The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default Buenos Aires Nations Cup this year

There is a write up in the current COTH. I found it rather interesting that only three nations fielded teams. The Argentines had two, the US had one, and IIRC the Canadians were the other.

The Brazilians who are next door and will be hosting the next Olympics, didn't bother to send a team. Not sure why this distresses me , but it does. Of course it's really none of my business, but it just seems that they could have made the effort to support horse sports in South America.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

That particular show is SO freakin expensive, not funded, hard to get to (and back from) and not that "real" in terms of competition/ height.

There is a reason so many of our riders (and I'm including Canadians) use that as their first Nations Cup experience. The teams that go are usually rich ammies, using BA as a stepping stone to the "real" classes/ teams.

It definitely serves it's purpose but anyone looking like a hopeful for the Rio games has already outgrown BA.
    When the boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks the closet for George Morris. -mpsbarnmanager