The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default SVS Transport or Sunset View Stables in WA

Anybody used this company or know the stables? I googled them but the first 3 search choices do not come up.

I'm trying to find ride for a horse from Bremerton to Walla Walla. Had Gibson lined up but now his trip has changed and he doesn't come this way. Any ideas?
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Just wanted to post a follow up for the future if any one searches for info on this company.

I would not recommend them, if you have an emergency haul, okay, but if you are able to take the time and contract with a different shipper that is what I would advise you to do. My horse spent 2 days and one night on a slant-horse trailer. She arrived very "frayed", hungry and THIRSTY! I don't think they offered her any food or water for at least 16-18 hours.

Two days and a night to go from Bremerton to Walla Walla?! That could have been a day trip.
    “I never play horseshoes ‘cause Mother taught us not to throw our clothes around.”
    -Mr. Ed

1 members found this post helpful.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

I had the same question as Sanely did: why the hell did it take 2 days to get from Bremerton to Walla Walla??? That is, at most, a 10 hour trip...more like 8. Gosh, next time, use American or Bob Hubbard...go professional...
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Because they went to CANADA on the way?! This is what I was told by the OP. Good grief, glad she is only frayed but okay.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

They picked her up at 8:30am, went to Canada to pick up two horse, went I-5 to Oregon to drop those two off, picked up another, made it to Kennewick at 3am (drivers said this) and they went to sleep, got up had breakfast and then got to Walla Walla. What freaked me out was them unloading on the highway! There is a large circular drive at the barn, but they wouldn't drive up to the barn.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvincrowe View Post
    I had the same question as Sanely did: why the hell did it take 2 days to get from Bremerton to Walla Walla??? That is, at most, a 10 hour trip...more like 8. Gosh, next time, use American or Bob Hubbard...go professional...
    I should have paid board at her barn until someone with a good review could transport. I wish I could learn lessons like these without my horse suffering.

Sorry your horse had to go through that. What a trip for her jeez!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    I should have paid board at her barn until someone with a good review could transport. I wish I could learn lessons like these without my horse suffering.