The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

This thread is hilarious. Never mind Venn diagrams -- you need to use advanced multivariate statistics to understand the major trends in the data here.

So far the topics are:

1) Grataan's alleged online impersonation of a vet
    2) Lex's stalker
    3) Lex's general man-beef awesomeness
    4) Reese's non-man-beef-awesomeness
    5) COTHers known IRL
    6) the origin of usernames
    7) e e cummings' poetry
    8) the relative merits of the Maryland and NC horse scene
    7) See U at X's vile and repulsive COTHer (who may or may not be part of points 2-6).

Does that cover it? Holy cat-herding, batman!

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by propspony View Post
    Well, if that happens... one of my very good friends lives in Birmingham and works at the university there. She'd probably be a great resource to help you get situated. Not a horse person, but just plain all-around freakin' awesome. And she can make a mean bodice/corset from scratch too! ;-)
    I will remember you. *steely eye*

The Army Gods are whispering that we'll only be in KY 6-8(ish) months, before heading to Ft. Rucker so the Mr. can learn to fly helicopters... but often the gods have a sense of humor and we will probably end up in Guam. I hate snakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

2 members found this post helpful.

And since we've already had several posts on e. e. cummings including the entire poem in question, I'll throw in a little Shakespeare for a different flavor of literature, as variety is the spice of life. My favorite speech from Henry V, the king rallying his troops before the battle of Agincourt. Note the horse - HR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    YAY! About grad school...

Boo that the Army decided to ship us to KY... although word through the grape vine is that Alabama is in our future. I'd prefer awesome horse people over Army installation.
    And there is a COTHer who is an excellent horsewoman and all around nice person who lives in Alabama - her screen name here is ClassynIvvansmom. or maybe Classyand Ivansmom. Sadly Ivan is deceased but Classy Lady appears to be a pretty awesome horse.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    Great Scots, you've actually met her?!? I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard the words "like" and "You know what I mean?" come out of her mouth. I'd be a freakin' millionaire. Please tell me that you've met the trainer, too? I tried PM'ing you all the dirt I have, but I assume you have to block PMs and such since you're our resident 100% certified choice man-beef.
    OK, lest there be any misunderstanding, which I think there may have been, I'm not talking about Reese here. This was meant to be a sarcastic, bitchy comment about the "vile person" I was referring to earlier. It was my bad, as I misunderstood who Lex was referring to...I thought that perhaps he had figured out who the "vile person" was based upon some of my previous comments.

So, to clear things up, Reese is WONDERFUL and "vile person" is still...well, pretty vile.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Yes, she is. There are a few gems I've managed to find in the large pile of manure around here.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

3 members found this post helpful.

I've heard for years from many people that Lex is the greatest!

And I want to try the baker's anmonia for baking.

The barns at the big army installation over near Enterprise, Ala., are great. And they have shows and eventing there as well. Lots of good horse owners there, including 2 of my friends.

I will remember you. *steely eye*

The Army Gods are whispering that we'll only be in KY 6-8(ish) months, before heading to Ft. Rucker so the Mr. can learn to fly helicopters... but often the gods have a sense of humor and we will probably end up in Guam. I hate snakes.
    You won't be far at all from Judy Pirtle's if you end up at Fort Rucker.

http://www.sucaroridge.com/pirtle.html

The font on the site is TINY but she's a great horsewoman.

Bare Bones Farm in Shorter, AL does some fun fun fun Dressage, CT, jumping shows each year- the owner is just as charming as can be, she has the shows at her farm, and everyone has a great time. She just does it well, you know?

I'm up the road a bit, but if you're here sooner then look me up at the AHC Horse Fair in January. I'll be there with BDCTA.

I'm Katarine, and I'm in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Been there, sure miserable.
    Don't expect to feel like dancing for a few weeks.
    Just ease back with the living slowly.
    Take care, it can be really serious if you don't.
    Now Bluey, are you really truly qualified to tell me to take it easy??

