The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HenryisBlaisin' View Post
    I feel ridiculously accomplished for catching up with this thread.

If the OP is telling the truth, then I agree with those who offer empathy to the person mentioned. I think we have all probably wished we were somebody else at times, and for someone to want that so much that they actually create that persona...either there is something seriously lacking in their life or they really like messing with people. Either way, there are obviously bigger issues.

In the interest of full disclosure, my name is not Henry. My horse is, but he isn't allowed online. And nothing is blaising (or blazing), so please don't call the fire department and report a misspelled fire.

If I've met anyone on here IRL, I don't know it. I might, however, be Batgirl. I will neither confirm nor deny.
    All you can say is you and Batgril are never in the same room together right?

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Ok... despite being neither a vet nor a vet tech, I have to go trim my roommate's cat's nails. (In any case, I'm guessing that's why there is a roommate with a towel-burritoed cat and some nail clippers standing outside of my door tapping her foot and giving dirty looks to my laptop)

So.. let's take a poll. How many pages can I expect to magically appear by they time I get back? 1? 2? 5? LOL!
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KSquared View Post
    All you can say is you and Batgril are never in the same room together right?
    Exactly.

I am so disappointed. I just looked at LexinVa's profile and there was no photo. Will have to trust that he is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyPie View Post
    I am so disappointed. I just looked at LexinVa's profile and there was no photo. Will have to trust that he is hot.
    I know, right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    Other than ruining "grataan's" reputation (keeping in mind no one knows who Grataan is), it really doesn't matter because the theme would still be the same...though I will up it.

Most people lie on the internet. Most people BS on the internet. Most people giving advice on this forum on any given topic are in no position to give credible advice.

So it really doesn't matter and seems to be providing much entertainment.

Perhaps so internal projecting is going on as well.
    "Most people lie on the internet".

Really? Do you believe that?

Yikes! Speak for your self (and perhaps consider raising your expectations).

Perhaps you are correct ,I wouldn't know,but I think you are way off base as far as COTH is concerned.

This is the only BB I have taken part in, and if I believed that the majority of the members here were liars, I would not participate.

The "little lies" are mostly disregarded here, however the whoppers (such as presenting oneself as a DVM when one is not) are brought to light, and rightly so.

25 members found this post helpful.

Geez... I knew I was doing it wrong. I can't even be cool on the Internet. With my cognitive issues I'm lucky to remember my real life in the first place. Lol.

I do have a palomino Morgan though she lives with my BFF (also a CoTHer) in TN now. Now my infrequent posts are about disabilities or other mundane things.

Maybe I shold change my name to "ImThePersonHOUSEcharactersAreBasedOn". That would suit me better. Or ReclinerJockey.

Seriously. I love a good train wreck though.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

5 members found this post helpful.

TaDaaaa! I have reached the current end of this thread after fast reading, a lot of laughing, and some puzzlement over poetry.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    I'm home sick with pneumonia, the real kind. The kind that knocks the life out of ya then slowly, so slowly, drags old shag carpet through your sinuses on its way out. Maybe tomorrow I'll get the Hell out of my house, until then, fair warning!
    Been there, sure miserable.
    Don't expect to feel like dancing for a few weeks.
    Just ease back with the living slowly.
    Take care, it can be really serious if you don't.

2 members found this post helpful.

As long as everyone is making confessions about their names, I will address the obvious by realizing that not everyone thinks I'm sane. Bawhahahaha!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    Why do these threads always start during the week? Am I the only one here that has to work for a living? I'm going to have to ask all you bums, I mean impostors, to stop posting until Friday. I'm not allowed to drink on the job.
    Oh plz, quit being a weenie and just cut drastically into your sleep time like the rest of us! I have to get up for work in 5 hrs and I'm not done with this thread yet.

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Timex View Post
    would you believe me if I told you that Random Poster is/isn't a vet/farrier/trainer/rider/human?
    I could be convinced to believe you on that last one for "is". But that's just me, and perhaps I'm gullible.

I too finally finished reading all 21 pages of this thread! Thought 6 pages last night took a while...whew! So I'll also jump on the boring username trend...my name is Shannon...Shannon Ryan...and 18 is my favorite number. I do however have a horsey-related username on another site that is non-horsey-related...am I doing this wrong?
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

Since we're confessing sins of names I will confess two things. 1. No where in my name is the name Leila and 2. I neither own or have ever owned a Tigress.

However I've been that tag name for so long I will answer to Leila when called
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

I got my IRL name (well, nickname) from my online life. I used Josie on many BBs (hence JoZ here because Josie was taken) and when I met people in person that I had first met online, they called me Josie. And it stuck.

One deception I do confess to: I do. not. want. people from work to be FaceBook friends with me. I don't mean the folks I actually become friends with, I mean plain co-workers. So they say hey, I'll friend you and I say sure. But my FB is under Josie. And they never find me. Nor do prospective employers. I have never posted about my job or a co-worker but I give more glimpses into my personality and beliefs on FB than I want the office to have!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

5 members found this post helpful.

I used to be HappyVagrant, but I was never actually a vagrant.

My current user name is accurate: I am geometrically challenged. Ask anyone who has ever asked me for directions or let me navigate. Assuming they have found their way back to civilization, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    Me up at does
    out of the floor
    quietly Stare
    a poisoned mouse
    still who alive
    is asking What
    have i done that
    you wouldn't have

e.e.cummings
    That little "tink" noise was the sound of my heart breaking.
    Fear is the rocket sauce.
    Jack Black

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    Most people lie on the internet. Most people BS on the internet.
    I try to never lie anywhere. I even feel guilty if I won't post a picture because I'm fatter than I used to be and want people to remember the skinnier me. Silly I know, but I've never been good at not telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by leilatigress View Post
    Since we're confessing sins of names I will confess two things. 1. No where in my name is the name Leila and 2. I neither own or have ever owned a Tigress.

However I've been that tag name for so long I will answer to Leila when called
    Hah! I've always read your name as letitia with some extra letters.

While there could be bugs under my rugs, my screename has nothing to do with them. I used to swing dance and it's a combination of Rugcutter and Jitterbug. It's not a username that is usually taken, so... (although I was devasted to find another RugBug or two out there).

I confess to being quite boring online...but often the comedian in real life. I've never jumped more than 3', I keep my horse at a "backyard" type facility, I haven't shown at an A show for more than 20 years and even then it was only the 2 or 3 I could afford as a teen, I can be a grade A beeeyotch on occassion and I never proofread my posts so I sometimes use your/you're, its/it's and they're/there/their incorrectly.

I also confess that I am incredibly curious about see u at x's vile COTH poster.
    Last edited by RugBug; Dec. 6, 2012 at 01:24 AM.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
    That little "tink" noise was the sound of my heart breaking.
    I do understand your heartbreak.

Some of Robert Louis Stevenson's work has had that effect on me as well..

Lex-
    late to the party- just just because you are getting "sooo many" LIKE notifications.. that last, dislike, mine. ;p lol