The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Propspony - pics of the Rastafarian for you

You wanted to see a picture of the fjord/percheron cross. I don't know if this will work or not (being a relative ludite who is lucky to know how to turn on the computer) but here is a link to my pics of him on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8215349&type=3 He's the dun. These were taken 2 years ago when he was 5 - he has grown at least another 2 inches in height. He is deeper and wider now and appears to be in another growth spurt. As a result he is no longer as long backed as he was then. He's a very tolerant boy and he usually tries his best for me.

1 members found this post helpful.

He's cute! And I love that old wooden barn in the background of a few of the shots.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)
    Autumn Caper (April 27, 1989 - May 24, 2015)

He's adorable! Do want!
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Oh. My. Goodness. He is ADORABLE! He looks like a total blast to ride!!!

How big is he? He definitely got the best of both worlds. (even if I am a little disappointed in the lack of rasta hair and beeding.) ;-)
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

Quote Originally Posted by propspony View Post
    Oh. My. Goodness. He is ADORABLE! He looks like a total blast to ride!!!

How big is he? He definitely got the best of both worlds. (even if I am a little disappointed in the lack of rasta hair and beeding.) ;-)
    He is a blast to ride. He's pretty unflappable. Usually if something worries him he just stops and looks at it. He's game to go over little jumps and he's pretty good on the trails, although we have done very little trail riding.
    At the time of those pictures he was just over 14'3", last time I put a stick on him he was just under 15'2" and he seems to be going through another growth spurt. (Sigh, I really wanted him to stay just above pony size.) Some days his draftiness really comes through when he just walks over me. That doesn't happen with me anymore - I've learned to be very firm in setting limits - but if someone he doesn't know is handling him he will test them until they put him in his place.
    And as far as the beads are concerned - I keep telling my trainer that someday I will ride him in a dressage freestyle test. We will use the music, Jammin' in the Name of the Lord, and he will wear beads!

He's a cutie!

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Wow, he looks a lot bigger than that in those pics! Must be all that "stage presence!" ;-)

Loff him. :-)
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....