The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wanted: Safe, sane pony or horse for light trail riding/companionship in NC

We have a small farm in Fayetteville NC at the end of a long dirt road in a small equestrian community. Sadly we are the only ones with horses. We have Southern Pines-type rail fencing bordered on 2 sides by a state park with many miles of trails. The barn is clean and airy with 12x12 matted stalls, dutch doors on the outside and sliding doors on the aisle. No ring and no room for one, but the pastures are divided up so we can separate horses as needed initially and if one comes to visit.

I have a nervous but good hearted Connemara/TB geldingwho was a jumper/eventer and got his brain fried in the process, that I'm working with and who very much needs a calm, sane buddy to be BFFs and trail buddies with.

In addition, now that my daughter abandoned me to actually go off to college and get a degree and a job (sigh....couldn't she just have lived with her dear old mum forevah?) her young mare isn't here to be the object of Bravo's affections. I had rescued a small pony from CL but he just went home with another family to be 2 little girls' Christmas pony so I'm back to needing a trail horse I can offer to guests and friends to ride with me, and to help teach/lead around the little neighbor children who adore my horses from afar.

Don't care about color, or the horse's breeding except I don't know anything about gaited horses, and would prefer to stay younger than 16 or 17 with no vices or major health issues. Just a sweet, kind hearted mutt who is happy to be loved on and petted and can be easily handled on the ground by newbies and enjoys going on trail rides a few times a week. Mare or gelding is fine, although a gelding is slightly preferable. Bravo is living at the trainer's now since he can't be alone, so I'd like to find something appropriate in the next week or two if at all possible. I have a truck and trailer.

References from others on the board who know me IRL, my vet, farrier etc. if needed.

Thanks.

I have a great large pony that loves to trail ride. He is 20 so that may be too old for you. Let me know.

Hey! Call my mother.

She has a semi-retired guy, and is looking to move him to a quieter (and sane) barn!

Will PM you her number
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Thanks everyone for the PMs. I'm looking at a couple tomorrow and hopefully a couple more this weekend.

are you wanting free? if not i have a lovely solid paint geld. that loves to trail ride and has been used in lesson program as well
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"