The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Anyone care to compare these two, conformation-wise?

The chestnut is my now retired headshaker, a 7yo, 16.2 OTTB that was arguably not a great fit for me (I'm 5'2" with short legs and a long torso, plus awesome, t-rex-like arms). The bay is a 3yo OTTB (withers stick at 16 even now, but I can tell his back end has grown) I bought in August.

I really don't know enough about conformation to compare the two, but I'd love to hear some of the differences - positives & drawbacks - of both, if any conformation gurus care to comment.

To be fair, the picture of the chestnut was taken at 6yo, 2 years into training - the picture of the bay was taken at 3yo, the day he came home from the track with me (if that makes any difference).

Jake - 7yo OTTB
    Seven - 3yo OTTB

Amy

"I decided I am going to live, or at least try to live, the way I want,
    with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure."

Jake looks to be a nice boy w/ no huge glaring issues other than the photo angle may make his head look a bit large and neck just a twee but short..but overall nicely balanced normal guy.

Seven...other than his rear engine looks much larger than his front..i.e. depth of shorter shallow compared to wide open hip angles....

Jake looks to be a nice boy w/ no huge glaring issues other than the photo angle may make his head look a bit large and neck just a twee but short..but overall nicely balanced normal guy.

Seven...other than his rear engine looks much larger than his front..i.e. depth of shorter shallow compared to wide open hip angles....