The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Come Shine View Post
    Hang on a sec. I've been reading this thinking that the issue is that she called herself a vet, when in reality she wasn't. Are you saying that what she wrote about was also not true? That the things she talked about were incorrect or falsified?
    I don't know but not being truthfull with who you are makes me not believe anything a person would say. I tend to tune out those people that BS their way through life...

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    I still say that if JSwan likes someone, then that's good enough for me,
    spoken in
    truth as well for me

Tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

3 members found this post helpful.

A few of her posts mention internships with a practice and going to "conferences" - is that something vet techs normally do?

There has been some discussion of her 'recommendations' on the seizure thread over in Eventing, also.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    Yes. It's just a horsie BB, so surely being "outed" isn't a big deal, if lying about who you are isn't either.

If you'd read all 32 pages, or even the first ~10... you'd probably have noticed that the OP did try multiple times in person to ask Grataan to stop lying. And you'd also have noticed us PNW'ers discussing that we seem to recall that Grataan is from OR (out west, as you refer to it). That would likely make the OP reside in a similar geographical location....... you may get your wish. Although that would make you a royal hypocrite, in this case.

Carry on.
    I am not saying Grataans behavior is okay, or that I am okay with lying. I *am* saying that the OP did not need to come barn storming up the place to to "out" her ex friend. And, seeing as no one seems to know the OP or anything about her (or him for that matter), who actually knows what is the truth.

I admit I am fond of Grataan and I would forgive this as I do not believe Grataan was being malicious or hurting anyone intentionally. It sounds more like she exaggerated once then it either became fun or she had to carry on the lie. This is forgivable, in my book. And, hardly something that needs to be announced all over. This is not the same as a criminal act by any means.

And, Heinz, too many people on this board know me for me to make anything up so when I indicated I would say something to the OP if I got the chance you better believe it. I'm pretty known for not having any issue speaking my mind, in public or anywhere else. I am just up the road from Oregon after all and the shows up here we all go to
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazzu View Post
    Well, Tamara will tell you that, back in the day, in rec.eq, I was accused of being a "self-proclaimed vet".

I was sufficiently taken with the phrase that I added it to my sig.
    yes'm I will indeed...
    I think I could even find the very post if I tried...it said something like "well that self proclaimed vet Dr <insert name> says <insert> and she's obviously wrong about <insert> because blah blah blah words words...." I'd have to go thru some 15 years of posts to find it however...

my fav quote from there (and which would be lost on most here) was the simple four letter word Kris Carrol loved to use
    "Cite?"
    many an argument was left hanging on it's own gallows when that lever was pulled... ;>

Tamara in TN
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerdog View Post
    So if Lex were a movie title...which one would it be?
    "10"?
    "The Black Stallion"?
    "Insidious"?
    Any other ideas?
    Original Sin

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    I am not saying Grataans behavior is okay, or that I am okay with lying. I *am* saying that the OP did not need to come barn storming up the place to to "out" her ex friend. And, seeing as no one seems to know the OP or anything about her (or him for that matter), who actually knows what is the truth.

I admit I am fond of Grataan and I would forgive this as I do not believe Grataan was being malicious or hurting anyone intentionally. It sounds more like she exaggerated once then it either became fun or she had to carry on the lie. This is forgivable, in my book. And, hardly something that needs to be announced all over. This is not the same as a criminal act by any means.

And, Heinz, too many people on this board know me for me to make anything up so when I indicated I would say something to the OP if I got the chance you better believe it. I'm pretty known for not having any issue speaking my mind, in public or anywhere else. I am just up the road from Oregon after all and the shows up here we all go to
    The point is that she lied and may have led people to take her "vet" advice. If you didn't know any better and came on here to ask advice and a "vet" answered you then you just might follow their advice.

Dare stands for the company I work for and 1 was an after thought.

4 members found this post helpful.

Is that supposed to be some kind of veiled threat to "speak your mind" about me, or something? I know exactly where you're at, which is why I mentioned that we speculated about G/OP being in OR. In fact, The Knotted Pony shows up in my facebook feed, so at some point I must have "liked" your business page. We do frequent a lot of the same shows and I'm pretty sure I've recommended your services to people on more than one occasion.

My comment about getting your wish had nothing to do with you "making anything up" or having any issue (or not) speaking your mind. It was, simply, as stated - that the very thing you're complaining about the OP doing, making a public scene of someone's indiscretions, is what you're threatening to do to the OP.

For doing what she did.

Which would make you a hypocrite.

21 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerdog View Post
    So if Lex were a movie title...which one would it be?
    "10"?
    "The Black Stallion"?
    "Insidious"?
    Any other ideas?
    Well, since I thought Lex was a woman, I'd have to say "Victor, Victoria" or "Tootsie"

Is that supposed to be some kind of veiled threat to "speak your mind" about me, or something? I know exactly where you're at, which is why I mentioned that we speculated about G/OP being in OR. In fact, The Knotted Pony shows up in my facebook feed, so at some point I must have "liked" your business page. We do frequent a lot of the same shows and I'm pretty sure I've recommended your services to people on more than one occasion.

My comment about getting your wish had nothing to do with you "making anything up" or having any issue (or not) speaking your mind. It was, simply, as stated - that the very thing you're complaining about the OP doing, making a public scene of someone's indiscretions, is what you're threatening to do to the OP.

For doing what she did.

Which would make you a hypocrite.
    Veiled threat? Seriously? I think this discussion has moved past the point of sane or logical debate. Heinz, I don't know you. Period. I have no interest in threatening you here or in person at Spring National or even down in Bend.

I have two Facebooks, the Knotted Pony is horse related only and is not a business page. It's for sharing and enjoying the horse scene around here and occasionally for others located farther away.

You are assuming that when I said I would say something that I would make a loud scene. I never said that I am saying that it is something that I would speak out about or say something directly to the person in question. I rarely feel the need for loud, dramatic attention-grabbing action unless it is done in fun.

And, I still think this is a forgivable offense and that the OP has an ulterior motive of most likely malicious intent.
    The Knotted Pony

2 members found this post helpful.

I recall that as well, ancient history as it is. And for the record, you can be my "self-proclaimed vet" any time...except you live a bit too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazzu View Post
    Well, Tamara will tell you that, back in the day, in rec.eq, I was accused of being a "self-proclaimed vet".

I was sufficiently taken with the phrase that I added it to my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfforgettable View Post
    I recall that as well, ancient history as it is. And for the record, you can be my "self-proclaimed vet" any time...except you live a bit too far away.
    I would have loved to have you train my colt.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Veiled threat? Seriously? I think this discussion has moved past the point of sane or logical debate. Heinz, I don't know you. Period. I have no interest in threatening you here or in person at Spring National or even down in Bend.
    Ok.

So you clearly didn't read this thread - since nearly HALF OF IT is insane, illogical drivel about LexInVA being hot, Colin Farrell, Colin Firth, Pickle Cupcakes, how people picked their usernames, whether or not there is or should be wine and popcorn, etc. "Past the point of sane or logical debate" was lost somewhere in the single-digit-pages.

I don't even know what "Spring National" is, so no worries about running into me there.

10 members found this post helpful.

A few of her posts mention internships with a practice and going to "conferences" - is that something vet techs normally do?
    That depends on what kind of practice you work for and your career goals are. I did have to do an internship for graduate tech school and have to go to so many hours of Continuing Education(in NC it's 12 hours every 2 years) to maintain your license. So the simple answer is yes. However many good techs are not registered, and therefore do not HAVE to do CE. I know equally as many horrible techs who ARE registered and do go to CE but could still not touch my animal with a 10 ft pole.

The part I find very unfortunate is that a knowledgeable tech giving advice on this forum would be as well respected as a DVM, because the value of the advice is still limited to 'I think" or "it sounds like" but Graatan still felt she needed to lie(supposedly) in order to make herself more well respected. That makes me feel badly for her, assuming this is all true.
    You can't fix stupid.... but you can breed it!

I like your siggy, Horsegal.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

1 members found this post helpful.

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

This thread + Chocolate milkshake + Les Miz 25th Anniversary Concert on PBS + snoring corgis = BEST THURSDAY NIGHT EVER. (Feel slightly guilty it's at Grataan's expense though...)
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

Ok.

So you clearly didn't read this thread - since nearly HALF OF IT is insane, illogical drivel about LexInVA being hot, Colin Farrell, Colin Firth, Pickle Cupcakes, how people picked their usernames, whether or not there is or should be wine and popcorn, etc. "Past the point of sane or logical debate" was lost somewhere in the single-digit-pages.

I don't even know what "Spring National" is, so no worries about running into me there.

Okay, agreed. As long as you seriously don't think I was threatening to pop off at you at some shoe next year. Oh, Spring National is the horrible cold nasty show in Monroe in March. Don't go ever unless you can row your truck and trailer up the 405.

I just feel badly for Grataan...and disappointed in her. I also didn't really know Lex was a guy, I thought he was Alexa from Catchride.
    The Knotted Pony

Okay, agreed. As long as you seriously don't think I was threatening to pop off at you at some shoe next year. Oh, Spring National is the horrible cold nasty show in Monroe in March. Don't go ever unless you can row your truck and trailer up the 405.

I just feel badly for Grataan...and disappointed in her. I also didn't really know Lex was a guy, I thought he was Alexa from Catchride.
    Lordy no, I never go up there. I stick to events and dressage shows, the farthest north I generally go is to NWEC/Aspen/Caber. Plenty of dressage down this way (DevonWood, ODS, etc.) to keep me busy, too, so I stay in SW WA and OR. Can't afford much else, anyway!

You can pop off at me all you want as long as there is wine (or beer) to be had afterwards. I wish I was able to go to the area 7 annual meeting this winter, I hear there is an epic pub crawl taking place afterwards!

5 members found this post helpful.

I thought he was Alexa from Catchride.
    Oh no you didn't!
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc
    I just feel badly for Grataan...and disappointed in her.
    There's fibbing or exaggerating and then there's a pattern of lies about your whole life. You can choose to feel disappointed, but for other people, it is unforgivable. I don't know Graatan, but I really don't like people who lie. I, personally, don't consider it unforgivable, but I do consider it unforgettable. Fool me once and all that...
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

11 members found this post helpful.