The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Churchill Thoroughbreds

Has anyone heard of them? Going to be in KY in the next few weeks looking at horses and came across them on equinenow.
    Also any other suggestions on some nice OTTB? Was going to contact the Secretariat Center, and new vocations as well. Any good contacts?

There was a long running thread over on Eventing??? and none of it was good....do a search for former threads....contact the CANTER KY volunteers and also when the RRTP was in KY for Rolex they had a map and contact sheet for OTTB sellers in area and check regular ad sites like DreamHorse and don't forget Craigs list

they must have changed their name from churchill hunt club so they didnt come up in my search. yikes thanks for the heads up.
    anyone else in the area i should stear clear from. have a few days while i drive down to ocala and would like to weed out any "crazies".
    feel free to pm me!

I know the people and I'm just going to say be very cautious...

RUN!!!
    The Secretariat Center is great!

1 members found this post helpful.

You might see what the Kentucky Equine Humane Center has right now. kyehc.org
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

I would be curious as well to know which reputable TB facilities (for lack of a better word) have TBs that they do a little retraining with before moving them on to new homes, and still have reasonable prices.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Private re-sellers..

Run!!!
    check out new vocations...seems like they have some nice horses and I have heard good things

2 members found this post helpful.

Not sure what area you're from, but Akindale Thoroughbred Rescue just sent a number of adoptables to Aiken. Their info is on their website.

Throwing out a big thumbs-up for Secretariat Center. Great people, terrific horses - they know what they're doing and truly care about making the right match. I hope to get a horse from them myself someday. Good luck!

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for everyones help.
    To this person who pm'd me I tried to send you a reply but I have a huge advertisement over half my page when I go to my inbox and couldnt reply but thanks so much for the heads up and info!

Quote Originally Posted by judybigredpony View Post
    Private re-sellers..
    Reputable re-sellers that is. Churchill is a reseller but one with a poor reputation. JBRP does have lovely horses who have been well started with a very good pro.
    CANTER Mid-Atlantic is also very good, as in New Vocations and the Secretariat Center.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

"JBRP does have lovely horses who have been well started with a very good pro."

Who is JBRP? (sorry!)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

You can see the horses that are owned by CANTER Mid Atlantic here- http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...=48&Itemid=313

They all have gotten 3 months or more to just be horses before they even begin their retraining as we believes that allows them to get happy in their minds and bodies. During that time we address feet, teeth and chiro.

They all come for retraining where they are well started on the flat, over fences, they go trail riding, they xc school, go to local shows and more.

We get to know each horse as an individual so that we know what they want to do in their second careers and what kind of riders they will suit.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    "JBRP does have lovely horses who have been well started with a very good pro."

Who is JBRP? (sorry!)
    Judybigredpony!
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Default CHURCHILL THOROUGHBREDS - GREAT EXPERIANCE. VERY NICE TO WORK WITH

I dont want to get involved with all of this.Although, I had to say something.
    I had a wonderful experience and they are very nice people. I think it is sad of the attacks on an organization who does such good work. I know many of their customers. They are vey happy. Churchill Thoroughbreds has stayed in contact and has been very helpful to the customers i know including me.
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.
    Also, I was told of how the Chronicle is unfair. Read for your self. I wouldnt believe anything you read on this forum.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet...se-f-84054.htm

http://www.scamexposure.com/scam-rep...he-c71391.html

Quote Originally Posted by horsegirl1 View Post
    I dont want to get involved with all of this.Although, I had to say something.
    I had a wonderful experience and they are very nice people. I think it is sad of the attacks on an organization who does such good work. I know many of their customers. They are vey happy. Churchill Thoroughbreds has stayed in contact and has been very helpful to the customers i know including me.
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.
    Also, I was told of how the Chronicle is unfair. Read for your self. I wouldnt believe anything you read on this forum.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet...se-f-84054.htm

http://www.scamexposure.com/scam-rep...he-c71391.html
    You do realize that BOTH the links you included are basically just like this forum, right? Random people on the internet putting info out there about a topic. Wouldn't exactly use that as a trustworthy source. I'm glad you had a nice experience with them, but it seems the majority of people have not.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

3 members found this post helpful.

I dont understand how you can say that. They sell all over the country and even do exports. I think it is unlikely that you would know all their customers. I undstand there are some competitors that are trying to hurt them. Anyway, I disagree... goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by horsegirl1 View Post
    I dont want to get involved with all of this.
    Shyeah right, and monkeys might fly out of my butt!

Anyone else smell a troll?
    Boyle Heights Kid 1998 OTTB Dark Bay Gelding
    Tinner's Way x Sculpture by Hail to Reason
    "Once you go off track, you never go back!"

7 members found this post helpful.