The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep. 22, 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default AQHA Hypp status

    Can anyone tell me the hypp status of "te review"? I'm not an AQHA member.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    May. 10, 2001
    Location
    NW Washington
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    You should be able to call the AQHA and get it from them. I'm not a member either or I'd look it up. :-)



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb. 18, 2012
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    760

    Default

    As you probably already know, HYPP is carried by the Impressive line. Te Review has Impressive on the top side from Blackmailer Te's dam line, but Blackmailer Te himself is N/N. She also has Impressive on the bottom side from Impressive Review, her damsire. Impressive Review is also N/N.
    Since those are the closest connections to Impressive in her pedigree and they are both N/N, there is no way that Te Review can be N/H or H/H.
    Last edited by Thoroughbred in Color; Dec. 6, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
    It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
    Theodore Roosevelt
    Wild Maple Designs - Equestrian inspired apparel.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep. 22, 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Thank you so much!



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct. 29, 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    264

    Default

    REG. NO. HORSE'S NAME COLOR SEX DATE FOAL ST
    4423651 TE REVIEW SORREL MARE 04/29/2003 TX

    Additional Horse Information for TE REVIEW:
    Genetic Typed
    Parent Verified
    HYPP Results:N/N

    From AQHA's online database.
    Last edited by BayRoan; Dec. 4, 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: to add information


    1 members found this post helpful.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr. 19, 2011
    Location
    Madison, GA
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    BayRoan,

    Do you have to be logged into the AQHA website to view HYPP statuses? I have another horse I want to look up.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov. 29, 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Impressive on both sides..........good to see she is N/N

    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/te+review



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep. 22, 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default

    I have one more! Could someone look up Phenomenal Dutchess? I really appreciate it!



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr. 19, 2011
    Location
    Madison, GA
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Bringinglighttohypp.org used to have lists of N/H and H/H horses, but I can't find them on their new site. Does anyone know what happened to them?
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb. 18, 2012
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    760

    Default

    http://bringinglighttohypp.homestead...HASTUDSNN1.pdf

    Had to do a google search for the list. Couldn't find it on the new site either.
    It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
    Theodore Roosevelt
    Wild Maple Designs - Equestrian inspired apparel.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec. 20, 2011
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Very silly how you have to pay to see the HYPP status on older horses.


    4884155 PHENOMENAL DUTCHESS BUCKSKIN MARE 01/23/2004 TX

    Additional Horse Information for PHENOMENAL DUTCHESS:

    HYPP Results:N/N



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr. 19, 2011
    Location
    Madison, GA
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    I can't stand the AQHA's website pay per view thing... We pay for an APHA premium membership and we can see everything we need.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep. 5, 2011
    Posts
    2,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VaqueroToro View Post
    Very silly how you have to pay to see the HYPP status on older horses.


    4884155 PHENOMENAL DUTCHESS BUCKSKIN MARE 01/23/2004 TX

    Additional Horse Information for PHENOMENAL DUTCHESS:

    HYPP Results:N/N
    Quote Originally Posted by OveroHunter View Post
    I can't stand the AQHA's website pay per view thing... We pay for an APHA premium membership and we can see everything we need.
    It's not only sad & greedy, but one would think that the AQHA would WANT folks to be able to research the HYPP status on a horse they've bought or are thinking of buying. It's a serious health issue. Surely if they want to be that anal about it, there must be some way to at least provide that specific information free of charge.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul. 20, 2004
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Would someone be willing to look up Zip My Page #4634072 for me? Thanks in advance for any help.

    Nevermind, was able to find he is n/n. Thanks anyway!



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec. 20, 2011
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    It's not only sad & greedy, but one would think that the AQHA would WANT folks to be able to research the HYPP status on a horse they've bought or are thinking of buying. It's a serious health issue. Surely if they want to be that anal about it, there must be some way to at least provide that specific information free of charge.
    In a way, they do. Members get up to $10 a month free to use for lookups. The Horse Ownership report is the one that has the HYPP status and that's between $1 and $3 per report. So if you knew where you were going to look it up (which I didn't, so I spent $3 additional on a pedigree thinking that's where it was), theoretically you could look up HYPP status on 10 horses.

    But back to your point -- you are correct, this doesn't do a lick of good for non-members. I also don't understand how N/H -- asymptomatic or not -- are allowed to be registered unless the animal was rendered completely sterile through castration or spaying. Why are they even taking the chance to register more to carry on the disease when it could have been eradicated shortly after it was discovered which stallion it traced back to?



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2000
    Location
    Chatham, NY USA
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Vaquero, there's a "P" word that comes to mind.

    Carol
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast


    1 members found this post helpful.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec. 20, 2011
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccoronios View Post
    Vaquero, there's a "P" word that comes to mind.

    Carol
    Heh! Several come to my mind, but I'll assume you mean the one synonymous with money. And you'd be correct.



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr. 19, 2011
    Location
    Madison, GA
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VaqueroToro View Post
    In a way, they do. Members get up to $10 a month free to use for lookups. The Horse Ownership report is the one that has the HYPP status and that's between $1 and $3 per report. So if you knew where you were going to look it up (which I didn't, so I spent $3 additional on a pedigree thinking that's where it was), theoretically you could look up HYPP status on 10 horses.

    But back to your point -- you are correct, this doesn't do a lick of good for non-members. I also don't understand how N/H -- asymptomatic or not -- are allowed to be registered unless the animal was rendered completely sterile through castration or spaying. Why are they even taking the chance to register more to carry on the disease when it could have been eradicated shortly after it was discovered which stallion it traced back to?
    IIRC, the AQHA is going to phase out N/H registration over the next few years. The APHA on the other hand isn't doing anything to phase it out last I heard.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar. 27, 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    249

    Default

    A little of topic, but do the paints also have the HERDA problem? Another genitic disease it would be nice to see gone.



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb. 18, 2012
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Yes, HERDA is present in paints with quarter horse breeding. I would love to see HYPP, HERDA, and OLWS eliminated. It's as simple as not breeding those individuals who are carriers, but sadly HYPP horses score better in halter, and overos sell better than tobianos so people keep breeding questionable animals.
    It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
    Theodore Roosevelt
    Wild Maple Designs - Equestrian inspired apparel.



Similar Threads

  1. Can we talk about HYPP?
    By Plainandtall in forum Off Course
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May. 30, 2012, 01:24 PM
  2. HYPP N/H question
    By Ainsley in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: Oct. 30, 2009, 11:14 PM
  3. Finding out an AQHA sire's HYPP status
    By kcmel in forum Off Course
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Mar. 22, 2009, 04:13 PM
  4. HYPP N/H - Now what?
    By Cruzer in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: May. 18, 2008, 10:03 PM
  5. Replies: 142
    Last Post: Jul. 17, 2004, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness