The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OTTB Eye Candy of the Day

Hubba hubba

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7870869&type=1

http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=801

The track closes in a few days-someone should get themselves a hunk of a Christmas present.
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

1 members found this post helpful.

Yummy!
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

I seriously have to stop opening these threads.
    http://poorwomanshowing.blogspot.com/
    R.I.P. Eagles Hill. 4/6/00-12/10/11.

3 members found this post helpful.

Oh man - he is a nice one!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE BUY HIM BEFORE I DO!!!!!

He is freakin' gorgeous!

Here's another stunner. I don't know what's in the water up in Finger Lakes, but they have some good looking horses!

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/new-york-new-york/

SEPowell took the listing for Big Fearless and says he needs a home ASAP. Consider yourselves enabled! He seems to be SO worth the brain surgery!

I'd be happy to send my address to anyone who wants to ship him to me

Quote Originally Posted by sparky6 View Post
    Hubba hubba

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7870869&type=1

http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=801

The track closes in a few days-someone should get themselves a hunk of a Christmas present.
    He's very handsome but is he roached backed? Check the 3rd photo from the top.
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatFarm View Post
    He's very handsome but is he roached backed? Check the 3rd photo from the top.

Very mildly--and it may not be real. Not enough that would bother me. I'd look at him closer but he moved well in the video. I've had more than one VERY good jumper with a mild roach in their back like his.

Nice horse....someone should really go for him!!!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Not roached-backed. What you are seeing is just the tops of the dorsal spinal processes on the lumbar vertebrae. When he's muscled up over the loin, you shouldn't see them, and even if you did, it's cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by baxtersmom View Post
    Not roached-backed. What you are seeing is just the tops of the dorsal spinal processes on the lumbar vertebrae. When he's muscled up over the loin, you shouldn't see them, and even if you did, it's cosmetic.
    That's what I would expect as well.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Yes, he is lean. Lovely boy especially for the price.
    Let us ride together; blowing mane and hair; careless of the weather; miles ahead of care...Fat Cat Farm Sport Horses

Spoke to his old trainer.

I hope he lands in a good place.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

As long as you are oogling..go to the same site and check out Yukon Goldrush..

Ok.... Yukon is cute, but nearly 2 years off? (11/2010 - 8/2012)

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Re: Big Fearless: this was just posted on the FLF thread on Off Course:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...82#post6700982

Please take the time to read and consider helping this big guy land in a safe place.

~Emily

Uh oh-just saw this on the FLF thread on Off Course. Hope he lands in a soft spot and gets whatever help he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    There is a major back story on Big Fearless, and lots of issues. The volunteers of Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds Trainer Listings know the whole story and have been in touch with his breeder, his former trainers, his former exercise rider, and the vet who did a PPE on him last week (did not pass). Due to the issues, and the loveliness of this horse despite the issues, we at Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds have been working feverishly on an adoption/retirement facility and his breeders are working with us on it -- but first we have to wrest the horse away from the people who have him before they whisk him off to the netherworld, and then we have to get him gelded, which we already have a donor for. Saving this horse's life has become a big mission for us and we have four people working very hard at it.
    If someone is seriously interested in him and would like to know more about this issues, please PM me. But there is almost no time for this horse. We have someone going to the track tonight to see if he is even still there after he trailed the field in a race today.
    If someone is in a position to get to the track at the crack of dawn tomorrow and get the horse and shelter him while we work out the other arrangements, then bless you and let me know right away!

My horse had a year and half off for a suspensory, still ran til 9 and is perfectly capable of doing lower level eventing. If a person is intersted in a lower level partner, why not vet the horse and see whats what..Not everyone needs or wants to go recognized. If he he is capable of doing the job you want him for he will be very handsome doing it. For alot of these horses time is simply running out...also as an aside, my newest horse ran every two weeks for years except in winter..his ankles are the size of pineapples, he would have been served better with more time off or less frequent starts, so the theory of consistent running is not always perfect either. Despite the fact that he failed the vet in three out of four legs I took him anyway because I need a companion horse here that can occasionally tote my hubby around or take me for a mosey along trail ride. He has the temperment for that and is good looking to boot.

ARGH!!! I wish I had more money!!!!! I would take him, you wouldn't even have to geld him...

He is so lovely, and I love his breeding. My horse by Mr. Greeley (this horse's grandsire) is just super, super.

ARH. Reality sucks sometimes.

Wow. I hope they can get him into a good situation. Poor guy--he sure is pretty!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Exclamation

Now I feel guilty for buying 2 @ Penn yesterday and 1 @ Parx and 1 at CT.....although a FLF did arrive today but alas that lovely belongs to another COTHer...

Here's hoping for a soft landing..maybe we can set up our own Mrs Medicott bank account...enabling.....OK if you guys can get him here I will give him a STALL for 3 months NO BOARD $$$....BUT I will not ADOPT of KEEP him.....

5 members found this post helpful.