The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Re: original situation/Graatan - this can be easily resolved by Graatan contacting a moderator and providing her info to be checked. At this point, Graatan's complete radio silence on the board has me leaning more towards believing the original poster than not. But again, it's a BB, everything should be taken with a grain of salt. Claiming to be a vet if not is a pretty bad offense, because being known as a vet does give your posts more credibility than just the average Joe giving advice.

I've been online since AOL days in the early 90s. I have nearly always used my real name just because the few times I did use an alternate name I found it difficult to keep trying to hide my real identity, and because I stand by everything I post. Plus, I was an active follower of a certain "Kaycee Nicole" - a teenage girl with cancer who was blogging her experiences ... who after she "died" it turned out to be some 30-something woman who had previously identified herself on the blog as Kaycee's mother, and Kaycee never existed. Seeing the betrayal in people all over the world who grew to love this non-existent girl, and grieved her mourning, was enough for me to realize that it's just sad and pathetic to have to make up a life online. Real life is usually good enough.

My late husband used to say no one could blackmail him because he always told the truth, and I've taken that lesson to heart. My life is an open book, and I stick to the facts as much as possible. If more people lived that way it'd be a great world Owning your own mistakes helps, too.

Edit: ok, I guess I do have to confess - very few people call me Tif, and no one calls me "Tif Ann" but my mother when I was very small. It's Tiffany, but that's a hard username to get, so I typically use Tif_Ann or a version thereof
    Last edited by Tif_Ann; Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: for confession about name
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    ~ Maya Angelou

11 members found this post helpful.

Ok, I will confess....I am not really munching on hay, currently I am sipping tea.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    I am most positive that no one here knows my identity...I have been so careful about hiding it!
    Batman, is that you?
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

4 members found this post helpful.

nanananananananan BATMAN! nanananananananana BATMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyfree View Post
    Batman, is that you?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyfree View Post
    Batman, is that you?
    Shhhhh!
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

2 members found this post helpful.

LMAO.. I dont know y I find that so funny Munching.. but i did..lol
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Well I know someone who said she knew Lex IRL when she lived in VA. And she said he really is as hot as he says he is.
    I don't believe your friend. I need to see a picture of Lex just to be sure.

And since we are all coming clean here... For the record, I (DRmgncolor) am no Dr, nor do I play one on TV or the internet. My screen name is a derivative of my horse's registered name "Dreaming in Color" who's name could imply that she's a paint or pinto. But she's just a plain old chestnut with 4 white feet and a white face.

This thread is awesome. Except I found out Graatan wasn't really a vet.
    Dreaming in Color

6 members found this post helpful.

Okay, okay, I'm not really a moderator, I just save this id for moments like these And I've probably posted on this this thread under my "true" identity

But...I can go around saying I'm emperor because this is a bb. And some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me

12 members found this post helpful.

I may have a morgan...or maybe not....or my horse might be a morgan...or maybe not....or I may be named morgan...not....or I want a morgan...or not....
    (sits down with head between knees and waits for dizzyness to pass)

11 members found this post helpful.

Grataan posted several times about her GSD (German Shepherd Dog). Anyone know if she also posts on pedigreedatabase under that name or a different one? If the OP is factual and she's been faking the vet thing, pdb is almost entirely nutjobs making stuff up. Would be interesting to see if she's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tif_Ann View Post
    Re: original situation/Graatan - this can be easily resolved by Graatan contacting a moderator and providing her info to be checked. At this point, Graatan's complete radio silence on the board has me leaning more towards believing the original poster than not.
    Just to play Devil's Advocate here: This thread has been up less than 24 hours at this point. Whatever Graatan may or may not be, they may actually be busy.

And in the spirit of confessions, my real name is not GypsyQ. And Gypsy the horse is no longer alive. Does that make me a zombie horse?
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has widely been considered as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

3 members found this post helpful.

Does this mean the super-cool Trevor was not real!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    I am most positive that no one here knows my identity...I have been so careful about hiding it!
    LOL. I just used you as an example of how to run a rescue!

I'm so boring. My name is really Laura and I do live in KY. Sigh. Some of you even know me in real life. Boring, boring, boring. Maybe I need a secret life and alter.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

8 members found this post helpful.

Grataan just posted on the Eventing forum.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    Grataan just posted on the Eventing forum.
    Doink-Doink!
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I'm actually Alex. When I was grooming years ago, the owner of my favorite horse told me he was so dumb he'd think it was axl. She may have meant axle, but I went with the GnR reference.

I used to be budman, after my POA I had as a teenager, but I forgot the password and could never figure out how to get the name back.
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyQ View Post
    Just to play Devil's Advocate here: This thread has been up less than 24 hours at this point. Whatever Graatan may or may not be, they may actually be busy.
    I can't imagine that Grataan hasn't received a ton of PMs about this post ... and if I got a bunch of PMs telling me someone had claimed I wasn't who I said I was, you bet I'd be running here to check it out. Especially with this HUGE of a claim which can easily be proven - it's not hard to check if someone is a vet or not.
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    ~ Maya Angelou

3 members found this post helpful.

While Grataan is making copies of her vet degree to show everyone, maybe someone could ask her if she ever had a horse named The Prince and was involved in a tragic cattle drive involving a logging truck.

Having a better than passing familiarity with veterinary medicine, I never thought she was a real life vet, but hey, who's going to take the word of a horse stuck in a stall?

18 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeMorgan View Post
    I may have a morgan...or maybe not....or my horse might be a morgan...or maybe not....or I may be named morgan...not....or I want a morgan...or not....
    (sits down with head between knees and waits for dizzyness to pass)
    But MM, by the very nature of your screen name, we all already gleaned this. Maybe.

Dead lame, I have to admit I've known for quite some time that Grataan wasn't an equine vet. But I DID think she was small animal or dairy DMV. I'm also surprised to find there is no Mr. Fabulous Surgeon Grataan. What a let down. She spent a lot of time fleshing out his character. Including having him throw out her tampons last off topic day.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tif_Ann View Post
    I can't imagine that Grataan hasn't received a ton of PMs about this post ... and if I got a bunch of PMs telling me someone had claimed I wasn't who I said I was, you bet I'd be running here to check it out. Especially with this HUGE of a claim which can easily be proven - it's not hard to check if someone is a vet or not.
    Or you know...maybe Grataan doesn't want to dignify it with a response.

I'm not saying the OP is right or not...I mean, I have no idea. But I do also feel like it's funny that some anonymous someone posts that someone else isn't who they say they are, has no proof of it but their own assertion...and a bunch of people immediately accept that it must be true. It's just kind of ridiculous.

Of course, I'm also one of the ones who doesn't pay close attention to who is posting, anyway.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

5 members found this post helpful.