The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    Does any one know if "said accused" even knows this thread exists?
    It'd be a cosmic disaster if they didn't know about it already. I don't see how they couldn't.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ybiaw View Post
    My name's an acronym, you guys.

It was actually YBIAF, but then I forgot my password and couldn't retrieve it because I also lost the password to the email account, so I changed it to YBIAW but all lower case because I'm a REBEL.
    without being too stalkerish, I'll admit that I've puzzled over your username more than once... what a relief to finally understand it!!

Your Body is a Frisbee would be an AWESOME show name, IMHO.

My username comes from my beloved retired grumpy old fart of a mare, Fargo. Fargaloo is just one of the obnoxious names I call her -- it's fun to yodel "fargaloooooooo!!!" at her just to see her expression of disgust.

1 members found this post helpful.

ybiaw: I thought it was code for an airport somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    Great Scots, you've actually met her?!? I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard the words "like" and "You know what I mean?" come out of her mouth. I'd be a freakin' millionaire. Please tell me that you've met the trainer, too? I tried PM'ing you all the dirt I have, but I assume you have to block PMs and such since you're our resident 100% certified choice man-beef.
    We haven't met in the formal sense but we have interacted online and we have a roundabout connection through social networks and such as I am familiar with others who know her in the same way that many local horse folk know one another in passing. The joys of the Internet and what have you. As for the trainer, I don't know who you are talking about without having seen whatever it is you are putting forth but I do have quite a list of local bad apples based on stuff I've dug up and seen with my own eyes, so I wouldn't be surprised if some names match up with what you know/have experienced with a particular person. I could tell you some stuff about certain notable locals that might make your mouth hang on the floor for a few minutes. I have my PM's locked to my buddy list so nobody outside of those on the list can PM me but ReeseTheBeast can quickly forward me the info if you think it's something worth sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    We haven't met in the formal sense but we have interacted online and we have a roundabout connection through social networks and such as I am familiar with others who know her in the same way that many local horse folk know one another in passing. The joys of the Internet and what have you. As for the trainer, I don't know who you are talking about without having seen whatever it is you are putting forth but I do have quite a list of local bad apples based on stuff I've dug up and seen with my own eyes, so I wouldn't be surprised if some names match up with what you know/have experienced with a particular person. I could tell you some stuff about certain notable locals that might make your mouth hang on the floor for a few minutes. I have my PM's locked to my buddy list so nobody outside of those on the list can PM me but ReeseTheBeast can quickly forward me the info if you think it's something worth sharing.
    Excellent. I will ask her to do so. Thanks!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodsRider View Post
    I will happily offer to teach a side course in the "arabian paiffe" -- how to teach an elderly arabians to never walk under saddle again...
    I started out with one that piaffes when tied to the trailer. Makes the rest of the program completely unnecessary!
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    I am certainly happy to PM the details of my deleted post to anyone who is really interested.
    Your PM box is full --
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by ambar View Post
    Your PM box is full --
    Sorry, I've deleted some messages so it shouldn't be full anymore. Will PM you now!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Remember that you can also save your messages to your computer as a file and then clean out your inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Come Shine View Post
    Haha, I wish! Maybe I should change it to PBIDFWMSPSEAGEGSLCRNOLAX in honor of all the travel I did this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    without being too stalkerish, I'll admit that I've puzzled over your username more than once... what a relief to finally understand it!!
    Hahahaha....creeper.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Remember that you can also save your messages to your computer as a file and then clean out your inbox.
    Thank you, I didn't realize that. Very good to know, and this is why I need so many smart friends, because I'm incompetent with technical issues and gadgetry all on my own! I was an English/Rhetoric major...'nuff said.

It'd be a cosmic disaster if they didn't know about it already. I don't see how they couldn't.

Well, her profile shows she hasn't been on the board (logged in anyway) since yesterday morning, and then she posted on the Eventing forum. If that was the only thing she read, then yes it is certainly possible.
    Last edited by saje; Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM.

Wait, I though Lex was talking about Reese, was he talking about the fruit fly?
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    Well, her profile shows she hasn't been on the board (logged in anyway) since yesterday morning, and then she posted on the Eventing forum. If that was the only thing she read, then yes it is certainly possible.
    I myself missed this thread for a whole day. Had you been talking about ME I would have completely missed it....

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    Wait, I though Lex was talking about Reese, was he talking about the fruit fly?
    Post #459 was about ReeseTheBeast as was the beginning of #464.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    I myself missed this thread for a whole day. Had you been talking about ME I would have completely missed it....
    Which has now made me wonder. p'raps I should search the forum for my own name to make sure you aren't....

5 members found this post helpful.

Post #459 was about ReeseTheBeast as was the beginning of #464.
    Ah, my bad! I thought you had figured out the other person I was talking about. None of the things I said were about ReeseTheBeast...she is fabulous and I didn't mean to imply otherwise!

You all do not know me, but I have been stalking you for years

Confession 1: I've secretly enjoyed popcorn and wine with you all on many, many occasions.

Confession 2: I don't post much, because although I'm pretty outgoing IRL I'm painfully shy on the internet.

Confession 3: Despite my username, I've never "actually" followed a white rabbit down a hole. **hangs head in shame at my deception** I am quite sure that hookah-smoking caterpillar I met in college was real...
    "I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy. My reality is just different from yours."
    ~Lewis Carroll

10 members found this post helpful.

Yes, I was out last night so I missed whatever you posted about the person and this trainer since your post was gone when I came back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Come Shine View Post
    I always thought it had something to do with a cat.