The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Family is blessed so they are giving away this mare for xmas ....

http://ocala.craigslist.org/grd/3457156138.html

Interesting post on CL. They are stating that this is a great mare but they want to bless someone this Christmas by giving her to a special family. They will choose this family by love.

Seems like this would be a hard decision. Just an interesting CL post...
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

The mare is almost 20... sounds like they just are getting rid of something that they don't have a use for anymore. The packaging is pretty, and I'm sure that there is some little girl out there who would love a beautiful 'white' horse of her own.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

4 members found this post helpful.

I got basicly the same thing out of it... esp after I noticed the signature of the Pastor at the bottom..lol
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Uh ya. Looks like they have no use for the old horse and now are trying to make it seem like they are trying to be kind. Here I was thinking it was going to be a show horse, or good kids first pony or something

5 members found this post helpful.

Color me cynical. But hopefully some little girl can be the beneficiary.

I have a gelding I would like to "bless" someone with.

19 members found this post helpful.

Knowing many religious people who talk "Christian-eze" I actually suspect they are sincere...??? (I am a christian too but I don't associate with these types at this point).

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Color me cynical. But hopefully some little girl can be the beneficiary.
    Fortunately, the color may be enough to deter KBs from wanting to show Pastor Jeff how much LOVE they have for this horse. Hopefully it's not an area where horse tripping is common entertainment for some.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

3 members found this post helpful.

Since all CL ads inevitably go poof, here it is:

Free Horse For Christmas (Inglis)
    Date: 2012-12-05, 12:12PM EST
    xjntd-3457156138@sale.craigslist.org[?]
    We have decided we would rather share our blessings than be greedy. So we are giving away a really wonderful horse to the right home. My wife no longer is able to ride and I have to many horses. Gracie is a registered thorughbred born 03/03/93. She is up to date on shots,coggins and triming. She is as close to the often stated bomb proof as any horse I have ever seen. No bad habits nor holes in her training. She will load stand clip tie cross water climb hills faultlessly. She has been wonderful for taking the lead in any situation to help a green horse in training or a green rider overcome their own fears. We have ridden her on several 5 or 6 hour trail rides and it is always us that gets tired,not her. She is ready run for fun even after all day rides. This is a no nonsense honest to goodness once in a lifetime chance to really recieve a great horse for free. We wil choose her home based on Love. It is our sincere desire to bless someone this Christmas season.

P.S. she is the fastest horse we own as well as the most reliable. A really rare combination.

Pastor Jeff adams cell 352-xxx-xxxx

So, does this emoticon look like *disgust* to you? Me neither... we need the *rolling eyes* icon back!
    Horse & Dog Designs: Clothing, Pendants, Water Bottles, Totes, Phone Cases, ETC:
    WoofNWhinny*
    NEW: Schnauzers, Boxers, Western, & Polo Ponies

Horsey Humor, Ponies, Barn Safety & More.

I actually think the ad is entirely sincere and I think it's sweet.

She looks like a nice older mare who would be a great horse for someone. Yeah, she isn't a 6 year old Dutch Warmblood winning PSG. But that doesn't mean she can't be awesome.

And I do hang out with a lot of people who speak Christian-ese.

with Alfonso Spagoni, the toreador. NOT in a ticky tacky box!

Maybe it really is what it says. I have a TBX mare in her mid thirties who is still fit and active, I ride her a couple times a week. This mare could easily have 15 more useful yrs in her future, with the right care.

CFF

Actually she might be a great find for the right person. UTD on shots, etc. Remember a year ago we were crucifying the owner of an old chestnut mare?
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

It reminds me of the trainer who gave his retiring racehorse to the waitress as a tip. Hopefully this story has a happy ending.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SendenHorse View Post
    Knowing many religious people who talk "Christian-eze" I actually suspect they are sincere...??? (I am a christian too but I don't associate with these types at this point).
    Yeah, I'm a Christian, too, and I know a whole lot of people who talk about "blessings". I make sure my hand is firmly on my wallet the entire time I'm around 'em. But then, I grew up in a house where Jim and Tammy Faye were on TV five hours every day.

Why do people not get that the bigger deal they make out of their religion, the more suspect their faith becomes in most people's eyes?

Especially when you have a pic of a skinny old horse (who's no more 19 than I am, or if she is, they've treated her like crap) to go along with.

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    It reminds me of the trainer who gave his retiring racehorse to the waitress as a tip. Hopefully this story has a happy ending.
    That reminds me of the old lady who gave her trainer the dozen sub-par show ponies he bought for her as a Christmas present. She had a merry Christmas.

This Christmas ad sounds like good advertising. I wonder if it would work for my nasty 23 yro old mare. Mine isn't even skinny.

Bombproof, yet fast. Not 2 traits I'd think to list together.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

I've known plenty of "bombproof" or at least sensible horses with speed. It's not always there, but it's quite fun on a horse that is!

As for the ad, I wouldn't be surprised if they think their heart is in the right place. For the right family, I'm sure she would be a fantastic mount.

An acquaintance was given a retired Saddlebred mare a year or so ago and she is having the time of her life learning about horses and caring for her. I'm sure the person giving her away is grateful to have this harder keeping now "useless" ASB off the feedbill since she can no longer show and not so pretty, but to her new family, she is priceless. And best yet, she keeps them safe despite their novice ways.

I hope this sweet looking grey is the same way and finds her own new family.

A bit peculiar, but if she's as bombproof as they say, I bet she'd make someone an awful nice christmas present - husband horse or something.
    ---
    They're small hearts.

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm guessing they're sincere. They probably have NO clue how hard it is to place a 20YO skinny horse. I just hope she finds a sincere taker. If they're the trusting type, their mare might end up somewhere very unpleasant!
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

At first the ad sounded sweet and sincere, but given the mare's age, I'm not so sure. If this couple has "too many horses", I would be curious about how many horses they have left and how old they are. If they are all younger, then I would imagine they are trying to get rid of the older ones before they become a major maintenance problem. If they have several older horses, then it's possible they really are sincere.

Although I do know some older horses, as in early to mid 20's who are still active I know plenty who have a lot of maintenance issues, making "free" not really true in the long run.