of them are just way out there and don't look formal enough to compete it.

I think the Pink coat is adorable!

Then again, I have switched to eventing.

I agree, in the beginning, some of their jackets were nice and normal looking, and definitely not nearly this short. I mean they were still sort of different, but not this out there.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrider23 View Post
    I agree, in the beginning, some of their jackets were nice and normal looking, and definitely not nearly this short. I mean they were still sort of different, but not this out there.
    I find that their "new direction" is kind of a let down. I have a really hard time finding jackets because I am short and petite so when I found the jacket at WEG I was in love. But now, I don't know if I will buy another one that isn't close to formal. I wish they still made them with pockets. I will never buy a jacket that isn't navy, grey, or black. I also do eventing but the dressage portion is very formal so why on earth anyone would wear one that looks like a sport jacket is beyond me. I think the pink is cute for a fun jacket but for a classic or formal dress code, its just not right.

GPA is still in vogue though.

Not the way it was in THE HEYDAY. Remember the striping and the blinging and how GPAs were THE THING. They're not that anymore. And I predict that's what will happen here too. For a year eveyone will HAVE to HAVE these and then some new thing will come out and most everyone will gravatate to that. There will still bew some Animos kicking around but it'll be just one of many options.
    ~Veronica

Brands evolve with new ideas and styles. I remember how ugly people thought the original GPA helmets were, but then everyone started wearing them and other manufacturers started copying the look. Same with the Speed Air helmets. Europe has always been the where new styles start and they always end up here. GPA helmets, Charles Owen helmets, French saddles, Parlanti boots, Pikeur breeches, etc. and now Animo jackets. American markets seem to like all the new and different fashions and styles especially in the jumpers.

4 members found this post helpful.

I think the real hook is anything that costs 2x what its competitors cost? The A Team HAS TO HAVE IT and once the A Team has it... a lot of other people want it too.

If a flaming bag of horse manure cost $500, people would be standing in line to buy it

If those Animo coats costs $200, no one would touch them with a 12 foot pole. JMHO. A lot of it is a prestige/status thing.
    ~Veronica

If those Animo coats costs $200, no one would touch them with a 12 foot pole. JMHO. A lot of it is a prestige/status thing.
    I don't know—I don't think so. Charles Owen helmets were hardly the most expensive helmet out there for awhile, and they were (still are) very, very popular.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    I don't know—I don't think so. Charles Owen helmets were hardly the most expensive helmet out there for awhile, and they were (still are) very, very popular.
    At least the normal coloured ones are pretty traditional looking! That's the whole reason I got my JR8 - I could care less that they are/were trendy!

I think Animo coats are here to stay. The trend may veer towards blue/black/dark colors again (remember when evvveeryyoneee had colored shirts?), but I think the younger crowd (myself included) likes the cut of the Animo. I really like the soft-shell coat. For a super petite person like myself, it is 10x more flattering than a hunt coat. I get lost in hunt coats that aren't tailored for me.

Like almost everything in the world, you can't judge a species by an organism.

3 members found this post helpful.

The land of heat waves and unbearable humidity

I have an amimo coat and it fits me like it was custom made for me. I love the fit and how it functions.

Just like GPA, Grand Prix and other types of coats, not everybody will looks good in them This is why there are so many styles and cuts.

For the red color, if you daughter loves it then let her wear it! Who really gives a crap with other peope think or say? You go compete for the love of the sport, not for a fashion show.
    "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    Not ALL trends are about prestige/cost... but I think this one is

If it's allllllllllll about the sooooooooooooooffffffftshell fabric... how come the hunter princesses weren't coco for coco puffs for the Kerrits version that came out a few years ago and caused basically no splash at all? Oh that's right, it cost under $100 and didn't come from Iiiitttaalllyy!
    ~Veronica

5 members found this post helpful.

Not ALL trends are about prestige/cost... but I think this one is

If it's allllllllllll about the sooooooooooooooffffffftshell fabric... how come the hunter princesses weren't coco for coco puffs for the Kerrits version that came out a few years ago and caused basically no splash at all? Oh that's right, it cost under $100 and didn't come from Iiiitttaalllyy!
    It was also quite ugly, plain and boring.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by annaelizabeth View Post
    It was also quite ugly, plain and boring.
    Well, that pink one ain't gonna' be accused of being boring or plain... but... um... the stuffed sausage look these coats have going on is pretty darn ugly!
    ~Veronica

3 members found this post helpful.

I want a disco-ball jacket, preferably with a hood. Does anybody know where I can find one? I think that will be the trend at WEF this year. I heard riders on the Bulgarian Show Jumping team are wearing them.
    Nobody puts baby in a corner

Well, that pink one ain't gonna' be accused of being boring or plain... but... um... the stuffed sausage look these coats have going on is pretty darn ugly!
    In time there will be a hunter shad designed for the American market. They will be stretchy polyester, tight and short in the front. All the better for your belly roll to poke through. Better stretch up tall in that thing! You'll have ugly pictures!
    Nobody puts baby in a corner