The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Scribe needed: Ocala Int'l HT, 4/13

I will be apprentice judging at the Ocala Horse Properties Int'l Event & HT over the weekend of April 13 and 14. I am looking to find a scribe for a couple hours of tests on 4/13. I can promise that it won't be a full day-- maybe just a division, maybe two, unless you're having so much fun with me, you'd like to stay.

You don't need any scribing experience, although having a bit of background and/or being comfortable with the tests (N - P) would be wonderful. It'll be a fun learning experience, you'll get to see some lovely horse/rider pairs, and you're contributing to enhancing the future of a learner judge. I'll supply/find many yummy treats and coffee for us.

I can't find the link on the USEA website, but there is a YEH seminar on Saturday night (4/13) taught by Marilyn Payne (my mentor for the weekend). She will be covering the judging of the jumping phases, what is ideal, why the judging is the way it is, etc. It will be incredible to hear her speak about the program, so hopefully you'll like to come. I'll buy your ticket if you'd like to attend.

Many thanks in advance!

Oh, sorry, I would....but I'm announcing that day. I will put on my thinking cap!

1 members found this post helpful.

Karen Edwards is an accomplished scribe and lives in the Ocala area. PM me if you want her email address. I have used her often to scribe CDI's for Wellington Dressage.

I would offer to help, but I am riding in the YEH 4 year old test and my pony is entered with Lauren in the 1*.
    Beth Davidson
    Black Dog Farm Connemaras & Sport Horses
    http://blackdogconnemara.com
    visit my blog: http://ponyeventer.blogspot.com

I would love to try to help you out but I don't feel I am qualified, but hoping bumping this up will help you out. I am not a "dressage person" but a retired hunter princess.

Thank you so much for responding! FlightCheck, are you announcing at Ocala? (You can tell I'm slightly out of the loop. )

Beth, I'll PM you now, it'd be great to discuss with her. I'm so excited you're doing the YEH class-- thank you for supporting the program! Now can I convince you to come to the YEH at Carolina Horse Park in September?

bizbach, you are certainly more than qualified, as you know horses, and can write Truly. Actually, you may be interested in seeing how the dressage judging is done, and the similarities between correct riding across the disciplines (i.e., I reward forward, straight, balanced, and connected. Not much discipline distinction.) I'll PM you now.

OK. I showed the YEH horse last year in the FEH, so I try to help support the program
    Beth Davidson
    Black Dog Farm Connemaras & Sport Horses
    http://blackdogconnemara.com
    visit my blog: http://ponyeventer.blogspot.com

would love to help - but from Ontario - its a bit of a hike!