The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for used Beval Butet...Help!!

I am looking for a used Beval Butet for my daughter, seat size 13 inches to 14.5 inches, short flap. Beval's used store had one out on trial but it was just purchased yesterday. Anyone have any suggestions or leads? They are next to impossible to find!

Quote Originally Posted by BWW View Post
    I am looking for a used Beval Butet for my daughter, seat size 13 inches to 14.5 inches, short flap. Beval's used store had one out on trial but it was just purchased yesterday. Anyone have any suggestions or leads? They are next to impossible to find!
    In those sizes you aren't looking for a Butet, you are looking for the Beval Junior, an excellent choice for young riders. I've sent you a PM with an idea about where to find one.

ETA: well, maybe you ARE looking for a Butet in mini-me sizes...Personally, I'd go with the Beval Jr!
    Last edited by M. O'Connor; Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM.

I have one, please PM me! Butet BB2 Pony

EDIT: My bad, this site has a Beval BB2 but it's actually 14.75". They do have a 14" Beval Junior, which is not the same thing. It's on trial already. You could call and ask to be put on the waiting list.
    http://www.danforthfineusedsaddles.c...ns-saddles.php
    Last edited by jn4jenny; Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Also going to through in that if you can afford it, Antares does young rider program where the riders get a new saddle each year they need it for a very very discounted price until they're 18. I can't remember what exactly the specs are, but apparently it's useful.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrider23 View Post
    Also going to through in that if you can afford it, Antares does young rider program where the riders get a new saddle each year they need it for a very very discounted price until they're 18. I can't remember what exactly the specs are, but apparently it's useful.
    Yes, you buy a custom saddle the first year, and then every year after that you get a new saddle for $500 (provided you get a new saddle every year and turn in the old one)

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by M. O'Connor View Post
    In those sizes you aren't looking for a Butet, you are looking for the Beval Junior, an excellent choice for young riders. I've sent you a PM with an idea about where to find one.
    Normally this poster knows her facts, but Butets do come in the sizes the OP is looking to buy. I sold one earlier this year - 14.5 inch Butet.
    Last edited by STA; Dec. 9, 2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    http://STA551.com
    845-363-1875

Quote Originally Posted by STA View Post
    Normally this posted knows her facts, but Butets do come in the sizes the OP is looking to buy. I sold one earlier this year - 14.5 inch Butet.
    I realize that Butets come in small sizes...probably because Beval Juniors keep flying out the door faster than Bevels can have them made!

Take your pick, but the BvJr's are scarce as hen's teeth for a reason!

I think Devoucoux also has a young rider policy, and they make the very tiny almost toddler size saddles as well.

Default Antares are great...

I think the smallest they make is 15 seat. Anyone seen smaller? My daughter is 4 1/2, and she needs to be in something in the 13-14.5 range, likely towards the lower end of that range, with a short (very short) flap....

Devoucoux is also a great saddle....we have a used one on trial right now that is a really good deal but it is 15.5...would be a much better fit if it were in the 13-14range....

honestly for that size child, you are really best served going with a Pessoa Pony or one of the Bevals for tiny ones...

Apologies to the OP for the snakehand ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayaty02 View Post
    Yes, you buy a custom saddle the first year, and then every year after that you get a new saddle for $500 (provided you get a new saddle every year and turn in the old one)
    Which saddle did you end up going with for your pony/kid???
    (I've been curious )

Have several options thanks to the posters on this forum....the seat size is good in all of them, the flap is what the various owners are measuring now...I found more on this board with my post than in several days of Internet searching....

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Apologies to the OP for the snakehand ...

Which saddle did you end up going with for your pony/kid???
    (I've been curious )
    Its still an ongoing battle we have a wool flocked Frank Baines but it is not perfect yet, still working to adjust it. Oh and I sold our Antares, but bought it back lol... it doesn't fit our pony, but it fits everything else and the kid!

I've been curious to try the Butets on our pony because they run more narrow, but I can't find a 15 - 16 Butet in a short enough flap. Anyone know of any? she rides in a 0 or 1 flap Antares and Devoucoux.

Quote Originally Posted by BWW View Post
    Have several options thanks to the posters on this forum....the seat size is good in all of them, the flap is what the various owners are measuring now...I found more on this board with my post than in several days of Internet searching....
    Good luck!

there is a 15 in short flap Antares at Farmhouse Tack. They run somewhat small... my daughter is a 15.5 in most saddles and fits her 16 Antares perfectly. Might be worth a try.

Sent you a PM.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mayaty02 View Post
    honestly for that size child, you are really best served going with a Pessoa Pony or one of the Bevals for tiny ones...
    Actually for that size child, anyone might be 'best' served (including the child) by going with any of the old 'antique' flat saddles that are hanging around many consignment shops and tossed up on the top racks of tack rooms. There are many wonderful riders among those who started without the 'help' of knee rolls.

The best part is that their current prices for kid versions are between $2-300

Still rides in a flat as a pancake saddle:

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rent=8752b.jpg

Mayaty02 sent you a PM!

OP- Try Rachel at Iselltack.com! Let her know what you're looking for, she's great!