The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara in TN View Post
    well I guess everyone knows who I am ....
    as for the exact moniker it dates back to about 1991 -or 2 to the AOHell
    boards...there was great chatter then on the walking horse boards about various things and people were a little too quick to tell me to shut up until I added "in TN" to my name and explained that I grew up 1000 feet thru the woods to one of the nastiest sore likkers of the day and then spent my formative years skirting them :>
    anyway...I grew up on Req Equestrian(old Usenet) where anon postings were viewed with disdain and if you were man enough to say something, you used your real name to do it for the most part.
    so there you go.
    LOL, I never ventured much into the walking forums on AOL...ah, good times...when AOL was the gold standard, not a running joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

As an E E Cummings fan, I already had meupatdoes figured out, but I am still puzzleing a bit over goeslikestink

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    As an E E Cummings fan, I already had meupatdoes figured out, but I am still puzzleing a bit over goeslikestink
    goes like stink is a Brit slang term for something pretty darn fast.
    (but I don't think the intention was to end up with a COTH abbreviation of 'Stinky' in the end...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by drmgncolor View Post
    Nope, still don't believe in the sexiness of Lex... without proof. Does he really exist? It's kind of like Santa Claus. I mean, there are several on here who claim to have met Lex, but my mom, dad and sister all claimed they had met Santa Claus and I am still in therapy over that one.
    Yes, totally! We need proof. Please.

3 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    Mine are like a Patriot PAC-3 missile. Fortunately I worked on that upgrade and know how to misalign the radar occasionally The "show post to all but" option is your friend, and if you use it sparingly they'll never notice

Reese, I'm sorry we've never met! I place myself firmly in the nice, non-c*#tish Maryland horse community. Unfortunately, as of tomorrow I'll be trying to find that group in the Research Triangle of North Carolina
    Welcome to the Triangle Area! I've not been here long but have met some pretty awesome horse people in a short amount of time. Feel free to drop me a PM or something when you get settled in .
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    goes like stink is a Brit slang term for something pretty darn fast.
    (but I don't think the intention was to end up with a COTH abbreviation of 'Stinky' in the end...)
    I thought I'd heard it used like that, and I do admit I abbreviate it to Stinky in my own mind as well. I don't think Stinky is the kind of gal who would worry too much about that.

I think some people think of me as SmartA$$. SmartAlex was actually my most favorite horse ever. Although I think I owned him for the shortest amount of time of any.

Quote Originally Posted by Event4Life View Post
    Welcome to the Triangle Area! I've not been here long but have met some pretty awesome horse people in a short amount of time. Feel free to drop me a PM or something when you get settled in .
    Thanks E4L, I'll do that.
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    I think some people think of me as SmartA$$. SmartAlex was actually my most favorite horse ever. Although I think I owned him for the shortest amount of time of any.
    I always thought you meant it like smart-aleck, what you'd say if you wanted to call someone a smart-ass in front of your grandmother. Great horse name.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Unforgettable is my horse, so named because he was born with a huge white belly spot, which would make him stick out like a sore thumb in the show ring (Arab). I had the mods change my handle after I posted details about a creepy local horse abuser sex fiend that had been released...I used to post under my real name (Sharon Potter). I'm pretty much exactly who I say I am...my life has had enough adventure without having to make some up.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Yes, totally! We need proof. Please.
    I second this emotion. Please post pix of you on horse.
    Just to keep it horse-related, of course.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nasalberry View Post
    I second this emotion. Please post pix of you on horse.
    Just to keep it horse-related, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

My name's an acronym, you guys.

It was actually YBIAF, but then I forgot my password and couldn't retrieve it because I also lost the password to the email account, so I changed it to YBIAW but all lower case because I'm a REBEL.

It came about as a joke on the song Your Body Is A Wonderland (YBIAW) by John Mayer...my horse's show name was Wonderland....barn name Frisbee....so I used to call the song Your Body Is A Frisbee (YBIAF).

I hate "ybiaw" a whole lot....but figure its better to keep the name than to start over as a greenie on this board!!!
    Everyone is running from something. Especially this person I'm chasing.

Does any one know if "said accused" even knows this thread exists?
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

I just opened this thread -- who knew such fun was going on? My entire COTH existence is a lie. I do have a tractor, but it is a JD and I do not spell with a Russian accent.

We did, however, own a Ford when I was growing up, before the entire family turned green. At least one COTHer boards her horse at my dad's farm, but she arrived after the blue one left so you have to take my word for it. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    Does any one know if "said accused" knows this thread exists?
    I would assume that "said accused" has been sent PMs by people wanting her to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Event4Life View Post
    Same to both of you! Always love meeting new horse people.
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

Quote Originally Posted by ReeseTheBeast View Post
    But see u at x, what about me? I'm heartbroken that you failed to regale the COTH crowd with the tale about the first time we met! You remember, how we went to The Noodle Co. for lunch, and then to Starbucks for dessert (I ordered a Green Tea Frap, with whipped cream). And about how our "lunch date," which we had assumed would be maybe an hour or so out of our respective days; turned into 5+ hours of talking and talking and talking- about anything and EVERYTHING! And then literally as we were getting up to finally leave Starbucks, a MASSIVE thunderstorm with seriously torrential rain rolled up on us; at which point we decided to sit back down and continue chatting until it passed

I have a horrible memory, and forget a lot of things... but I will never forget that day; or remembering how I thought to myself, "hey, not every horse person in this area is a bitchy, nasty, lying c*nt... this girl is *real*!;" and being so grateful that we met.

