The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it just par for the course to wait forEVER for horseloverz.com orders???

Damn them and their cheap prices!

I succumbed to their Cyber Week sale and ordered a few things to fill some baskets for horsie friends for Christmas, and a couple small things for myself. #1 BEING THE AWESOME CACTUS CLOTH TOWEL EVERYONE IS RAVING ABOUT!!!! Plus I found a coupon code that pretty much covered my shipping.

I ordered it on 11/27. Still has not shipped. Sure, its only been a week, but the place is an hour away from me, and almost every item said "ships within 1 day".

I spoke to customer service (online chatted, actually) and they said they were waiting for a shipment from a remote facility and that was the hangup.

I'm about to just say "ship what you have" because its getting a bit frustrating.

I guess Smartpak and Amazon have REALLY spoiled me in this department.

I haven't ordered from them in years, is this their usual M.O.?

I think it must be some kind of unusual holdup because everything I've ordered from them has gotten here in a nano-second it seems. They've always been great.

Maybe they had a ton of orders from the cyber-sales which could have slowed things down a bit. I was *good* - didn't even go on the site so wasn't tempted to order anything!

1 members found this post helpful.

I ordered the same day and I got an email saying is was going to ship a couple days ago and they will send the tracking number. Still no tracking number yet. Idk. Usually they are not this slow. I think they probably had a lot of orders come in that week and they are struggling to get them all out.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

I ordered from them last week and it shipped in a couple days. I had it within the week.

I've also had good luck with them...I ordered on Black Friday and while it was a little slower getting here than usual, wasnt too bad!

I ordered from them on Black Friday. I still have not received my order.

The first time that I made an order back in August, they were quite prompt in getting it to me. I guess that they got too many holiday orders at once?
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

I ordered from them on black friday too, came within 7 days. Minus the flash noseband I REALLY wanted (after I paid for it and it shipped, they emailed me and said they were out of stock booo).

I ordered from non-horse stores the same week (11/26 week) and the vendors, who usually ship FAST, have been very slow. Got one package yesterday; am still waiting on two others; the last two are from the same vendor shipped in two packages for "faster" shipping ... yep, haven't gotten either one yet. :-/

When I've ordered from Horseloverz, I've gotten my order fast, usually w/in a week. So maybe it was the post Black Friday/Cyber Monday crush.

I had a conversation with someone who works there, who is a regular poster on this board, btw, and she said they operate entirely "just in time." Nothing actually in stock, when they get an order they place an order with their supplier. So if the supplier is hung up, they are hung up, if that makes sense.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 4cornersfarm View Post
    I had a conversation with someone who works there, who is a regular poster on this board, btw, and she said they operate entirely "just in time." Nothing actually in stock, when they get an order they place an order with their supplier. So if the supplier is hung up, they are hung up, if that makes sense.
    Great for them...they don't have to carry an inventory. Sucks for customers who order thinking the item will fly straight to them.
    be nice if they put that on their ordering info stuff is ordered as needed. Adams Horse & Pet does that online..a bit of honesty goes a long way.
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

You have to read the shipping times on all the items, and IME, the longest one is when it will ship. I ordered a few things a couple months ago and while most said they shipped within 1 day, one item said 5-7 days, and it shipped 7 days after I placed the order. So if you had 1 item that said 7-10 days or something, it will all ship when that last item is ready. Once it shipped it was here within a couple of days.

Well after I posted my order showed up except for the 2 dressage whips which are shipped separately they said after i called.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Quote Originally Posted by 4cornersfarm View Post
    Then what is in the giant warehouse behind the retail store?

Bad customer service has always been par for the course with them IMHO. Somtimes slow shipping (I'm in the same state!) sometimes misrepresented items, sometimes the wrong item sent, sometimes the item is *out of stock*, sometimes the website is wrong... ALWAYS rude people on the phone.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by macmtn View Post
    Great for them...they don't have to carry an inventory. Sucks for customers who order thinking the item will fly straight to them.
    be nice if they put that on their ordering info stuff is ordered as needed. Adams Horse & Pet does that online..a bit of honesty goes a long way.
    Well, I've been told that this info is not entirely correct, and that most of their stuff is actually in their own warehouse. Sorry to insult the business, I misunderstood!

I'm just wondering if it isn't the cactus cloth I ordered. I was a "horze" brand (maybe they're partners).

I knew they didn't stock a lot of their stuff, because I was going to make the trip up there, and (thankfully) called them beforehand to see if what I wanted was in stock. She said that its better to call ahead to make sure. And if they didn't have it, they can get it in for pickup. But being that its kind of out of my way, I didn't want to take a chance, and took my business elsewhere (sstack) where I could return stuff and exchange a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by furlong47 View Post
    Then what is in the giant warehouse behind the retail store?
    I misunderstood. Sorry.

Huh, I ordered from them last Tuesday, I think, and the package arrived Friday or Saturday...

That's it. i've decided. they hate me. And they dont' want my ponies to have the lovely satisfaction of a cactus cloth rubdown.

I've always had great luck with them. Usually get my package within a week of ordering.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)