Thanks- I am- back to work Monday. Got another steroid shot today and I'm puttering on the sofa again. Or is it putering???

Wow. Y'all rock.

We will be in KY 6 months at the minimum. We check out of here in Feb. We're waiting for a spot to open for him... or a class... or something. All the jargon I do not understand....

Yay for friends.
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    I'm not trying to be a total limp cucumber here, but I just think that if someone has done something like this, there's more going on behind the scenes and the LAST thing they need is a witch hunt.

You just never know if your words or actions could be the difference between someone being okay and someone taking extreme measures.

If none of us have been harmed, and there's not actionable measure to take as a result, then taking note and moving on is probably the best to be done. For us and for the person in question. I would hate to think that I contributed to someone spiraling down over something like this where we should all have our antennae up and doing our own due diligence.

If no harm has been done, then best to let it go IMHO. Graatan has given a lot of good advice from what I've seen--though I've not been here that long--but what do we as a group have to gain from a witch hunt? Me? Nothing. <shrugs>

I'm more concerned about the human being who is perpetuating a myth and is tied up in it. THat means we have a hurt/sick person. And a hurt/sick person needs empathy and kindness. Not an attack. If we all know the truth (assuming it is) then we can protect ourselves from bad advice--which we should do anyway--but I see little evidence of anything actionable or harmful really.

That's just me though. I respect others' reactions.
    I am right there with you. I think this is one of the best posts ever on this board.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

I'm not actually a shining wizard.

I'm a pretty dull one.

Actually - the "shining wizard" is a professional wrestling move and that is where it comes from...I used to be huge into following WWE (don't judge).

"255" is my lucky number.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Does that mean the spectacular buck that my dd's barrel mare does at the first of her runs is really an "air above the ground" manuever meant to bring dressage-y class to a barrel race?

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    I'm Marilyn Monroe!!
    ROFLMAO
    Fine, then I am Jane Russell...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnalli View Post
    Fine, then I am Jane Russell...
    Oh! Oh! Can I be a VS model if we're playing a game... DH has mucho lust for those ladies.

I think that the only reason this thread hasn't been shut down yet is because the Powers that Be are also awaiting a peek of Lex's beefiness.

6 members found this post helpful.

What an awesome thread! My name is boring. My mare is a Sabino. Lost a frew brain cells thinking up that one.

I don't post much on here, but have been lurking for years. Don't know anyone in person (that I know of), I actually spend more time at a different forum where I have met many members in real life. I do recognize quite a few people here that are on the other forum as well, but my user name is different here than there so they probably wouldn't know.

Lex looks almost exactly like Colin Farrell. I think that's the actor's name.

He's also a good photographer.

The COTH members I've been have all been the real deal - very nice people who are what they say they are. I've made several really good friends.

see u at x has been very kind not to mention that when I invited her over for dinner, my dog spent the entire time under the table.

Farting. Really bad ones, too. I was mortified.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    Lex looks almost exactly like Colin Farrell. I think that's the actor's name.

He's also a good photographer.

The COTH members I've been have all been the real deal - very nice people who are what they say they are. I've made several really good friends.

see u at x has been very kind not to mention that when I invited her over for dinner, my dog spent the entire time under the table.

Farting. Really bad ones, too. I was mortified.

Like this guy:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0268199/

<feint>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

All this CoTH mid-week bonding is giving me the very bestest warm and fuzzy feeling.

6 members found this post helpful.

Oh! Oh! Can I be a VS model if we're playing a game... DH has mucho lust for those ladies.

I think that the only reason this thread hasn't been shut down yet is because the Powers that Be are also awaiting a peek of Lex's beefiness.
    I can't believe how much this thread has grown in just a couple of days!

I don't think I've met any COTHers in real life. I'm unfortunately not much into the horse scene IRL these days, which was a big part of why I joined COTH in the first place...I really missed talking about horses.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05