And I agree with Lex!!! I'm dying of curiosity now... c u at x, please do PM me with the details that you deleted from your post... I totally missed that; and even though I no longer ride, I'm still nosy as hell
    PM sent!

Reese-riffic, I'm so glad you reminded me...please forgive my old age and memory lapse! My only excuse besides old age is that I typed that message while in a hurry yesterday so I missed not only you, but a few other wonderful COTHers as well. You are right, though, in that our first meeting was a totally memorable and cool experience! I'm was very concerned that you might be horrible and stuck up and not nearly as cool as you came across online, but my worries were for nothing. Deep down, I have remnants of the shy, awkward, and self-conscious kid that I used to be, so I was very worried that you would think I was a complete dork or loser. You are truly one of the few bright, shining, and awesome horse people in Southern Maryland (at least that I've met, anyway), and I am forever grateful for your friendship.

I have to tell you guys how awesome Reese is. When I had to put my beloved 15 y.o. cat to sleep a few months ago, Reese met me and my boyfriend at the vet's office for moral support. I had him his entire life and this was my first time putting an animal to sleep, so it was very difficult. It really meant the world to me that she got up early on a Saturday morning to be there with us, especially because she wasn't feeling well! For as hilarious and badass as she comes across to most of the world, she has the best heart and is one of the kindest and sweetest people I know.

Regarding the not-so-nice person I mentioned previously, as I said, her name has already been stated on this thread. Usually her posting has to do with providing a "forever home," which is a crock of s**t.
    Last edited by see u at x; Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    I do. not. want. people from work to be FaceBook friends with me. I don't mean the folks I actually become friends with, I mean plain co-workers. So they say hey, I'll friend you and I say sure. But my FB is under Josie. And they never find me. Nor do prospective employers. I have never posted about my job or a co-worker but I give more glimpses into my personality and beliefs on FB than I want the office to have!
    Totally with you on the co-workers thing. For that matter, I won't FB friend anyone I see on a daily/weekly basis. I reserve FB for people/family who live far from me. I figure I already know all I want (or in the case of my co-workers, far more than I want to know) about people I see daily/weekly. I do not need or want to know what they put on FB on a daily basis. My FB profile is also set to "non searchable" so no one can find me without my permission. I do keep a separate FB account under my maiden name (which I almost never update). The main purpose of that one was to try to find a university friend who I'd lost touch with after she moved following her wedding. Some HS friends (I moved away after HS) actually found me that way, and I have friended them, and do check that FB account once a month or so.

I'm honest with the co-workers/local friends who want to friend me though. I just tell them, "I don't FB friend anyone I see every day. I already know too much about you!" No one seems to be bothered by that.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    PM sent!

Reese-riffic, I'm so glad you reminded me...please forgive my old age and memory lapse! My only excuse besides old age is that I typed that message while in a hurry yesterday so I missed not only you, but a few other wonderful COTHers as well. You are right, though, in that our first meeting was a totally memorable and cool experience! I'm was very concerned that you might be horrible and stuck up and not nearly as cool as you came across online, but my worries were for nothing. Deep down, I have remnants of the shy, awkward, and self-conscious kid that I used to be, so I was very worried that you would think I was a complete dork or loser. You are truly one of the few bright, shining, and awesome horse people in Southern Maryland (at least that I've met, anyway), and I am forever grateful for your friendship.

I have to tell you guys how awesome Reese is. When I had to put my beloved 15 y.o. cat to sleep a few months ago, Reese met me and my boyfriend at the vet's office for moral support. I had him his entire life and this was my first time putting an animal to sleep, so it was very difficult. It really meant the world to me that she got up early on a Saturday morning to be there with us, especially because she wasn't feeling well! For as hilarious and badass as she comes across to most of the world, she has the best heart and is one of the kindest and sweetest people I know.

Regarding the not-so-nice person I mentioned previously, as I said, her name has already been stated on this thread. Usually her posting has to do with providing a "forever home," which is a crock of s**t.
    Yeah, she is quite the catch that one. Super-Model good looks, a heart as big as a McMansion, and the vocabulary of a rocket scientist. A very rare combination of qualities in these parts.
    SPACE FOR RENT

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Yeah, she is quite the catch that one. Super-Model good looks, a heart as big as a McMansion, and the vocabulary of a rocket scientist. A very rare combination of qualities in these parts.
    Great Scots, you've actually met her?!? I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard the words "like" and "You know what I mean?" come out of her mouth. I'd be a freakin' millionaire. Please tell me that you've met the trainer, too? I tried PM'ing you all the dirt I have, but I assume you have to block PMs and such since you're our resident 100% certified choice man-beef.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."