The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default RWR Hairnet

I was never one to wear a hair net on a daily basis but a friend got me one of the Real Women Ride (RWR) no knot hair nets for my birthday and I use it every ride. Love it. They come in a variety of colors and I think they would be a great gift as I love mine. Cost about $10 each and available either on line or a many tack stores. You could combine with a pair of wild socks or something if you want to spend a bit more.

1 members found this post helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/Engraved-iPhon...unkwerkz+horse

I got one of these for myself. It's a great price, and they come in a bunch of different colors and you get 25 letters per line, and 2 lines. You could do the horse's show name and the person's name on it. They had awesome customer service... I ordered it on a Friday afternoon, and I received it in the mail on Monday. The company is Custom Laser Engraving and I think the majority of their reviews are very positive.
    Last edited by AlterHalter123; Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by norcalammie View Post
    I was never one to wear a hair net on a daily basis but a friend got me one of the Real Women Ride (RWR) no knot hair nets for my birthday and I use it every ride. Love it. They come in a variety of colors and I think they would be a great gift as I love mine. Cost about $10 each and available either on line or a many tack stores. You could combine with a pair of wild socks or something if you want to spend a bit more.
    I love these too!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

http://www.vistaprint.com/personaliz...ts&xnav=TopNav

Vistaprint has alot of great stuff to personalize.

One knot hairnets, boot socks and new this year from Bit of Britian, a pair of boot zipper pulls! All of these things are under $10 and useful.

I use Vista Print for work all the time and they are great. Plenty of printable products there to choose from.

One year our trainer gave us small buckets with a couple different kinds of horse treats. Buckets are always useful (ours became a travel bath bucket, since it fit in my trunk and held all our shampoo and such) and you can never have enough horse treats. I liked letting my horse 'taste test' all the varieties without having to pay for a whole package (picky eater!) It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive to be appreciated.

Boot socks, gloves, and other winter items would be nice. A barn friend who rode my horse while she was horseless gave me a cute hat and mitten set she had crocheted herself - in my favorite colors, too. I loved that, it was sweet of her and so thoughtful that she even knew what colors I like best.

Another thing I really enjoyed was when a trainer gave us all 'year end awards' with a little note about something we had achieved that year. The actual gift was a little jumping horse ornament (which I still have!) but she made up nice certificates with our 'award' and hand wrote a little note about whatever it was. Mine was for getting my confidence back after a rough year. That was over 15 years ago and I still remember it, so I'd say that was a great gift that only cost a small amount, but was very thoughtful and personal.

2 members found this post helpful.

Ok, did this one year. Go to Micheals, they have these huge glass globe ornaments. Buy however many. Then take non toxic acrylic paint, smear on tip of favorite equine lips, no it wont hurt them and wipes right off with water. Let dry. Inside put a pic of animal, paint outside with date, name of creature! Works with dogs and cats on paws. Never given one yet, they dont gush over.
    May the sun shine on you daily, and your worries be gone with the wind.
    www.mmceventing.com

Cactus Cloth.

It's like getting a non-sex sex toy guaranteed to make the horse and rider relationship better. About Six Bucks and it will last forever. Also, it makes the adult ammy look like an old skooler who knows what she's doing.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

3 members found this post helpful.

I love the barn logo travel mug idea!

Quote Originally Posted by ElisLove View Post
    Haha, I got a bad rating for saying some people don't drink? It's true, some people don't. I don't drink even though I am an adult and when I get wine I have to just pass it off to a friend I know that drinks. Majority of my family doesn't drink (and none of them drink wine) so it can't even be used by my family.
    Agreed. My parents don't drink and I remember one year for christmas my dad got a bottle of wine from a coworker. It sat in our fridge for weeks until they threw it away b/c my grandmother was coming in town and they didn't want her to see it and think the wrong thing

But I personally love custom things--nameplates, cute framed photo, monogrammed baby pads, helmet bags, etc. Though the winter care kit is an adorable idea too! One can never have too many hand warmers!

It's like getting a non-sex sex toy guaranteed to make the horse and rider relationship better. About Six Bucks and it will last forever. Also, it makes the adult ammy look like an old skooler who knows what she's doing.

I never mind getting wine, even though I'm much more of a white drinker and everyone always gifts red. Mostly because it makes an extremely convenient regift for me - it's always nice to have a good bottle to bring somewhere, especially during the holidays.

But socks, gloves, anything warm is always nice. Those little heat packets. One year ETBW gave me a pair of alpaca socks that were just to die for.
    ---
    They're small hearts.

Treats, socks, personalized lead ropes (or anything personalized really), barn logo stuff, Starbucks gift cards, wine, etc. Lots of options!

Ideas:
    Saddle pad in barn colors
    Leather conditioner
    Big tub of treats
    Winter gloves
    Spurs
    Personalized mug (stole this idea :-))
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

at work and the barn...middle of nowhere PA

Quote Originally Posted by Individualblue07 View Post
    [edit][/URL]
    Oh! A girl that used to ride my horse gave me a frame like that with a pic of me and the horse one year, and I love it!
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Dec. 11, 2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: quote of deleted post

ok, im interested now... what in the world is a Cactus Cloth!?!?!

The frames are cute... and HOLY EXPENSIVE!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Cactus cloth is a rough burlap-y piece of cloth that you can fold over and roll up and use to rub down a horse. It's a simple old-fashioned grooming tool, but they really are great. When I take off the bridle, I hold up the cactus cloth and my horse rubs his face all over it, making sighs and snuffles... then I use it to rub the rest of him down and to rub 50/50 into his legs. Good for circulation and massaging muscles, and also for getting up dirt and bringing out a nice shine. Love mine.

REALLY REALLY wish they made those for my phone! Those are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by AlterHalter123 View Post

I got one of these for myself. It's a great price, and they come in a bunch of different colors and you get 25 letters per line, and 2 lines. You could do the horse's show name and the person's name on it. They had awesome customer service... I ordered it on a Friday afternoon, and I received it in the mail on Monday. The company is Custom Laser Engraving and I think the majority of their reviews are very positive.
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"

Default Update on purchase!

So since my mom doesnt have the spare time to gift-shop, I did it for her. She has three VERY different adult students and this is what I got for each individual....

Very beginner but fun and social lady - Pewter Horse Head Wine Bottle Stopper

One that just purchased her FIRST horse! - Key fob with her new horsies name on it

One that has gotten her kids into riding - Framed picture of her and her son and and daughter with the lesson horse she rides.

Hope they like the gifts.... as for all of the above suggestions... they are great and will keep them in mind for next year
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterHalter123 View Post

Cute... if you have an iPhone. And useless if you don't