The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Buying Voltaren from Canada

I've been purchasing Voltaren from Canada for use on my horses and on myself, I need to get a few more tubes but for some reason my favorite place to order from is no longer able to ship it to the US.

Does anyone have another trustworthy website?

I'm guessing your insurance doesn't cover the cost of the gel very well? Just wondering... can Voltaren be given to horses orally? The topical gel is ungodly expensive, but the tablets are on the $4 list. DH had a tube of gel given to him, and it worked well, but I finally got him to get to the doc for a script for the tabs and it takes care of more aches and pains than the gel.

I actually started buying it from Canada to use on my horse (same thing as Surpass) I tried it out on myself for a chronic focused pain issue and I think I've used it more on me then the horse! I like Alieve in people and bute in a horse for all over aches but I like the Voltaren because it's focused. It's available without a perscription in Canada.

well.ca is a reputable site and they say they ship to the United States. I use it all the time to send vitamins and cold meds directly to my son at university, and since they also have some "grocery" time items I can throw some suprises in his care package at the same time.

Edited to add: I love the stuff. Would not have survived my re-entry to riding without it this spring!
    Last edited by NorthwoodsRider; Dec. 9, 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: adding kudos for Voltaren

Well.ca is the site I order from and they are no longer able to ship it to the US.

Shoot! Sorry.

I would also love to know if there is a trusted Canadian supplier for Voltaren. I knew it was cheaper there, but after looking at the Well.ca site--holy cow! Sign me up for that!

I love this stuff, I brought back a bunch of tubes from France, (for 4 euros) there its called Tendol. They have Voltaren in England too. I had a friend bring me some home.

Ok, so I found this website (figured searching from within Canada might produce better results for you), but I have never dealt with this company. Website "looks" legit (as opposed to another I came up with that looked totally bogus). Now if it is a controlled substance in the US (ie a prescription is needed), they may have cracked down on all cross border shipments of it, regardless of supplier, but worth a try. http://www.pharmacymix.com/product.aspx?ProductID=4797&

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodsRider View Post
    Now if it is a controlled substance in the US (ie a prescription is needed), they may have cracked down on all cross border shipments of it, regardless of supplier, but worth a try. http://www.pharmacymix.com/product.aspx?ProductID=4797&
    It is controlled, and we have to get a prescription and pay $55 to $65 a tube to get an equivalent cream for our horses. And yes, the US has cracked down on cross-border shipments of prescription drugs - very good for the drug companies and very bad for all the old folks trying to get ahold of affordable drugs. But then, the old folks don't pay the pols nearly as much as the drug companies, so what do we expect?

If anybody finds a way to get ahold of Voltaren here in the states, I'd loooooove to know about it!

Liz

My husband's doctor prescribed it for him, and our insurance wouldn't cover it. The pharmacy wanted over $100 for a tube. I had purchased it from Canada before, so it's too bad they don't ship here any more.

oh man. I can't believe that, for once, Canada has something over the counter and cheaper than in the States. It sure does not happen very often... yes, the tubes are about mid-teens here (depending where you buy them) and shipping for 4 was about in the teens too IIRC.
    Maybe some Canadians going shopping in the US could take a few tubes and mail them from the US... If asked (which I really doubt), they can claim it is for their personal use...

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by prairiewind2 View Post
    It is controlled, and we have to get a prescription and pay $55 to $65 a tube to get an equivalent cream for our horses.
    Holy $*%t!!! It's like $15 bucks here for the biggest tube. I can't imagine I'd be using it as much as I do if I had to get a prescription and pay that much per tube, and that's just for me - I'm not even using it on horses.

1 members found this post helpful.

It's ridiculous here. It was prescribed by my doctor for tendonitis but my insurance company made us jump through major hoops to get it. Worked great though.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

When I started riding again at the ripe age of 50, the 100gm tube took up permanent residence in my purse. Use it for everything from achy keyboard hands during a 12 hour shift to the "bigger" sore muscles after trainer has decided we're doing an entire lesson at 1/2 seat!

1 members found this post helpful.

I love the stuff. Tried it for the first time last month on an arthritic finger and it was amazing. No pain or stiffness the next day, the tube only cost $12.99!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

Love it! Though I also love my lidocaine patches and gel more some days

I use the site feelbest.com to purchase my Voltaran. Once you get on their list you get almost monthly coupons for 15% off. If you purchase $100 of products shipping is free. They have some great sun screens that I have not seen in the US.

How about sharing one of those 15% off codes, Simbalism?

Simkie, the coupon code is SeasonsGreetings15 for December. The other thing I order from them is Methocarbamol(Robaxin). It is also over the counter and comes in a variety of doses and plain or mixed with Aspirin, Tylenol or Ibuprofen.