The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

I missed the sarcastic tone of the brilliant supermodel because I read it (and began my reply) right after your post about Reese being wonderful I thought Lex was agreeing not changing the subject Having read the additional page of comments that appeared in between that and my reply, it's all becoming clear now!
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

1 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Yeah, sometimes you need a damn Venn diagram to follow the discussions on this board.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Yes, I was out last night so I missed whatever you posted about the person and this trainer since your post was gone when I came back home.
    How dare you have a life! You mean you weren't hanging out at home watching "Law & Order: SVU" and repeat episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" on TBS like a "normal" person?!?
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

I actually do that during the day believe it or not. Great way to pass the time at work. Watching a Godzilla movie right now.

3 members found this post helpful.

Cloudyandcallie--The t-shirt without sleeves is called a "wife beater"

I pass the time at work on here
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate66 View Post

The crazy thing is that if Grataan is a vet tech, I would still be listening to their advice.
    OK, I was wondering if she even passed vet TECH school - she just doled out advice on another thread, yesterday, to someone who's horse had a seizure, to check the neck and get cervical imaging done. Even I know seizures (neuronal misfiring in the brain) have nothing to do with the spine and that bit of ignorance was pretty jaw dropping, as others on the thread echoed "yeah, check the neck". Fortunately the OP in that thread is taking the horse to her university vet clinic and NOT following the advice of Grataan or anyone else on the board, except to take the horse to her university vet clinic.

She still has "dairy veterinarian" listed as her occupation on her profile.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Yeah, sometimes you need a damn Venn diagram to follow the discussions on this board.
    Less Venn Diagram, more flow chart and wine.

I just got re-caught up and now I'm all confused, but it beats cleaning my house and doing laundry like I should be to fulfill my 'good little housewife' status.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Except, trauma to the skull/cervical spine CAN cause neuro symptoms.

just a simple google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=equi...ient=firefox-a

just sayin'
    Last edited by Timex; Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: add link
    Different Times Equestrian Ventures at Hidden Spring Ranch
    www.DifferentTimesEquestrianVentures.com

9 members found this post helpful.

Wow, finally caught up on my lunch break! Where to begin? So many topics to discuss on one thread...

1. Grataan - too bad if true - always associated her username with "gratin" as in apple

2. e.e. cummings - ick - i need to read "plain" English, cuz I'm speshul!

3. I've met several COTHers IRL and they've all been wonderful - Wateryglen, in particular, loves to tell of the first time she met me - I was doing the nasty - not THAT nasty - (peeing - get your minds out of the gutter) - in the back of Hunters Rest's trailer before an ODH hunt.

4. Lex, do you actually ride, or are you just a smart guy who knows where all the ladies are!

Did I leave out a topic? Please continue this thread, cuz I don't have any plans tonight and I've got a nice bottle chilling in the wine fridge.

I ride with friends and family but I do not partake in any of the horse sports at this point in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by ridingagain View Post
    4. Lex, do you actually ride, or are you just a smart guy who knows where all the ladies are!
    **SNORT** ... "ladies". No offense to you, I or any other CoTHers, but THIS is not the place I would hang out to find a nice (sane) lady friend On the other hand, for all I know, this place could be tame compared to internet dating sites....

On a related train of thought there was a guy "friending" all the gals on the FB Sidesaddle Riders group. I guess he was turned on by all the whips and corsettes.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    Great Scots, you've actually met her?!? I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard the words "like" and "You know what I mean?" come out of her mouth. I'd be a freakin' millionaire. Please tell me that you've met the trainer, too? I tried PM'ing you all the dirt I have, but I assume you have to block PMs and such since you're our resident 100% certified choice man-beef.
    I have you both beat. I had the pleasure of watching Reese grow up from a precocious 10 year old to the super woman she is today. She is only 1 of 2 COTHER's I can positively say I know - although I'm sure there are a few out there who know who I am despite my super human efforts to keep my identity secret. ;D

See U at X: Since we're in the same area please PM me about the vile COTHER so that I can avoid, avoid, avoid. I don't think we've met, so hopefully it is not me. I only know one local person that I consider totally vile - also concerning a 'forever home', but I don't know if she's on COTH.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

I'm so bored with this thread, since "Dr." G hasn't shown up. Maybe she was "on call" last night?

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Timex View Post
    Except, trauma to the skull/cervical spine CAN cause neuro symptoms.
    Yes! Thank you for posting this. We had a great seminar on this very topic at my vets a couple of years back. Neuro symptoms can be caused by lots of things.

Reese is clearly becoming the person to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    No offense to you, I or any other CoTHers, but THIS is not the place I would hang out to find a nice (sane) lady friend On the other hand, for all I know, this place could be tame compared to internet dating sites....
    I believe they were speaking more about being around horses in general and at this point, I don't have much of anything to do with the local horse scene and it's players because of the people I met, the things I saw, and what I experienced, though I pop up from time to time. Quite frankly, I saw far more bad than good and it made me realize that I should spend my time, money, and energy on things that can truly make me happy in life instead of just trying to squeeze blood from a stone. Hence, I got a dog.

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Quote Originally Posted by Event4Life View Post
    Welcome to the Triangle Area! I've not been here long but have met some pretty awesome horse people in a short amount of time. Feel free to drop me a PM or something when you get settled in .
    Where is this magical NC research triangle with awesome horse people of which you speak? Heading to grad school in the next year or two and compiling schools. (been looking at grad school for years, but THIS time it's actually going to HAPPEN!)
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

Timex, yes cervical problems can cause neuro symptoms, often severe, but not seizures. Identifying if something was a seizure not always straight forward. I do live out west, just not as OUT west as much of California. IRL I actually am a neurosurgeon, so will answer general questions, but never give medical advice online!

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by propspony View Post
    Where is this magical NC research triangle with awesome horse people of which you speak? Heading to grad school in the next year or two and compiling schools. (been looking at grad school for years, but THIS time it's actually going to HAPPEN!)
    YAY! About grad school...

Boo that the Army decided to ship us to KY... although word through the grape vine is that Alabama is in our future. I'd prefer awesome horse people over Army installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    YAY! About grad school...

Boo that the Army decided to ship us to KY... although word through the grape vine is that Alabama is in our future. I'd prefer awesome horse people over Army installation.
    Well, if that happens... one of my very good friends lives in Birmingham and works at the university there. She'd probably be a great resource to help you get situated. Not a horse person, but just plain all-around freakin' awesome. And she can make a mean bodice/corset from scratch too! ;-)
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....