The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alter horse View Post
    Absolutely positive. She is a certified veterinary technician, that's it. She has(had?) aspirations of becoming a vet, but dropped out of vet school. As I said before, if it was something harmless I wouldn't have outed her, but claiming to be a dvm is serious.

As far as I know her posts as Equinetech are legit. She did attend vet school, but she dropped out several years ago. She used to work as a tech at the small animal clinic I use for my pets, but got laid off. She currently works as a tech at a Banfield clinic (you know, the vet clinics inside petsmart).
    Thank you.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Yeah. I see this a lot. Like the COTHer who said she had been doing ballet for years (fat as a pasture puff pony that girl was and she later admitted she never bothered to go to the supposed Ballet classes she was taking), her mom was a member of the Washington Opera and a well known socialite (her mom doesn't even live in this area), told me she had been riding for years (she just started riding when I met her and she was leasing a horse from another COTHer), told me her job was high-end IT in the telecom industry (she was a pathetic administrative assistant that got kicked around from desk to desk and didn't know anything about IT), claimed to have fox hunted several times (that was easy to figure out), and she also said she was single (lived with a guy she later introduced me to as her boyfriend and she also admitted she was hooking up with a bunch of guys on the side and tried to hook up with me as well). What happened to her? Well, she got fired from her job, her boyfriend grew some balls and kicked her ass to the curb, she got knocked up, and now her sociopathic ass lives on the other side of the country where nobody knows her game. I say you go Gallagher on her Melon of Madness and let the truth be known!
    This sounds like the person in VA that was trying to lease my mare a few years ago. I spoke to her (also saw she was trying to lease EVERYONE'S horse) and that was enough to know... that is a negative sky captian.

Quote Originally Posted by goeslikestink View Post
    theres lots of people that are not what they seem so why post such un relevant stufff on here its not really horse related is it
    It is relevant. Some of these nut jobs try to lease horses and other things here on this BB. One was getting horses and starved one to death before the owner could get her back from the breeding lease. This person also contacted me about leasing Nootka and said she would be down that weekend to look at her and pic her up. I had alreadly leased her to another wonderful COTHer so that was a no go
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

5 members found this post helpful.

Wow, I thought she was a vet all this time too. You can't believe much of anything on the Internet!
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

6 members found this post helpful.

Ouch

Very interesting..........
    RIP Sucha Smooth Whiskey
    May 17,2004 - March 29, 2010
    RIP San Lena Peppy
    May 3, 1991 - March 11, 2010

It looks like she's posted as recently as today over on the dressage forum.
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

Quote Originally Posted by Event4Life View Post
    Anyway I think the lesson learned here is to take anything anyone tells you through an online forum with a HUGE grain of salt. I thought (hoped?) most people who posted on online forums would know that.
    You left out: On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog...

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/56/169...6197ccb05c.jpg
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Yeah. I see this a lot. Like the COTHer who said she had been doing ballet for years (fat as a pasture puff pony that girl was and she later admitted she never bothered to go to the supposed Ballet classes she was taking), her mom was a member of the Washington Opera and a well known socialite (her mom doesn't even live in this area), told me she had been riding for years (she just started riding when I met her and she was leasing a horse from another COTHer), told me her job was high-end IT in the telecom industry (she was a pathetic administrative assistant that got kicked around from desk to desk and didn't know anything about IT), claimed to have fox hunted several times (that was easy to figure out), and she also said she was single (lived with a guy she later introduced me to as her boyfriend and she also admitted she was hooking up with a bunch of guys on the side and tried to hook up with me as well). What happened to her? Well, she got fired from her job, her boyfriend grew some balls and kicked her ass to the curb, she got knocked up, and now her sociopathic ass lives on the other side of the country where nobody knows her game. I say you go Gallagher on her Melon of Madness and let the truth be known!
    HEY! (or HAY) Just when I was going to hitch up a "nag" to go for a spin, I clicked on this thread. Now my night is shot! So much for the whole "Christmas giddie-up" thing happening.

Thank you OP. Good information to know.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

2 members found this post helpful.

WOW. Thanks Alter Horse.

Wasn't there a thread about this phenomena on OT? M√ľnchhausen by internet or something?

6 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    This sounds like the person in VA that was trying to lease my mare a few years ago. I spoke to her (also saw she was trying to lease EVERYONE'S horse) and that was enough to know... that is a negative sky captian.
    If her name began with K-A-T, then we're talking about the same nutjob. What really pissed me off the most was that she cost me a potentially great relationship - the girl she half-leased from was someone I was talking to and getting to know and she now lives on the other side of the country too but they are no longer friends or have any interaction from what I know- by putting herself between the girl and I and everytime I tried to talk to the girl, I got messages from KAT speaking for her or KAT trying to hang out with me by saying the girl would join us for dinner or whatever. She eventually showed up at my place uninvited - and apparently intoxicated - without my having given her the address and brought a bunch of drama to my doorstep.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

3 members found this post helpful.

Well, don't believe everything I say, because, well, I have to confess: my real name is not PeteyPie. I have also changed other names to protect the innocent... ...or my own privacy.

Seriously, I think most people know to take this stuff with a grain of salt. The ones who believe everything they read are just going to be gullible in other areas of their lives as well. I have a family member who believes there is a Fountain of Youth in some cave somewhere because he/she (see how tricky I can be?) saw it on TV.

20 members found this post helpful.

Damn sounds like a desperate 3rd wheel. I can't remember her name but she told me she was in Northern VA in or around Alex or Springfield. She was a nut job.

WOW! I may have a PM from her still from back in the day I need to go for a look...

llltf3

Speaking of freaking nut jobs I REALLLY want to know what happened to CHANTER
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Unless I'm mistaking it for a similar name, EquineTech totally vanished over one Christmas. I was corresponding with her on some holiday BB related topic and POOF, nothing. Several posters and I feared she had been in an accident or suffered some other sort of tragedy. I know I tried PM and email and every way I could think of.

The person I'm thinking of was in school in the Caribbean somewhere.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

wasn't it Fat Palomino that went to vet school in the Caribbean?

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post

The person I'm thinking of was in school in the Caribbean somewhere.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

A few people using this forum have gone to vet school there or claimed to at any rate. It's a popular place to go and study instead of the drudgery that is American veterinary education.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

7 members found this post helpful.

Are you sure it is Grataan who claimed to be a vet (and is a vet tech)? I have always enjoyed her posts.

OP is sure. They were friends IRL for quite some time, going by the first post.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    Damn sounds like a desperate 3rd wheel. I can't remember her name but she told me she was in Northern VA in or around Alex or Springfield. She was a nut job.

WOW! I may have a PM from her still from back in the day I need to go for a look...

llltf3

Speaking of freaking nut jobs I REALLLY want to know what happened to CHANTER
    You are better off not having leased your horse to her. Seriously. Not the same person that Lex is talking about, though.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Nootka, stop typing that name! She's like Beetlejuice...she may show up!!!

AFAIK that lunatic is still in TX somewhere. Possibly. Most likely she's scamming someone else.

PeteyPie...glad to hear your name isn't really PeteyPie. That's my gelding's name and he's not allowed online.

Anymore.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

9 members found this post helpful.