The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post

To the OP --- Its too bad that the issue of riding in red coats didn't come up at the Joe clinic. Despite having ridden for the US for decades and winning 2 gold medals at the Olympics, Joe won't wear a red coat unless he is representing his country. He wears plain dark coats for all other classes.
    Aw, but he's ENTITLED TO! I have to say, if I earned a red coat (or hunt colors) I'd ALWAYS wear them. But again, only if I earned them (and impossibility for me, but I understand why someone who earns one is proud and wants to wear the coat).
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    Oh. My. God.

Crystals? zippered pockets ON THE CUFFS? To say nothing about having cuffs on a riding coat at all (but I just had to say it anyway).

And, whats with the clown gloves?

And why do I want to put both hands on the bottom of the coat and PULL it down another 3"?

I have no animus against Animo. But I hope they are not successful in making their garmets popular.

To the OP --- Its too bad that the issue of riding in red coats didn't come up at the Joe clinic. Despite having ridden for the US for decades and winning 2 gold medals at the Olympics, Joe won't wear a red coat unless he is representing his country. He wears plain dark coats for all other classes.
    They seem to be extremely popular in Europe. I been watching the Global Championship Series and The Gucci Cup and many of the riders are wearing all kinds of Amino coats in all different colors. I also noticed that some of the female riders where their hair in a pony tail, not up in their helmet and none wear hairnets. Amino sponsors many riders too. My daughter was given a navy blue Animo coat by a client and she looks great in it. It seems like fashions in Europe seem to make their way to the US and Canada and start becoming popular. If I was the OP, I would sell it on Ebay in the UK or another European site. Or keep it and wear it for fashion and see if it becomes popular here. You never know.

Animo was all over the shows up here this year........and my feeling: "for goodness sake even the skinny minnies (the only ones that actually fit into them) look like they were stuffed too tight in them". Blech.........jackets should flatter NOT make you look like you are being sliced up from them! They are also just way short.....they make my eyes bleed! And lets's not even get started on how expensive they are!

Hate.Them.With.A.Passion
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

6 members found this post helpful.

My prediction-- this is going to be like the "bling" trend. Remember that year when EVERYONE had to put rhinestones down the strip of their GPA, bling up their cell phone, and wear a Kippy belt. And then a year or so later nobody would be caught dead within 10 feet of a sparkle? Yeah. I think this is the resurgance of the need-for-bling. I hope, personally, it dies a quick death. Those jackets are UNFLATTERING.
    ~Veronica

2 members found this post helpful.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by LKenn View Post
    A red hunt coat in the jumper ring generally means a rider has represented their country in a nations cup or international competition. I do not believe it is a formal rule but it is a generally understood rule of thumb.
    Just to clarify, that rule applies to countries that use red jackets for such things. While I'm not sure a Dutch, Brazilian or French rider would wear red, it wouldn't mean they represented their country if they did.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    Just to clarify, that rule applies to countries that use red jackets for such things. While I'm not sure a Dutch, Brazilian or French rider would wear red, it wouldn't mean they represented their country if they did.
    I'm guessing the Dutch don't have the problem of riders overusing the orange jackets Some colours are wearable... and some..

Quote Originally Posted by Molly99 View Post
    Formal Attire. Black, blue, green, grey, scarlet or similar coats are permitted;
    white or fawn breeches; a white tie, choker or hunting stock, and a white or lightly
    colored shirt must be worn. Shirts must have a white collar and white cuffs.
    Members of the Armed Services or the police may wear the service dress uniform
    with protective headgear. (See General Rules, GR801.2)
    !
    I know this thread is about jumpers, but I remember way back when (70s, 80s) when red coats were fine in the Hunter Classics. Nobody wore shadbellies unless it was a really big show (indoors, etc), but red coats were 'in' for the big hunter classes. But then again, it was more like field hunters then.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroughbred1201 View Post
    I know this thread is about jumpers, but I remember way back when (70s, 80s) when red coats were fine in the Hunter Classics. Nobody wore shadbellies unless it was a really big show (indoors, etc), but red coats were 'in' for the big hunter classes. But then again, it was more like field hunters then.
    Red coats in a hunter classic would still be fine, if it were being worn by a hunt member who'd earned their colors.

I've got a red riding coat, bought as a sample sale for a ridiculous steal. I bought it with absolutely no intention of ever wearing it on my horse, except perhaps for a holiday picture. I have, however, worn it to work and to Christmas dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyPenny View Post

I love the colored coat trend, but for some reason, I do not like the pink... I think I'm a little more into subtler colors - dark purples, dark greens, etc. I dont know. That jacket looks good on her, but the pink... bleh

Quote Originally Posted by lrp1106 View Post
    I love the colored coat trend, but for some reason, I do not like the pink... I think I'm a little more into subtler colors - dark purples, dark greens, etc. I dont know. That jacket looks good on her, but the pink... bleh

I think it looks like she forgot her coat at home and all anyone had was a little kid's sweatshirt so they said "oh hell" and in she went. It is WAY too tight, way too short, and way too small. And she's a slim person. I don't understand WHO thinks this LOOKS GOOD? In what universe?!
    Last edited by vxf111; Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling
    ~Veronica

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    My prediction-- this is going to be like the "bling" trend. Remember that year when EVERYONE had to put rhinestones down the strip of their GPA, bling up their cell phone, and wear a Kippy belt. And then a year or so later nobody would be caught dead within 10 feet of a sparkle? Yeah. I think this is the resurgance of the need-for-bling. I hope, personally, it dies a quick death. Those jackets are UNFLATTERING.
    I've seen so many trends come and go over the years. This one will die too. On to the next!
    Nobody puts baby in a corner

1 members found this post helpful.

Animo jackets do not flatter fuller figured girls but, even so, those girls still like to try and stuff themselves into the jackets for some reason. I don't know about any of you but I wouldn't be caught dead in the show ring with a muffin top bulging through my riding jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyPenny View Post
    Well, it certainly is *pink.*

The advantage to that coat is that if it's a foggy day, the sun is setting, and visibility is poor, the judge will still be able to pick you out in the gloom.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    A And lets's not even get started on how expensive they are!
    If they were less expensive they wouldn't catch on at all...
    madeline
    * What you release is what you teach * Don't be distracted by unwanted behavior* Whoever waits the longest is the teacher. Van Hargis

the color is horrid, but agree the fit of these jackets makes them, well look cheap. it does not seem like they lay right?

There is a girl that wears a pink jacket it the pony jumpers. She also shows in th Child/Adult sometimes. At first it was something that made you look twice but honestly, she's neat and clean and not scary to watch so I don't even think about the color anymore.

How bad do the Animo coats look if you go up a size or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative1 View Post
    Animo jackets do not flatter fuller figured girls but, even so, those girls still like to try and stuff themselves into the jackets for some reason. I don't know about any of you but I wouldn't be caught dead in the show ring with a muffin top bulging through my riding jacket.
    They don't flatter anyone, to be honest. That girl in the pink coat is a very slim, pretty looking girl and she looks like the jacket will need to be surgically removed?!
    ~Veronica

Oh, it's Haley ! I can't believe the sponsors couldn't even spell her name right Yes, she is very slim and pretty.