The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 773
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb. 25, 2011
    Location
    So California
    Posts
    2,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Nootka, stop typing that name! She's like Beetlejuice...she may show up!!!

    AFAIK that lunatic is still in TX somewhere. Possibly. Most likely she's scamming someone else.

    PeteyPie...glad to hear your name isn't really PeteyPie. That's my gelding's name and he's not allowed online.

    Anymore.
    Or so you thought...


    22 members found this post helpful.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr. 17, 2002
    Location
    between the barn and the pond
    Posts
    14,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    If her name began with K-A-T, then we're talking about the same nutjob. What really pissed me off the most was that she cost me a potentially great relationship - the girl she half-leased from was someone I was talking to and getting to know and she now lives on the other side of the country too but they are no longer friends or have any interaction from what I know- by putting herself between the girl and I and everytime I tried to talk to the girl, I got messages from KAT speaking for her or KAT trying to hang out with me by saying the girl would join us for dinner or whatever. She eventually showed up at my place uninvited - and apparently intoxicated - without my having given her the address and brought a bunch of drama to my doorstep.
    It wasn't this Kat I'm a nutjob. I am not that nutjob! LOL


    10 members found this post helpful.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec. 4, 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    Unless I'm mistaking it for a similar name, EquineTech totally vanished over one Christmas. I was corresponding with her on some holiday BB related topic and POOF, nothing. Several posters and I feared she had been in an accident or suffered some other sort of tragedy. I know I tried PM and email and every way I could think of.

    The person I'm thinking of was in school in the Caribbean somewhere.
    Yep, that's her. St Georges University in Grenada. The time she went "poof" would correspond to the time she dropped out.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    It wasn't this Kat I'm a nutjob. I am not that nutjob! LOL
    I know you're not that nutjob, thankfully. The Kat I'm talking about was only on the board for a few years and mostly intermittantly. If you were to go through her posts, you'd see she was exceptionally sycophantic and always tried to ingratiate herself with other locals to curry favor with anyone who would give her an air of legitimacy if she was seen with them and the ability to have access to those who would give her social connections that would reinforce that supposed legitimacy.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    2 members found this post helpful.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan. 27, 2009
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Thanks Alter horse. I thought she was a real vet too. Good to know.



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    31,432

    Default

    Is this an early April Fool's joke?

    Somebody who is clearly not who he/she is IRL is telling us somebody else is not who she is IRL?

    Irony much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    8 members found this post helpful.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Is this an early April Fool's joke?

    Somebody who is clearly not who he/she is IRL is telling us somebody else is not who she is IRL?

    Irony much?
    Naw, just more internet forum's craziness, I think.

    I can't remember half of the poster's names, much less keep up with any supposed identities.
    Does it matter that much?
    Generally, not so much, unless they may giving advice as a professional without being one, be it a vet or attorney or whatever.

    'This the internet, believe anything posted at your own risk.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec. 4, 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Is this an early April Fool's joke?

    Somebody who is clearly not who he/she is IRL is telling us somebody else is not who she is IRL?

    Irony much?

    No not an April fool's joke, and I am happy to tell anyone who PM's me my true identity, not just my other screen name. As I said in an earlier post, if it was something harmless I wouldn't have bothered posting anything about her at all.

    That being said I do have to remain living in the same community as her, which is why I posted under an alter, although by this time she has probably figured things out.


    16 members found this post helpful.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr. 17, 2002
    Location
    between the barn and the pond
    Posts
    14,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I know you're not that nutjob, thankfully. The Kat I'm talking about was only on the board for a few years and mostly intermittantly. If you were to go through her posts, you'd see she was exceptionally sycophantic and always tried to ingratiate herself with other locals to curry favor with anyone who would give her an air of legitimacy if she was seen with them and the ability to have access to those who would give her social connections that would reinforce that supposed legitimacy.
    Did she have a trademark or copyright on her screen name? I recall that Kat(TM)



  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep. 6, 2012
    Location
    Moved South from North Pole
    Posts
    720

    Default

    We're really 2 warmbloods, not one elf.

    And we don't live at the North Pole.

    We want to thank OP for posting, as what if someone who is not a vet came out to give your horses treatment? This can be dangerous. We know some vets, one has a puppy mill near our barn, that our owner won't let touch us.

    Not to mention some farriers.

    Check everyone out before getting advice from a vet or a farrier.


    8 members found this post helpful.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    31,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alter horse View Post
    No not an April fool's joke, and I am happy to tell anyone who PM's me my true identity, not just my other screen name. As I said in an earlier post, if it was something harmless I wouldn't have bothered posting anything about her at all.

    That being said I do have to remain living in the same community as her, which is why I posted under an alter, although by this time she has probably figured things out.

    So it is serious but you don't tell your name public.

    Whatever, I have no dog in this fight, but apparently the irony is lost on a great many people.
    (I am sure knowing your name will bring me much closer to the truth, right)

    carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    8 members found this post helpful.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Sep. 24, 2008
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Bwahahaha!!!!

    NJR
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    Did she have a trademark or copyright on her screen name? I recall that Kat(TM)
    No. Her first name began with K-A-T. I just went back through the posts and it looks like she only had one username and it matches the one she used on the dating website I met her on, when she was in fact not single and in a relationship. She was here for about two years (07-09) and then she left the horse scene though she is still in limited contact with quite a few people from this board.
    Last edited by LexInVA; Dec. 4, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    3 members found this post helpful.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor's elf View Post
    We're really 2 warmbloods, not one elf.

    And we don't live at the North Pole.

    We want to thank OP for posting, as what if someone who is not a vet came out to give your horses treatment? This can be dangerous. We know some vets, one has a puppy mill near our barn, that our owner won't let touch us.

    Not to mention some farriers.

    Check everyone out before getting advice from a vet or a farrier.
    I am not blue, but green.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    31,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I am not blue, but green.
    Giving your origin, I don't doubt it for a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Giving your origin, I don't doubt it for a second.
    More of a turquoise green alien, thus some see me as blue.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    31,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    More of a turquoise green alien, thus some see me as blue.
    You rebel!

    I am not who I say I am either...
    Guess who I am!

    <shines 2nd place medal>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,125

    Default

    Chartreuse perhaps?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    2 members found this post helpful.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    40,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Chartreuse perhaps?
    Cointreau.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2006
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Is this an early April Fool's joke?

    Somebody who is clearly not who he/she is IRL is telling us somebody else is not who she is IRL?

    Irony much?
    Seriously. Some random person comes in, announces that someone else is lying, and everyone believes it? Give me a break. Why would I believe a random stranger?
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.


    10 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: Apr. 7, 2013, 07:05 PM
  2. Replies: 77
    Last Post: Aug. 13, 2012, 09:24 AM
  3. What People Think Dressage People Do
    By Mike Matson in forum Dressage
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Feb. 20, 2012, 09:11 PM
  4. Replies: 116
    Last Post: Jan. 2, 2011, 04:04 PM
  5. Replies: 60
    Last Post: Aug. 28, 2009, 09:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •