The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by netg View Post
    I always thought Lex was female and Bluey was male. Shows how much attention I actually pay to posters rather than posts...
    Me too, that was a little bit of a mindwarp from this thread.

Can I out my sister? Her screenname is "Rescuepony"... while we do have a rescue, she rides a 17 hand Percheron/Morgan cross ... far from a pony!
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    ~ Maya Angelou

4 members found this post helpful.

I used to read me u pat (female deer) now it's just me up
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

Sorry double post! Too much wine and man beef
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

1 members found this post helpful.

Oh man, this is good. Do you think we'll get a response from She Whose Pants Are On Fire?
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

3 members found this post helpful.

ah, boo, no alters and drunk house guests....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I'm a chick. The "Ernie" comes from a joke in college, when someone tried to insult me by saying I looked like Ernest Bourgnine in drag.

Another confession: I don't actually look like Ernest Bourgnine in drag.

I do, however, have a big red rescue OTTB and an HR job in the horse world. I don't have the Appy anymore, though- he's now a therapy horse for a very nice family. My favourite colour is vodka, and I like rainy days, the number 8, and black licorice.

There- my conscience is clean.

7 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Not likely. From what I've seen with others, liars that live in such a manner will usually just keep on keeping on or just change up their game when confronted or outed.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

3 members found this post helpful.

we've got sand and rocks, and rocks and sand...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Raise View Post
    I just hope that you respect his life choices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eURhm7Q0Kw
    Teehee! This one is my favorite: Monty Python - Call me Loretta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c
    The ninja monkeys are plotting my demise as we speak....

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerdog View Post
    For some reason I always read meupatdoes as new potatoes. It's a weird brain glitch I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycjumper View Post
    meupatdoes I always read as meatandpotatoes , it's my Irish showing I suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Moopados sounds right to me.
    Heh - I tend to reach it as "Medusa"

And I am not in the least bit moody, although I AM a doctor, just not an MD. I am a PhD. And truthfully, as hard as I had to work to get that degree, it does rather torque me to have someone misrepresent themselves with it. I do understand the desire to represent oneself as a little different online, though. It's sad, but understandable when your life isn't that interesting.

6 members found this post helpful.

Default Do you mean "meander"

Quote Originally Posted by maunder View Post
    "maunder" actually means to wander aimlessly, which is what I like to do in the woods.
    I thought "maunder" was something about "drivel"?

I have enjoyed many of Grataans posts. I'm still not sure how I feel about this "outing".
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

I too thought long ago that Lex was not male....
    he corrected me. :>
    Last edited by Tamara in TN; Dec. 5, 2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: appalling syntax
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

4 members found this post helpful.

Wow, go off to fix dinner and what... 17 pages? Am I seeing this right? THis has to be the fastest growing thread ever.

Ah, I se now, started yesterday. How did I miss THIS?!? Beetlejuice has even had time to disappear completely.
    Last edited by SmartAlex; Dec. 5, 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    ME. TOO!

We could be great friends. I also enjoy your geese.

Thank you! I also really like my geese, they are funnier than most people I know and are always honest. Unlike the ducks who are always up to something.

this is exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    But she didn't confirm what we are all frantic to know: Is Lex in fact "100% Manbeef"????? Is he as hot and tasty as C&C mentioned?

I must confess to identity theft. I'm not Trevelyan - he died in 2005. And I'm not really a middle aged weenie rider - I'm actually a majikal horse trainer who knows how to turn a perfectly dead quiet OTTB into a fire breathing, herdbound, nutcase in 3 years or less. And for the low price of just $199.95 I can teach you how to do the same.

To seriously address the original subject of this thread. You can read this as advice, a warning, or an explanation. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I pretend to be one in real life or on the internet - but 11 years of working for big law firms has taught me this regarding allegations of a serious nature - like masquerading as a licensed professional. Whether innocent or guilty, say nothing until you've spoken with your attorney.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    I thought "maunder" was something about "drivel"?

I have enjoyed many of Grataans posts. I'm still not sure how I feel about this "outing".
    It also can mean "to speak in a rambling manner". I suppose that could mean drivel. I prefer the wandering connotation...but I'm still Spartacus.

7 members found this post helpful.

OK here's my issue with this: Suppose a newbie had come on coth and saw that Grataan was a vet. And had PMed her for advice on how to treat a horse. We don't know what is said or recommended in such a situation. A new horse owner might think that a "vet" on a BB gives sound advice. And might follow it. Right or wrong.

So I think OP did the right thing. She first tried to talk to Grataan. Grataan got angry and jumped her at a show. (According to what I was told by OP.) Next was this thread, and OP tried not to put the name out on the thread, but others wanted that done. I PMed and got the name and info. If it had been in my area, I'd have checked out the vet boards website to see if she is/was a vet here.

OP said many nice things about Grataan in her PM to me. But she said that Grataan should not be holding herself out as a vet. I agree. I don't remember what the psychological syndrome is, our great forensic vet is deceased or I'd have called him, but I do know that it's wrong to hold herself out as a vet. I understand she was a good vet tech.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan96 View Post
    I must confess to identity theft. I'm not Trevelyan - he died in 2005. And I'm not really a middle aged weenie rider - I'm actually a majikal horse trainer who knows how to turn a perfectly dead quiet OTTB into a fire breathing, herdbound, nutcase in 3 years or less. And for the low price of just $199.95 I can teach you how to do the same.

To seriously address the original subject of this thread. You can read this as advice, a warning, or an explanation. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I pretend to be one in real life or on the internet - but 11 years of working for big law firms has taught me this regarding allegations of a serious nature - like masquerading as a licensed professional. Whether innocent or guilty, say nothing until you've spoken with your attorney.
    Right, good words to heed.
    I think they are heeded..

I can't believe this thread has gone on for 17 pages!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson