The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone worked at Mt. Holyoke's stables before/recently/currently?

They have some job openings in the stable and I was just curious what people's experiences have been with them? It's pretty basic barn work I could do in my sleep, but would love to know what people have thought of the other staff, work environment, horse conditions, etc! Thanks!

The distant past- early 70s, when the barn was up 116 north of town. Hardly likely to be useful .
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I boarded there while I was college and hung out at the barn a lot. The barn staff is AWESOME!! So friendly and all hung out a lot. Jen (the barn manager) is super nice. The others of the barn staff were really good friends on mine while I was there at school The barn was like a second home me. The horses are VERY well cared for. Everyone at the Eq center loved the horses, whether they were permanent staff, boarding students, or students working in the barn. For such a big barn, there was huge sense of family. If I could go back there (as both a boarder or a barn worker) I would in a heartbeat. I graduated in 2007, so not long ago.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the responses! I've worked at college barns before and they aren't always the best environment-wise and often have overworked ponies, so it's good to hear that that isn't the case with Moho. Hopefully they will be interested in hiring me -- I work a crappy office job right now for 4$ less an hour and I just want horses back in my life rather than photocopying!