The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ocala questions

A friend and I are looking into going to Ocala for a week or two this winter. We have a barn to stay at but does anyone know what the daily ship in cost is? Also does anyone know of any trainers who are going down and willing to just get paid to do some schooling & their prices? Our trainer probably won't be able to make it down since we are the only two going. Also any good hotel recommendations?

Thanks!

You should be able to find show/hotel info here:

www.hitsshows.com

If you could provide some more info on you/your horses/divisions you want to do it would help us as far as trainer referrals are concerned.

Good luck! Ocala is tons of fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by EquineImagined View Post
    My subconscious is a wretched insufferable beotch.

PM sent
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

Yay for Ocala! Depending on what your showing in, I'm sure there won't be too much of a problem finding a trainer to help you out while your down.

Good luck! Hopefully I'll see you guys if you head over to hunter land

We're over in jumper land. in the 2'6-2'9 & the 3'3-3'6" classes.

As of last year it was a $25.00 ship in fee, paid once a week when showing. Otherwise you can just trailer in and use the regular schooling rings without a charge. If you want to do a ticketed schooling, you can buy a single ticket or book of 10 tickets at the office. I can't remember what it cost.

Emil Spadone/Redfield Farm has a bunch of young riders/trainers that can help you if he himself doesn't have time.

Also you can call Bibby Farmer-Hill and see if she is available.

Never been to Ocala for HITS but so jealous!

You might want to see if your trainer can help find you someone to ride with while there or make suggestions on trainers at Ocala...

Have fun!!!

Stay at the Holiday Inn Conference center its about 30-40 min away but all the hotels around are crap! Ive gone twice!

Xbittersweet you have a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EquineImagined View Post
    My subconscious is a wretched insufferable beotch.

I stay at the Comfort Suites, which is the closest to the show and pretty cheap. It is a very nice place to stay, and convenient!!

Quote Originally Posted by llsc View Post
    As of last year it was a $25.00 ship in fee, paid once a week when showing. Otherwise you can just trailer in and use the regular schooling rings without a charge. If you want to do a ticketed schooling, you can buy a single ticket or book of 10 tickets at the office. I can't remember what it cost.

Emil Spadone/Redfield Farm has a bunch of young riders/trainers that can help you if he himself doesn't have time.

Also you can call Bibby Farmer-Hill and see if she is available.
    My show bills must have missed the memo!! I never was charged for a ship in, and I definitely don't stay on property; my farm is less than 7 minutes down the road and my trainer's is 10! Hopefully we'll have the same streak this year
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

Default Ocala

we are talking about going, I ride with Kim Guessford. As of now we will be shipping our own horses. I will be shipping out of Cream Ridge, we have a group out of Colts Neck and lastly Pittstown. we have a hunters, Eq and a jumper

PM if you would like more details