The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Stolen Saddles Judy's Tack Shop

Found this as I was doing research which concerns me greatly.

http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/j...recovered.aspx

We looked at saddles in Ocala and were thinking of purchasing one in Brownland next week. I am concerned about doing business with this woman after I was told about what happened.

Anyone know if there is another tack shop with good used saddles we could get for my daughter that would be in Nashville or Atlanta
    Last edited by runninhigh; Dec. 14, 2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: update
    I make Money, My horses eat it

I just bought an Antares from her a few months ago!!

The CWD rep at brownland is really nice! She does events too...she saw me at brownland and then a couple weeks later at a horse trials in GA on another horse and did a double take. I haven't bought any saddles from her but I love my CWD.

The lady behind this was hauled out of her trailer in hand cuffs a few shows back, she is out on bail but she is not allowed on any horse show grounds.

"Pat the horse; kick yourself" - Carl Hester

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico View Post
    The lady behind this was hauled out of her trailer in hand cuffs a few shows back, she is out on bail but she is not allowed on any horse show grounds.
    Evidently, her trailer is. It was just at HITS Culpeper. I wouldn't think TS would want her trailer anywhere near his shows after what happened in Ocala. Oh well...I'll never shop there again.
    Honey badger don't give a sh!t.

Default YIKES !

YIKES !
    Hope she is 'locked' up for a long time ~
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

There have now been 2 of the stolen Antares found to be sold thru Judy's tack shop.

"There has now been another of the stolen saddles recovered. Judy of Judy's Tack, sold a customer a stolen saddle at Brownland Farm Horse Show, last spring. The saddles that were stolen while she was at Ocala/Hits, are starting to turn up. If you have a question about goods you purchased from Judy, or purchased an Antarres Saddle, from her, YOU ARE NOT in trouble, but she is. Call Detective Greg Spates 352-402-6092 for further info. "

Please don't think I have 'sour grapes' for this situation.....I had a UPS box stolen at HITS last year (as did other vendors). It has taken over a year to even slightly get this situation resolved.

If you purchased a saddle that has a serial number on it, I would contact the company that made the saddle to see if they have an history on how / where it was sold.

And PLEASE contact the Ocala police if you have ANY questions!

BTW -- all of this is public information. Nothing I have typed here is hersay. I have been directly involved with the police for the last year trying to find my stolen merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by shedllybip View Post
    There have now been 2 of the stolen Antares found to be sold thru Judy's tack shop.

"There has now been another of the stolen saddles recovered. Judy of Judy's Tack, sold a customer a stolen saddle at Brownland Farm Horse Show, last spring. The saddles that were stolen while she was at Ocala/Hits, are starting to turn up. If you have a question about goods you purchased from Judy, or purchased an Antarres Saddle, from her, YOU ARE NOT in trouble, but she is. Call Detective Greg Spates 352-402-6092 for further info. "

Please don't think I have 'sour grapes' for this situation.....I had a UPS box stolen at HITS last year (as did other vendors). It has taken over a year to even slightly get this situation resolved.

If you purchased a saddle that has a serial number on it, I would contact the company that made the saddle to see if they have an history on how / where it was sold.

And PLEASE contact the Ocala police if you have ANY questions!

BTW -- all of this is public information. Nothing I have typed here is hersay. I have been directly involved with the police for the last year trying to find my stolen merchandise.
    Hopefullly, the stolen merchandise didn't include Grand Prix coats. I bought one from her in Ocala before I knew any of this was going on.
    Honey badger don't give a sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by fatappy View Post
    I just bought an Antares from her a few months ago!!

I hope you contact the correct authorities to check to make sure it wasn't one of the stolen saddles!
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by justdandy View Post
    Hopefullly, the stolen merchandise didn't include Grand Prix coats. I bought one from her in Ocala before I knew any of this was going on.

I don't think those were stolen - in Ocala. I can't speak for any other shows.

I 'lost' a box of Essex riding shirts - $3500 retail value. Another vendor 'lost' a box of RJ riding coats - $7500 retail value

Were your UPS boxes lost in Ocala?
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico View Post
    She was running her store at Brownland farms this weekend
    Never Forget

Wow! I had no idea this was going on. I never cared for Judy's. Always a bad vibe for me. And they never gave me the time of day. I now happily shop at the Franklin Horse which is in the Franklin Kubota dealer. Nice folks.

Quote Originally Posted by runninhigh View Post

Anyone know if there is another tack shop with good used saddles we could get for my daughter that would be in Nashville or Atlanta
    if you contact The Farmhouse in advance and let them know what you are looking for, they can make sure to have some of the used saddles they have in stock with them at the next Conyers.

The Tack Room in Camden, SC has a lot of used saddles for sale. Good luck! I didn't know any of this was going on either..........

Default I bought a Butet from Judy around 2004

Judy's seems to play a little fast and loose with saddles IME. When I ordered mine, they kept sending me the wrong saddle. I ordered a 17 with a #1 flap and they sent me a 17 with a #2, then a 16 with a #1, and then some saddle that should have gone to a guy in Maryland. I had to ship it to him myself (although I made them pay for shipping). I finally ended up with a 16 with a #2 flap, which isn't what I ordered but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by reay6790 View Post
    The CWD rep at brownland is really nice! She does events too...she saw me at brownland and then a couple weeks later at a horse trials in GA on another horse and did a double take. I haven't bought any saddles from her but I love my CWD.
    Great, thanks I've heard great things about CWD
    I make Money, My horses eat it

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    Wow! I had no idea this was going on. I never cared for Judy's. Always a bad vibe for me.
    Ditto!

Boxes for vendors and exhibitors have been stolen for years - they are usually dropped off at a center location which has no security.
    The packages are supposedly picked up by the people expecting them. Equipment, tack shop deliveries and Med shipments are among the favorites that your fellow exhibitors, vendors and grooms steal.
    Make sure any packages you have sent to a show are insured for full vallue.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.

Wow. Hasn't Judy's been around for >20 years at least? I remember seeing them at shows back in the early '90's at least. Always seemed to be so successful. Won- der how long this has been going on...
    "I never met a man I didn't like who liked horses." Will Rogers