The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerdog View Post
    Wow. That's all I can think of in response. So joking around and saying that Lex may or may not be a stud muffin is the same as a teenage girl getting gang raped. Interesting world you live in, Kate.

So Lex, I cannot send you a pm so here is a public apology:
    I am sorry I contributed to the joking around about you. I am sorry that the people who have actually seen you in real life said you are a good looking and kind man. I am sorry that those of us with a sense of humor were tormenting you with sexual harassment and treating you like dirt. I know your signature says you are 100% USDA Grade A man beef but it's not ok for us to say so, so just be assured if no one tells you anymore that you are a hottie tottie, we still think it (even though very few of us have actually laid eyes on you) because every community can benefit from a kind, helpful, good looking man who is self assured.

Sincerely,
    Kelly
    No, dimbulb, its pretty much the same as when boys stand around on the street corner and come on to a young girl walking byl.

Its the same as someone saying, well, it takes a special kind of girl to stay with a man like me, racing cars everyweekend at the track.

Its like men talking together about the physical and sexual attributes of a woman and why she keeps hanging around.

I read your post as though you were a man harrassing a young woman and you make me sick. I have two daughters and three granddaughters and this matter and how you present yourself comes up all the time.

But you go ahead and chatter about Lex and how his signature indicates he's "asking" for the lewd attention. Heck, we're a private group of only about 76,000 women internationally; we can focus our attention on Lex and that fact that he's probably 1 percent of us, and male, and probably likes the sexual attention, so go for it, Cracker!!

Heck, Ask him to describe his recent evening all by himself, since he's so into you and women on this board, what does he do in the shower? Or is that too far? Is there some boundary about how and what you are willing to discuss about him? or is it all based on y9our percception of his online persona? How about asking him to post a crotch shot for your titilation and giggling pleasure? Or is that too far?

Give me a break. And you wonder why men have no respect for women. You women are acting like perimenopausal losers.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious Kate View Post
    Probably its because the won't have to meet up with women like the ones on this thread in real life. Hell, as a woman, that would keep me out of your barns, just so I woudn't have to be around women like this. Imagine men, who would like to NOT be around these kinds of women who think like this about men!! Do you realise that there are other people, in fact entire barns, where this kind of atmosphere is not tolerated, much less displayed?
    What?

I am pretty sure, you can find 'this kind of women' at the PTA meeting as well as the church luncheon.

At least around here, at the latter you will also find the guys....

Should I ever have the pleasure to cross paths with Lex, I would probably blush in a girlish manner, whisper breathless something like 'ZOMG it's LEX' and then quietly feint.
    And not even counting on his kindness to give me mouth to mouth.....

oh darn I did it again, didn't I.....

To put the kidding aside, a bit of good natured innuendo with a person one is not likely to ever meet in person and you equal that with rape?
    I think you need to go out more and what less CSI and SVU.....

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambitious Kate View Post
    No, dimbulb, its pretty much the same as when boys stand around on the street corner and come on to a young girl walking byl.

Its the same as someone saying, well, it takes a special kind of girl to stay with a man like me, racing cars everyweekend at the track.

Its like men talking together about the physical and sexual attributes of a woman and why she keeps hanging around.

I read your post as though you were a man harrassing a young woman and you make me sick. I have two daughters and three granddaughters and this matter and how you present yourself comes up all the time.

But you go ahead and chatter about Lex and how his signature indicates he's "asking" for the lewd attention. Heck, we're a private group of only about 76,000 women internationally; we can focus our attention on Lex and that fact that he's probably 1 percent of us, and male, and probably likes the sexual attention, so go for it, Cracker!!

Heck, Ask him to describe his recent evening all by himself, since he's so into you and women on this board, what does he do in the shower? Or is that too far? Is there some boundary about how and what you are willing to discuss about him? or is it all based on y9our percception of his online persona? How about asking him to post a crotch shot for your titilation and giggling pleasure? Or is that too far?

Give me a break. And you wonder why men have no respect for women. You women are acting like perimenopausal losers.
    Well first of all, I am not a dimbulb, and don't come any near being as insulting as you are in your posts.

When a man or anyone tells me I am good looking I say "Thank you" and choose to take it as a compliment whether they meant it that way or not. But that's because I am self assured and don't let people determine how I feel about myself.

And as someone who came within a hair's breadth of being raped once, I think your comparisons are way off base. Have a nice day.

19 members found this post helpful.

I'm not as worked up about it as AK, but I do think this thread has gone beyond the mildly amusing into the moderately oogy WRT Lex.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

26 members found this post helpful.

Have any of Grataan's friends heard from her? Not that they would post here I guess, and I don't suppose there will be any resolution to this.

Unless the mods were contacted and they come here, give some input and put it to rest.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

3 members found this post helpful.

don't be a plum- he was joining in himself in harmless fun

so don't get yer nickers in a twist over it,, life is to short to have woe's on
    on this planet over something so trival

but will say if it makes your bloody boil go eat an egg lol

17 members found this post helpful.

Beginning to see some of the nasty behavior that got AR tempo-banned a while back. Um, I think someone's taking this waaayy too personally.

Curious, Kate, do you get as offended when women proclaim lust for oh, say, celebrities or other men they perceive as "hot", even though they are not on this board? Or would you fly into a self-righteous snit were I to wax on and on about how delicious I think Richard Armitage is?

15 members found this post helpful.

OMG. I went to the barn after posting, and find out now that we women are accused of sexual harassment? Hey, I was a victim of that for many years, and learned to handle it without getting upset. Asked for sex, said no, guys offered money, said no. Guys who worked in the same prosecutor's office. Federal judge I clerked for as well. Several of the superior court judges in Atlanta as well. State patrolmen who stopped me for speeding. If you wanted to be a woman in the professions, and you looked good, you had to learn to handle men and laugh off the offers of sex. Workers on buildings who yelled and whistled, ignored. Defendants in the jail and in the projects who asked me if I wanted to ****? I politely said no and told then NOT to touch my sports car. Sexual harassment not rising to the level of touching was to me just irritating. Those guys standing on the street corner aren't the ones who are stalking you to rape you.

My rape victims who were either raped by one guy or "gang banged?" Well as anyone knows, that had nothing to do with sexual harassment. Rape is all anger and hate. Rape is not about sex, it's the use of sex to punish society through rape of women or children. My rape victims were not harassed before they were raped. In fact, most rape victims are not the women who got harassed but rather were quiet and circumspect.

The whole concept of sexual harassment is totally different from rape. As anyone who has worked for decades with rape victims knows. (And who was sexually harassed for decades.)

I used to dress as I wanted to, wear my long blonde hair as I wanted to, and wear all the makeup I wanted to. The fact that that caused men to say things to me didn't bother me much. And I was never raped.

Lex is cool. He's funny and witty as I stated in my post that started all this. And he is a horseman, which makes him cool, or hot, or whatever.

I assume that this theme was decided on in order to shut the thread down?

20 members found this post helpful.

deep in the CT wilds near...the 200yr flood zone

I read this thread when it started, looked for it the next day and couldn't find it, then got busy with life and didn't have time till yesterday to check it out. Wow. Thirty-eight pages and counting. Read through it all last night. Interesting. Shocking. Laugh out loud hilarious at times. (Slabsided you are too funny!) And great links. I'm psyched to have found cool horsey artisan stuff.

Let's see if I understand what's going on in regards to online ID's and misrepresentation and fictitious personas. My ID is the title of a story I wrote. My original ID, which I think was my horse's name, but it's been so long I can't remember now, was used by Mr. OTI after we got our OTTB off the track. He participated on CoTH more actively than I did, gathering data, learning about horse care, good designs, bad designs, common problems to expect, etc. I gathered data too, but I think my participation was more socially oriented while his was more practically oriented. Mr. OTI has a career that involves electricity and water and when we started getting PM's about how to troubleshoot what's causing the horses to be shocked at their waterers I decided to create a separate ID. At the time I was strongly cautioned to not be up front about my name, location, or further identifying info to not make it easy for nefarious individuals to capitalize of the data. Within a few months Mr. OTI became tired of justifying his advice on a thread, because posters didn't agree, (i.e. didn't have their wiring up to code or couldn't afford the changes necessary to make the system safe) and would get emotional, arguing and attacking anything he said as a consequence. Life's short. He had better things to do. Not his job to make sure everybody's barns and water systems are wired correctly. He stopped participating all together when he was sucked in by a thread that turned out to be nothing but an elaborate story. He was enraged by the amount of energy and concern he put into trying to help. I was angry too. We had a long talk about why someone would do that. What did they get from it? Why pretend you're something you're not? The horse world is small, eventually you'll be caught out and exposed and then you'll have to deal with the consequences. (Humiliation. Shame. Public anger. Targeting. Being shunned.) You don't live in the online world, you live in the real world. Is the risk really worth it?

So this whole thread is kind of an eye opener. I guess popularity trumps having integrity, a moral standard and also being held responsible for your actions. If we like you it's okay to lie and misrepresent yourself as a DVM, garnering respect and offering advice that is not supported by qualifications, education or a degree. If we like you, we'll happily shoot the messenger. And when the messenger's challenged to come out from hiding? When they come forward and put themselves out on public display, stating they walk their talk? Whoa baby. Get the stick out. Bad OP! How dare you expose the liar? Why didn't you do more IRL? You tried and the liar just blew you off, again and again, till you felt you had no choice but to expose them? Well...how dare you come here and wreck our happily community!? Now everyone, please, please think about poor Grataan. Think about how she must be feeling. Her entire fictitious world destroyed. OMG. Let's offer her our sympathy and condolences.

Do I have that about right, Twotruedoc?

As for Lex, I want to see a picture and I don't want to see a picture, because reality can't be as good as my imagination. But the bottom line is, Lex isn't representing himself as anything other than what he is -- a guy. And his sex has been confirmed by other CoTHers IRL. So let's not muddy the waters by comparing Lex, a popular CoTHer, with Grataan, a popular CoTHer that's misrepresented who they are, what they've done and who they're married to. They lied in every posting you've read on CoTH. All of your conceptions and the entire basis for your emotional attachment is founded on lies. There is no funny surgeon that threw away her tampons. She's not a vet. And now I'm doubting the horses she posted about were even hers.

But I'm not going to just forgive and forget so I can keep being amused by her posts, either. I'm going to wait and see if Grataan puts the accusations to bed...or disappears from the board. And anyone that thinks silence means she didn't deign to answer the accusations is kidding themselves.
    This it be all wot we want in life, wenn peoples dey loff us. ~ Willem

39 members found this post helpful.

Good post, onthinice.

And I did not mean to start a train wreck.

1 members found this post helpful.

I agree. Well said onthinice.

Cloudyand callie, you did not start a train wreck, it went there all on it's own.

I hope Grataan does come on here and either proves that the OP was wrong or that she appoligizes for lieing to all of us. I highly doubt that she will though.

4 members found this post helpful.

How about asking him to post a crotch shot for your titilation and giggling pleasure? Or is that too far?
    Good Gawd! Think of the children!

NJR
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

5 members found this post helpful.

This thread has probably overstayed its open-ness, so we're going to draw things to a close. As always, posters are responsible for what they say and how they represent themselves here, and we do not moderate based upon factual accuracy of statements made, as that would be an impossible standard to determine and maintain.

The subject of the OP can decide for herself how to address or not the concerns raised in this thread, and other posters can decide how they will receive her comments in the future if she continues to post here.

We certainly don't approve of people misrepresenting themselves, but we pretty much leave it up to members of the community to figure out what they want to believe or not, unless we have definite evidence of some sort of criminal representation (false charitable representation, etc.)

Thanks,
    Mod 1
    (1 is my middle name...my parents thought it conveyed strength. )

53 members found this post helpful.