The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best Online Show Clothes Sites ~ Quality

Needing new hunt coats in particular, quality. Prefer RJ Classics, Grand Prix, Marigold or others?? Dover just doesn't have much to offer IMHO. Where are some other great online English Tack Stores?

TIA
    jackieO

Beval and SmartPak are two of my favorites. Have also gotten great deals at EquusNow (half price ariat monacos!)

I like Tack Room Inc for RJ Classics as they usually have a far number on sale:

http://www.tackroominc.com/ladies-cl...c-103_377.html

1 members found this post helpful.

I second Equus Now...not always a lot online, but I called in, the lady went and looked at all the Grand Prix jackets in my size and described them to me. I got a lovely new very-dark-navy with a subtle purple stripe for a screaming deal. I didn't get to see it first (but with monitors and photo quality, that's an issue with all on-line shopping anyway) but it was exactly what I was looking for, (picture below)
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...b97af2&theater
    and the customer service was great!!
    For schooling quality breeches, VTO has some good deals, but for show stuff, I go with Equus Now, Smartpak, or occassionally Dover. Farmhouse tack also has some nice stuff, though not the best deals.
    A good man can make you feel sexy, strong, and able to take on the world.... oh, sorry.... that's wine...wine does that...

Default monacos

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'sEndFarm View Post
    Beval and SmartPak are two of my favorites. Have also gotten great deals at EquusNow (half price ariat monacos!)
    I love equusnow, but don't see half price Monacos

Hey guys!

Thanks for the replies! I think I will try calling Equus Now & see what they may have. I have found some great deals from Robin Petix (collectiononlinestore.com), but I am really wanting a pretty black jacket in maybe a herringbone or vertical tone on tone or subtle pin stripe. I don't like any of the glitter type that Marigold does, but some of their more traditional fabrics are okay, but their prices....YIKES!

It is rather amazing that there are not that many companies that make quality off the shelf jackets IMHO.

I forgot about Tackroom. I need to check them out also. I frequent Ebay and have found some good deals for nice jackets there. I think I just need to set up another 'saved search'.

I am friends with girl that now owns Stable Cloth & Winning Çouture. Her things are gorgeous, but I just don't want to spend that much money.

Keep the suggestions coming!!

Thanks!!

Element Farm: pretty!!!
    Last edited by jackieO; Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
    jackieO

1 members found this post helpful.

Definitely check out The Collection Online. She has a lot of RJ coats at great prices and free shipping. I have ordered many items from her and have a very good experience. Have fun shopping!

http://www.thecollectiononlinestore.com/
    Proud Member of Team Barbaro!!!!!

The Collection Online Store also just emailed last weekend about a sale. Coats are marked at 50-100 bucks.

ETA...if you don't see what you want online, contact Robin. She worked a deal for me on a coat in her store that was not available through her website.

Also, Farm House Tack just sent an email for the 12 Days of Christmas. Today's deal is Grand Prix coats starting at 50 dollars....but I think you have to call

Quote Originally Posted by comingback View Post
    Also, Farm House Tack just sent an email for the 12 Days of Christmas. Today's deal is Grand Prix coats starting at 50 dollars....but I think you have to call
    Even if Farmhouse isn't having one of their fabulous sales, still try them. Nicest people on the face of the planet work there, and they have fabulous customer service. If you call them and give your sizes/brands, they will pull things in your size and even email/text pictures of the fabric if they aren't busy. They also have a pretty legit amount of inventory for a single brick-and-mortar tack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by LulaBell View Post
    Even if Farmhouse isn't having one of their fabulous sales, still try them. Nicest people on the face of the planet work there, and they have fabulous customer service. If you call them and give your sizes/brands, they will pull things in your size and even email/text pictures of the fabric if they aren't busy. They also have a pretty legit amount of inventory for a single brick-and-mortar tack shop.
    Ditto this. I have 3 coats from farm house. The most recent is a gorgeous Grand Prix that was originally almost $500 and I bought it site unseen for $100. I imagine they would have sent a picture if I'd asked but it was worth it to me. Seriously the nicest people!
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

Thanks for the recommendations for our shop! We're in the process of liquidating our 2012 Hunt Coats to make room for the 2013 models arriving in a few month. Give Tracy Baker a call in our Retail Store -
    740-549-4959 - she can walk you thru a great selection over the phone - WAY more that what's on our web site.