The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Angry Dublin paddock boots contact?

I bought Dublin paddock boots 6 months ago and the heel is collapsing on one boot.

I barely use these and find it ridiculous that they are already broken.

Does anyone know how to contact them? There is no number on the website and I contacted State line tack and the only contact they could give me was weatherbeeta site that they supposedly buy the boots from!

I can't wear Ariat and these boots fit well, but if they can't last 6 months with light use, I want a refund or new boots!

Arrggghhh!

City of delusion in the state of total denial

No information, I'm afraid, but as I'm in the market for new paddocks and was considering Dublins... which model were these? This is concerning.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Hello
    I'd recommend bringing the boots back to the store you purchased them from. Weatherbeeta is the distributer of Dublin Boots, however they prefer not work with the end user, but instead with the Tack Store they were purchased in. Good luck & hope your boots get replaced quickly.

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes, contact the company you bought them from Weatherbeeta will just refer you to them, and won't help you.

Which ones were they? I have always used the Dublin Advance paddock boots and beat the snot out of them. All of them have always held up for years of abuse. My first pair lasted for 3 years of 6-7 days a week wear until I ripped out one of the zippers playing polo in them. Totally not the boots' fault.

I bought 3 more pairs and have had 2 of them since about 2006. I don't wear them daily anymore, but I do wear them a lot for chores and whatnot. I don't take particularly good care of them. The 3rd pair I wore the soles off of when I was driving a carriage in a downtown setting. Walking around on concrete for 3 years wore out the soles on those. Again, not really what the boots were designed for, so fair enough.

The two pairs I use as they're intended have held up fine though.

I also have two pairs of Dublin's dress boots (the Aristocrat) that I abuse the heck out of foxhunting in and they have held up beautifully as well.

I would definitely contact the store you got them from and see if you can't get the boots replaced. IME, that is not normal for Dublin's boots.

Samotis is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

I love the boots, I am hoping it was just a bad pair.

They fit great.

They were the RCS paddock boot.

I bought them online from state line tack.

Because I bought them six months ago, the guy I talked to basically wouldn't help me.

I got contact info for Dublin, so we will see what they say when they contact me.

I'm shocked. My Dublins are at least 10 years old and just now need resoled. OK, technically they should have been resoled in the spring, I just haven't gotten around to it. I wore the crap out of them.

Wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair, and they are the brand I always recommend.

Hope you just happened to get a bad pair and can get them replaced.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Samotis is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Could the person that is in contact with a Dublin rep pm me?

State line sent the new boots and within 2 months the heel actually cracked and it is hollow inside!

So now I have no useable boots!

Very weird. My Dublin paddock boots have held up for almost nine years, since I started to ride consistently basically! They have held up to a lot of wear and tear!
    "One reason why horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other horses."
    "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

My Dublins (2 pairs) have done the same. Yes, they have that waffle pattern in the heel, making them collapse at times. I am tough oni e so I figured it was the price I pay (literally) for saving a buck. Keep us posted, it is frustrating.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywell Bay View Post
    My Dublins (2 pairs) have done the same. Yes, they have that waffle pattern in the heel, making them collapse at times. I am tough oni e so I figured it was the price I pay (literally) for saving a buck. Keep us posted, it is frustrating.
    Given the description of the "foam heel" I suspect this will be an issue with these particular boots - they likely do fine with once a week riders, especially lighter riders (I hesitate to include this but physics dictates that mass affects force & I suspect the foam is "collapsing" from pressure, rather than crumbling due to chemical instability; e.g., if the company uses the same components in both adult & child RCS boots, foam collapse would be more likely in the adult boots).

Have you looked into having them resoled by a local cobbler.

(A local shop sells them but warns that they are an entry level boot meant for the weekly lesson rider that is only wearing them for riding ... )

Alto- my fat ass collapsed the heel. you can say it! (Just kidding). I did not resole them because I beat them up ( 25 acres, stone driveway, lots of stalls AND riding).
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywell Bay View Post
    Alto- my fat ass collapsed the heel. you can say it! (Just kidding). I did not resole them because I beat them up ( 25 acres, stone driveway, lots of stalls AND riding).
    thanks for the great laugh