The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

My horse is slab sided. I used to be. Then menopause added a pound or three.

I'm going to eat more chocolate now.

18 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Well, my username is a total lie now because I no longer event. But I like to think thats pretty obvious from my posts and I'm not pretending to be a ULR or anything like that. I should probably change it but i'm kinda attached now, sooooo.

Full disclosure and all that.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

1 members found this post helpful.

My user name is boring... what I will admit to is that I am a nerd. So, like all nerds coming back to a conversation w/ a late, out of the loop response.

I AM ZENA, PRINCESS WARRIOR.

So. There.

Whew, glad I got that one claimed...

2 members found this post helpful.

I am not currently riding Tucson, despite what my location may say.

Though I am IN Tucson the city, so it's true. Except when I'm neither in the city or on my horse. Then it's all lies...
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    LOL. I just used you as an example of how to run a rescue!
    I'm so boring. My name is really Laura and I do live in KY. Sigh. Some of you even know me in real life. Boring, boring, boring. Maybe I need a secret life and alter.
    My name is not "really" Nasalberry, nor do I live in Boogerville.
    It is my official Booger-Name, as I AM a proud, *card-carrying member of the Booger-Clan, to which many can attest.

*OK, I have no actual card.
    But: I HAVE been around this, AWA other BBs since 1999.

Well, I can confirm that Lex IS real and IS a man and DOES have a dog. Saw all that w/ my own two eyes. Erm, Well....maybe I can't actually PROVE he's a man, but he IS real and he does have a dog.

And Jumpin_Horses is real and has a horse that can jump. And buck. And run around with her donkey pals and roll in mud. I even know where she lives. Mwahaha haaaa....(my horses used to live there)

Oh, and I can't think of M's screen name, but I've met her horse and her and we boarded briefly at the same place here in VA.

Who else can I confirm existence of? LOL
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by analise View Post
    Or you know...maybe Grataan doesn't want to dignify it with a response.

I'm not saying the OP is right or not...I mean, I have no idea. But I do also feel like it's funny that some anonymous someone posts that someone else isn't who they say they are, has no proof of it but their own assertion...and a bunch of people immediately accept that it must be true. It's just kind of ridiculous.

Of course, I'm also one of the ones who doesn't pay close attention to who is posting, anyway.
    That is kinda what I was thinking too. In her spot, I danged sure would not bother, and H-ll no, I would not be sending copies of credentials to anyone on here.

Face it, this is something we do for enjoyment. If she was to charge for advice and it was discovered she was not a vet, then we might have a leg to stand on. If not, oh well. Free advice can be worth what you pay for it. I enjoy Graataan's posts and don't care if she is a vet or not, and don't see where it is any of our business.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

4 members found this post helpful.

My name is not Crackerdog I am sad to say. It is the name of my farm though and part of the name of my blog, so it's easy peasy to find out who I am. I don't begrudge anyone for having a screen name, it's creative and unique to the poster. Besides who wants to see kellyw2837750 and maryj7366215 and the like all the time?

I am not normally one to believe much on the internet but for some reason I take people on CoTH at face value, I suppose I will have to change. While I would never take serious medical advice from someone online, I find it sad that someone may or may not be misrepresenting themselves as a dvm.

I also see the hazard of such behavior on a board like this, while clearly most people scoff at the ones who do go to the internet for veterinary help, they are really out there. I belong to a local board that has people on it all the time asking each other for medical advice because they don't want to call a vet out for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    Well, I can confirm that Lex IS real and IS a man and DOES have a dog. Saw all that w/ my own two eyes. Erm, Well....maybe I can't actually PROVE he's a man, but he IS real and he does have a dog.

And Jumpin_Horses is real and has a horse that can jump. And buck. And run around with her donkey pals and roll in mud. I even know where she lives. Mwahaha haaaa....(my horses used to live there)

Oh, and I can't think of M's screen name, but I've met her horse and her and we boarded briefly at the same place here in VA.

Who else can I confirm existence of? LOL
    where does Lex live?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    are you qualified to make such a recommendation?
    it was kinda open-ended, wasn't it?

let's call it a personal endorsement of PBandC (the skinny cow "cookies" rock!) rather than an actual recommendation
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

Quote Originally Posted by millerra View Post
    My user name is boring... what I will admit to is that I am a nerd. So, like all nerds coming back to a conversation w/ a late, out of the loop response.

I AM ZENA, PRINCESS WARRIOR.

So. There.

Whew, glad I got that one claimed...
    You spelled it wrong, lol....but you made me giggle, so you can be Zena with a Z..
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    where does Lex live?

Dunno, but he's close enough to where I live that we bumped into each other unplanned at the dog park.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    Margarine of Nootka... LMAO yes

So I need changed to
    MargarineOfNookta or
    NoNootka
    Or to be simple, just "Notka".

The worst thing I've ever said on COTH in terms of truthiness is calling what I feed my horses my "feeding program". I just liked the way it sounded. Apologies if that made me sound more qualified than I am...
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

8 members found this post helpful.

Dunno, but he's close enough to where I live that we bumped into each other unplanned at the dog park.

I better stop while I'm ahead, or he'll have me arrested for stalking.

(Even though I am a perfect angel!)

But the questions begs to be asked: How did you know he was Lex, and not an imposter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

if you get bored with this thread head over to the menagerie for this one....Cat with...ahem, interesting dominance behavior. hilarious

Uh oh, I haven't been Toadie's mom in 6 years (although I do know where he is, and his new mom keeps me updated..REALLY!). I also have no imagination, so it may take me another 6 yrs. to come up with a new name.

At an ICP clinic a few yrs. ago the Coth BB as a subject came up. Someone said to me, in a very sinister voice, "I think I know who YOU are on there"
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

I would be interested in hearing Grataan's side of this. If it is true that her entire persona on here is made up, I actually just feel sad for her.

Although I do agree that pretending to be a vet on COTH and then giving advice on horse health topics is different and more dangerous than just the average person saying "I'd do x about that horse health issue."

8 members found this post helpful.

I really do have a horse named The New Banner's Choice, hence NBChoice.

I also really do have the cutest little grey pony ever with one blind eye. And I really do have the naughtiest, but most adorable black gelding ever. Promise!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

I think we ALL need a good laugh!

The full moon was the other night, yet CoTH has been quite.......'active' last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    LMAO.. I dont know y I find that so funny Munching.. but i did..lol

Wait ... What??
    You live in MI; Lex is VA. Either one or both of you have a Teleporter,
    Or ... OMG ...

Neither of you are who you believe you are.