The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am to have given someone's opinions my deep respect. To the point where I have recently posted defending Grataan, pointing out the the 'insulter' that she was a vet, and knowledgeable and respected member of this board. What is a shame is that she could be a kick ass vet tech and still have a lot of valuable knowledge to share based on first hand experience, no need to fabricate.

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    Colin Firth is quietly sexy...but man, I cant' stand watching him kiss someone on screen. Ugh...it looks entirely unpleasant.

Colin Farrel is in your face sexy. He also looks like a bleach shower would do him some good before you ever bring him into your house. That boy just seems like a petri dish of nasty
    I have a friend who refers to it as "the kind of dirty you can't wash off."

Colin F is good looking, but soooo unattractive to me.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

1 members found this post helpful.

cracker ... the article I saw called her a "filly"!

Jeeez.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

Quote Originally Posted by MMacallister View Post
    Cloudy, I would love to go that way with this paper, but sadly it is much more dry and boring. I have to argue that Oedipus exemplifies Aristotles definition of a tragic hero. I really thought about quoting Freud in there somewhere, but haven't figured out how to close the centuries gap.

How exactly do you know about dating the guy with the Oedipus complex?

To keep this on topic, I do now wonder more about graatan since she has not answered in 30 pages. I find it sad if this is true, but do think it need to be brought to light.
    A quick peek at her profile says that she hasn't logged on since yesterday morning. Doesn't mean that she isn't lurking, not logged in. Depending on how many people sent her nasty-grams, I'm sure her e-mail is blowing up and she's afraid to log on. I don't really blame her.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by MMacallister View Post
    How exactly do you know about dating the guy with the Oedipus complex?
    guys-plural. I'm not Cloudy and HMMV, but ... WHO do you think does all the cougar chasing?

I had to move to the land of retirees to find someone age-appropriate to date!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AllWeatherGal View Post
    cracker ... the article I saw called her a "filly"!

Jeeez.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/c...white-stallion

Well in these pictures you can definitely see some equipment but I am sure they use multiple horses so maybe there is a mare too?

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Oh gosh no! Lex is poster #10069 on Amazon.com. Only thing he's wearing is a speedo and a grin.
    Holy Cow! You know, just for kicks, I googled "#10069 on Amazon.com" and the first page was mostly links to uninteresting (to me) stuff ... but cloudy's post of just an hour ago was on the FIRST PAGE of returns!

SEO people -- eat yer hearts out!

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerdog View Post
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/c...white-stallion

Well in these pictures you can definitely see some equipment but I am sure they use multiple horses so maybe there is a mare too?
    You're right ... not all the parts, but some of 'em. Sheesh ... can't believe anything ya read nuhmore!

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    A quick peek at her profile says that she hasn't logged on since yesterday morning. Doesn't mean that she isn't lurking, not logged in. Depending on how many people sent her nasty-grams, I'm sure her e-mail is blowing up and she's afraid to log on. I don't really blame her.
    Why would people send her nasty pm's? I mean if she really isn't a vet, it's a bummer, sad, disturbing, pick your favorite word, but nothing to get evil about. If I were her I would definitely be embarrassed and I don't know if I would be able to show my name here again, but I would hope that people wouldn't be stringing up a rope and shoving flaming torches in my face.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    Heheee...wrong Colin. That's Mr. Firth. Mr. Farrell is a bit more...unkempt...but WAY sexier than Mr. Firth.
    You are all quite right - I mixed up my Colin F's! (Someday I may wake up and smell the pop culture)!

Neh, Firth is sexier and classier.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerdog View Post
    Why would people send her nasty pm's? I mean if she really isn't a vet, it's a bummer, sad, disturbing, pick your favorite word, but nothing to get evil about. If I were her I would definitely be embarrassed and I don't know if I would be able to show my name here again, but I would hope that people wouldn't be stringing up a rope and shoving flaming torches in my face.
    Who knows. The same people who e-mail the CL horrors? It was just a guess. Hopefully she might apologize, I would be willing to forgive and forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I would too, Superminion. I like Grataan. She has a fun sense of humor! I don't know the whys or wheres but I will say that the OP is [out of line] in my book. Why could she not approach Grataan either in person or by email/PM and ask her what was up with the making things up? Was it REALLY necessary to try and embarrass her in front of all of us??

It is one thing to make up a persona complete with fake job credentials (and no I am not excusing or downplaying Grataans poor decision here) but it is an entirely separate sort of evil and maliciousness to try and hurt, embarrass, and publicly humiliate someone.

Shame on the OP!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: language
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    I would too, Superminion. I like Grataan. She has a fun sense of humor! I don't know the whys or wheres but I will say that the OP is [out of line] in my book. Why could she not approach Grataan either in person or by email/PM and ask her what was up with the making things up? Was it REALLY necessary to try and embarrass her in front of all of us??

It is one thing to make up a persona complete with fake job credentials (and no I am not excusing or downplaying Grataans poor decision here) but it is an entirely separate sort of evil and maliciousness to try and hurt, embarrass, and publicly humiliate someone.

Shame on the OP!!!!!!!
    The OP DID do that and came here as a last resort.

Oh, and I compete in Combined Driving and my real name is in my sig line as is my husband's website. And I really do live in Sisters, OR.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: quote
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

7 members found this post helpful.

As a last resort??? You mean like "We fired the CEO as a last resort" or, "We had to bomb the rioters with tear gas as a last resort?". Please. It's a horsie BB, not National Security. Grataan is not the first and will not be the last to pretend online.

The OP had an axe to grind and found an audience. Congrats. I hope she comes out west, I would love to dig into and announce her past indiscretions LOL!
    The Knotted Pony

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    No. Endospink was in race horse training, lived in Japan, and did "The Tap". I remember him well because I made a joke about him using it on a donkey. "Tapping that ass" it were.
    LMAO! Too funny! He seemed like a nice fellow But I wonder if he is still tappin' that ass hehehe.

Anyways good avoidance on the pics lexy baby.... Give this country gal a face to the name, the sharks smell blood and are starting to circle! We really should have a spin off thread on OT day about putting a face to the name thread. Of only I knew how to post pics on coth, I don't have FB.

yes, ole Endo (Pinky), wasn't he DancingLites boyfriend or stalkee?? I can't believe Catchride closed but seriously, it probably should be closed.
    The Knotted Pony

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    As a last resort??? You mean like "We fired the CEO as a last resort" or, "We had to bomb the rioters with tear gas as a last resort?". Please. It's a horsie BB, not National Security. Grataan is not the first and will not be the last to pretend online.

The OP had an axe to grind and found an audience. Congrats. I hope she comes out west, I would love to dig into and announce her past indiscretions LOL!
    Sounds like you have an axe to grind. The OP was simply letting others know about her vet status.

24 members found this post helpful.

I don't know the OP, from here or IRL. No axe here but I am very sure of my opinion on her behavior!

*Oh, it's you stolenvirtue, go find someone else to "thumbs down" and whine at LOL!! This isn't OT Day, it's not political, and quite honestly, I really think you just like to disagree. Which is fine, but it has no influence on my opinion LOL!!
    Last edited by twotrudoc; Dec. 6, 2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: noticed it was stolenvirtue :)
    The Knotted Pony

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am to have given someone's opinions my deep respect. To the point where I have recently posted defending Grataan, pointing out the the 'insulter' that she was a vet, and knowledgeable and respected member of this board. What is a shame is that she could be a kick ass vet tech and still have a lot of valuable knowledge to share based on first hand experience, no need to fabricate.
    I remember you doing this and thinking that I was glad that you said something. I still think I would rather give people the benefit of the doubt that they would be honest unless something struck me as odd in their posts. Eventually the house of cards falls down.

I also wonder if part of being able to lie on the internet is easier (besides the anonymous usernames) is because we can't read body language or intonations of the speaker. Sometimes you meet people in person who just give you an uneasy feeling about them. I would think that horse people should be pretty adept at reading body language because of the 1000# animals we deal with.

I wonder how many of these internet liars we would be able to ferret out if we had the chance to meet with them and spend time with them in person?

Spoled Savannah boys plural who had domineering and rich mothers. And fathers who were blah. And the Savannah guys admitted having oedipal complexes! Then I moved to Atlanta where all the guys plural had issues with their fathers not loving them. I don't know what that syndrome is but it requires a lot of sympathy.

I always laughed at abnormal psych in college. Then I got out in the real world. It's worse than the case studies!

OK so work all the issues in there. I don't remember much about Jocaster's (is that spelled correctly>) husband, but he was probably like the fathers of the guys here in Savannah. If he'd been domineering, then Oedipus would have had all that angst about his father not loving him.

I escaped the electra complex by having a father who demanded perfection.
    So I refused to date guys in engineering or virgo birthdays.

I have gotten a PM saying that Lex is up for the spot as the next "Old Spice" man. I will volunteer Cloudy to be his "white" mount. Wait, wait! Is Lex a Scorpio? Didn't someone say he had a birthday recently? Scorpios are, well, if you've dated one, you know how.........nevermind!

ETA: So should OP have just let it go and let people think for years on coth that Gratann is/was a vet? I don't think so. But again, the whistleblower gets flamed.
    Last edited by cloudyandcallie; Dec. 6, 2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: add ETA

4 members found this post helpful.