The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horze Nest Combi Bandages / thoughts?

These:

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Nest-Comb...,en_US,pd.html

I guess they are a new spin on regular polo wraps? Does anyone have any experience with these?
    Footnote
    Miss Money Penny
    Fuerst Class
    Monroe

I have some but they are not this brand. I got them years ago, back when Eisers was still in business. I really like them. They're nice because the elastic outside gives a cleaner appearance in general and also stays much cleaner. I can't speak to their level of support but just guessing that the elastic would provide a little more than just fleece.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    ~Mahatma Gandhi

I have them. I like them. They are holding up well, and not very bulky. They are thin fleece with a stretchy Ace type bandage material on the outside. They are very supportive almost too supportive if you wrap them too tight. The fleece is alot like the economy Dover polo wraps (the $9 ones) so if you're looking for fluffy, these are not them. But, I have a horse with slender legs so fluffy polo wraps make her look like a marshmallow. So, they are good for my purpose.

I also have the SmartPak version which I like better but are 2x the price. Although both sets have held up well with about 6 months of use and washing.

One, horses are too heavy for any piece of elastic and fleece to provide ANY kind of support to tendons and ligaments. Mainly they are for protection against knocking/abrasion injuries, like from hitting a pole, interfering with themselves, or brush/sticks (or polo mallets!).

Two, does it bother anyone else that the wrap on that horses left leg is wrapped backwards?

^^ It's Finland. Don't they have to adjust direction of wrap for being so close to magnetic north?

2 members found this post helpful.

^^snort!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky213 View Post
    I have them. I like them. They are holding up well, and not very bulky. They are thin fleece with a stretchy Ace type bandage material on the outside. They are very supportive almost too supportive if you wrap them too tight. The fleece is alot like the economy Dover polo wraps (the $9 ones) so if you're looking for fluffy, these are not them. But, I have a horse with slender legs so fluffy polo wraps make her look like a marshmallow. So, they are good for my purpose.
    agree 100%. I like mine very much too, they work for my needs, which is basically safe fly protection for my driving horse. I like how slim they are, my wrapping suddenly looks so neat and tidy and my pony does't look like he has huge growths on his legs.
    Worry is the biggest enemy of the present. It steals your joy and keeps you very busy doing absolutely nothing at all... it’s like using your imagination to create things you don’t want.

I don't use polos, but if I did I guess I would sort of like that these have an outer surface that's not as likely to pick up bits of stuff.

Re: wrapping "backwards"--pfft. Superstition and tribal custom. I do it that way because it's a habit, but it's nothing more than that. Nothing bad happens if wraps are put on the other way. Perhaps in Europe they are sufficiently enlightened (and have not been exposed to US racetrack dogma) to have moved beyond this ancient unsupported bit of nonsense.
    Click here before you buy.

Don't like them. It's too easy to over-pull and cause a bandage bow.