The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Saddle gurus - County Sensation

I'm on my second Stabilizer (new horse) and got a Sensation as a loaner when I needed a repair. I love the way I ride in the Sensation. My leg is way more stable and I don't get behind the motion.

What are the differences that I might be feeling? I want to understand more about what works for me.

PS. Horse isn't shark finned TB that Sensation is designed for -- med tree WB.

I rode in a Sensation today and loved the feel but it was too small for me. The County rep said I would need a larger seat size, more forward and longer flap. Was quite comfy though for the few minutes I rode in it. My horse moved as well as in the Stabilizer.

Rode in the Sensation while she was working on my MN Stabilizer which I love. My horse does have withers but is not shark finned TB - he is a TB/WB cross but built more like a WB than a TB - and the Sensatioin fit him well although if I get a new saddle would probably get a MN versus the M that I tried.

It is fun trying the new saddles as when I got my Stabilizer years ago there was no Sensation and no Innovation!

I do not know the difference between the Stabilizer and the other saddles. However, my rep, said the difference between the Innovation and the Sensation is the panel and the leather. Basically for the rider they are the same saddle.