The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

My overo hunter is lame, so I guess my name is a sham... I should be OveroPasturePuff or OveroThousandsOfDollarsInVetBills...
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

15 members found this post helpful.

Well, she's certainly a good writer. I loved the Trever stories, and wasn't she the one with the Pepperoni boarder as well? Oh, and the talented Mr. Grataan. Good job on character creation!

Looks like she'd pick a less ephemeral medium than an internet BB, though. She should write books or something that would stay around longer!

I learned my lesson about taking advice from a BB back when I was on a UK-based horse board years ago. They were all over those treeless saddles when they first came out. So I paid about $700 to get a Trekker sent over from Germany - at the time a lot more money than it seems right now. I was so disappointed when it arrived and I found I'd paid that much money for a tiny little postage stamp piece of leather than rolled under the pony if I so much as breathed near it.

Oh, but I do have an APHA pony who misbehaves!

3 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by OveroHunter View Post
    My overo hunter is lame, so I guess my name is a sham... I should be overopasturepuff or overothousandsofdollarsinvetbills...
    hahahahaha glad I'm not the only one with a name which is (now) a lie/sham. I feel so much better about myself.

Heres hoping your name will be true again though :-).

Mine, well, it goes to show how naive teenagers can be. Scarily enough I was actually a teen when I made it.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I haven't nickered lately and if I did it certainly wouldn't be at dawn, so what the hell?
    "Your best can be worn at any length"- Jason Mraz

10 members found this post helpful.

My real name isn't Meupatdoes, but my online persona is such that I actually received a message in my okcupid inbox from someone (who had last emailed me over a year prior and had never met me in person) who recognized me from afar at traffic court.

I guess I really do look like my picture!

Some intrepid COTHers did once try to suss out ways I was sekritly cheating the ammy rule, despite the fact that I ...ride on a Pro card and the horse in question was and still is listed on USEF as my own. *thumbsup*

The Meupatdoes conspiracy to impress people I don't even know on the internet runs pretty deep.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nickers@dawn View Post
    I haven't nickered lately and if I did it certainly wouldn't be at dawn, so what the hell?
    I thought it referred to your undergarment
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

10 members found this post helpful.

That means that BuddyRoo can confirm if Lex truly is 100% Grade A man-beef or the pink slime stuff they serve at McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    Well, I can confirm that Lex IS real and IS a man and DOES have a dog. Saw all that w/ my own two eyes. Erm, Well....maybe I can't actually PROVE he's a man, but he IS real and he does have a dog.

And Jumpin_Horses is real and has a horse that can jump. And buck. And run around with her donkey pals and roll in mud. I even know where she lives. Mwahaha haaaa....(my horses used to live there)

Oh, and I can't think of M's screen name, but I've met her horse and her and we boarded briefly at the same place here in VA.

Who else can I confirm existence of? LOL

4 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    haha no that would be knickers.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

5 members found this post helpful.

This is comment is AWESOME!

1 members found this post helpful.

As for me, I really am about to have Another Round. And I usually offer one to anyone else drinking with me, as well.

As for Nasal Berry - well, I believe her username too. Which is disgusting. I mean, who would lie about something like that?

Heh heh.

edited - oh, hay, heh heh - I forgot I post here under Ambitious Kate, heh heh, my username used to be Another Round, on coth, and it stopped working, changed it to ambitious Kate - the dam of my first horse. Really. Swear to dog. Look it up - HEre's Suds by Inyureye out of Ambitious Kate. (TB).

Peace out.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

2 members found this post helpful.

That's only after a bottle or two of Pinot Grigio! My alter likes Pinot,
    "Your best can be worn at any length"- Jason Mraz

I didn't think it was legal for vets to give advice without seeing the animal, they always say, "bring 'em in" when you call. I've never seen a vet on a message board handing out advice exept those 'ask the expert' type things. And they are vetted (no pun intended) and almost always end with, "ask your own vet to be sure." I would think the liability for doling out advice and writing it down publicly without seeing the animal would be a big no-no.

I'm grateful for the advice I get on this board, but if somebody showed up saying they were a vet, id sure think twice. I hope nobody got hurt by this person's advice.

PS. The baby is a palomino, but he's not really a baby, which causes confusion unless you've met him. I tried to explain in my sig.

5 members found this post helpful.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Wow, I've apparently been doing it wrong for years.

For what it's worth, I've always felt that if you're going to out somebody, you better make damn well certain you're right, and then you also need to step up to the plate and provide the credentials that make you worth listening to (so someone else can verify.) Otherwise it invites he-said-she-said back and forth BS and nobody comes out looking like they're worth listening to. I certainly hope nobody is going off of the recommendations of somebody on the internet calling him/her/itself a vet, but we all know we have some fruit loops here.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

4 members found this post helpful.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    Umm, unless I have a doppelganger, 2dogs is not She-Ra!
    After all, I'll still be the Princess of Power
    AM SO! AM SO!!
    And you are a mean doodyhead for questioning my authenticity

Geesh - this thread is becoming a doppelganger to the famed Heather Hill fiasco....
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

1 members found this post helpful.

how DO you spell it? Oh... Xena???

Oh wait, am I supposed to get all grumpy about folks correcting my spelling? Well, then I'll never tell you how I read Viola! for the longest time...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnalli View Post
    You spelled it wrong, lol....but you made me giggle, so you can be Zena with a Z..

I think it was right of the OP to call out a fake, if that is indeed the case.

Can anyone think of any reason why the OP would bother to start a thread to call someone out falsely? I can't think what they would achieve by that. For one, I am comfortable believing that the OP genuinely was concerned for people believing information that she/he knows to be coming from someone falsely claiming credentials.

The crazy thing is that if Grataan is a vet tech, I would still be listening to their advice. I'm not saying that I wouldn't get a vet out, but many, many people on here are not horse people with 30+ years experience and may very well believe that they are getting sage advice and saving money from a real vet.

Like others have said, I believe it is actually illegal for someone to claim to be a medical professional and dispense medical advice, so if Grataan has been doing that, then the mods really should be alerted.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    AM SO! AM SO!!
    And you are a mean doodyhead for questioning my authenticity

Geesh - this thread is becoming a doppelganger to the famed Heather Hill fiasco....
    Hey, I said you COULD be a doppelganger! I didn't completely dismiss the possibility that you could be She-Ra too! I am not a mean doodyhead but maybe I play one on the internet sometimes by accident

She-Ra was my nickname in basic training. I still have the t-shirt!
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

So, color me curious. Grataan is still giving advice...is someone going to step up and out her...if it's true? I've had enough drama in the last couple of weeks...it won't be me.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...99#post6701999
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Scenario 1:
    Grataan falsely accused, comes here and goes - wow - this is funny - here are my certs, and we all giggle and wonder WTF and go have another glass of wine.

Scenario 2:
    Grataan falsely accused, comes here and freaks out, we all go...woah, that's really weird, and then there's popcorn...oh, and more wine.

Scenario 3:
    Grataan NOT falsely accused, comes here and freaks out, add additional popcorn and wine.

Scenario 4:
    Grataan NOT falsely accused, comes here and says "Yeah, okay, I pretended" and we all go "huh, interesting" and forgive Grataan (and yes, this has happened on this board). Then we all have wine.

Scenario 5:
    Grataan NOT falsely accused, goes away quietly, alters come to defend said person and more wine shows up.

Either way, there's wine and popcorn involved.

43 members found this post helpful.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

I apologize axl - I guess if I was really She-Ra I would have blasted you with some sort of deathray or something.
    Calling someone a doodyhead is kind of lame for a Mistress of the Universe

So - I have to confess:
    with basic training under your belt, you are actually more entitled to the Crown than me anyhow

2dogs slinks away......
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009